+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

steven.blankard

Jun 7, 2021
Hi. My profile update date has changed some days after taking the test; But the test status has not changed and it is still in progress. Do you have any similar experience? Is it because the test has not been accepted?

betosorio

Aug 31, 2014
Out of curiosity, have you ever sent any webform to ask for an update or have your local MP contact IRCC regarding your application?
I've called a few times asking for an update, but they just say the same thing, to keep waiting... I also ordered GCMS notes.

no, I haven't reached the local MP, does it works?

should I reach the MP via email?? or what do you suggest?

Thanks!

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I've called a few times asking for an update, but they just say the same thing, to keep waiting... I also ordered GCMS notes.

no, I haven't reached the local MP, does it works?

should I reach the MP via email?? or what do you suggest?

Thanks!
I am just trying to find out if sending webforms actually does something.

First time I sent a webform (11 months after AOR), they booked me for the test a few days after.
Second time I sent a webform (14 months after AOR), they ask for passport scan also a few days after.

I believe getting local MP office to send a inquiry does help. I did that when I was sponsoring my wife.
For my local MP, I had to go in person the first time to sign a document to allow the MP office to obtain my personal information from IRCC.
You can call your local office and find out how they handle these things.

Reactions: betosorio

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Out of curiosity, have you ever sent any webform to ask for an update or have your local MP contact IRCC regarding your application?

I did contact our local MP regarding our application. We received only generic answers such as longer processing times due to Covid-19, backlog, etc. I filled out a Webform on March 12, 2022. No response so far.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Anyone received any updates from Montreal office?
My application was not updated since begining of Nov. (Only test and background check is completed).

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
Montréal office here too. No updates either since September when they requested passport pages. Had a ghost update on January 7. Only background and citizenship test complete.

Sent a query to my MP but they only confirmed what I see in the tracker and that everything is in order.

It’s taking painfully long.

Anyone received any updates from Montreal office?
My application was not updated since begining of Nov. (Only test and background check is completed).

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Montréal office here too. No updates either since September when they requested passport pages. Had a ghost update on January 7. Only background and citizenship test complete.

Sent a query to my MP but they only confirmed what I see in the tracker and that everything is in order.

It’s taking painfully long.
Hopefully they will update everything at once.. I have a friend who applied in the same period as mine and already has his passport

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
I need an advice as i received oath ceremony invite today scheduled for March 17, 2021 . My wife is yet to receive the email invite and the application is a family one. I noticed that that the application status page for my self and spouse is yet to be updated as the section for oath ceremony is still showing as "not started". Should i be sending an email right away or waiting till early tomorrow to see if the invite email drops for my wife?
Your wife may get a seperate invitation later. If ceremony has not started, that indicates her date is not set yet. Not sure if it helps any with trying now.

Reactions: cit001

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16
!!!

Scheduled for oath on April 4, 2022.
Tracker updated on March 16, 2022.
No email yet.

Please update spreadsheet. Thank you.

Reactions: Kornet and Hot2Cold

seregatema

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
I’ve been ask to provide copies of my passport and for the interview:

Interview Detailsh

You will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. You will also be asked to answer any concerns we may have about your application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements forcitizenship.

During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified, if applicable. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package or visit the Help Centre.

Has it happened to anyone before? Is it good or bad and what to expect? Thank you

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thanks, I emailed them and got the notes the following week, not sure if it is just an coincidence. The only things changed was TEST became completed. Prohibition/Language/Residence all not started even though they all way passed the DUE DATE printed on it.

I just realized another changed, the one I got last year it states that my file was in the REGISTRY, but now it says it is in COMPLEX, does it mean my case has been designated as a complicated non-routine one?