+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
I got my application returned today. Somehow I missed a checkbox in one of the application form even after verifying multiple times. There were 3 applications in the package.

Can somebody tell him how do I resubmit the application? should I resubmit the same application and replacing only 1 page where I missed the checkbox? One of the application has "Received on" stamp on the front page. Is it ok to re-submit stamped application?

please guide me.
I could be wrong, so wait for someone more experienced to answer, but here is my thought:

No you cannot resubmit the old applications since it will be backdated signed. Also, you have to recalculate your physical presence again which will change all the dates on the forms. I know IRCC probably don't keep returned application info but if they do, your current application details would be there. Positively, resubmitting the old ones, just by replacing changed pages wouldn't create any issues but why taking the risk, right?

Thank you.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I got my application returned today. Somehow I missed a checkbox in one of the application form even after verifying multiple times. There were 3 applications in the package.

Can somebody tell him how do I resubmit the application? should I resubmit the same application and replacing only 1 page where I missed the checkbox? One of the application has "Received on" stamp on the front page. Is it ok to re-submit stamped application?

please guide me.
Here are the instructions from IRCC on sending back a returned application (text pasted below):
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4

My application was returned because something was missing. What can I do?
If we return your application because it’s incomplete, we also send you a letter and a checklist that explain why and what’s missing.
When you send your application back, make sure you
  • add any document or information that was missing the first time and include the letter and checklist we sent you
  • write a letter that explains why you’re changing or updating your information, or why you can’t get the document we requested
You can use all the same documents and payment receipts to apply again. Make sure the signatures are still valid.
  • We must get your application within 90 days from the date you signed it.
  • The date you signed it can’t be in the future (postdated).
If you need to, you can fill out, sign and date new forms.
You should also read the application guide to see if anything changed since the last time you applied.
The processing time only starts the day we receive your complete application. If we returned your application by mistake, we’ll use the date we first received your application.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015

please guide me.
if it your own application, you can re-apply online as well.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
have any of you guys not received AOR by mail despite ecas showing that you should’ve received it?
my aor letter was presumably sent out on December 12th, but I have nothing in the mailbox yet.
another possibility is that a porch bandit snatched right out of the mailbox (Maybe they were intrigued by the spicy looking book....)

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Updated
my application changed to IN PROCESS on Jan 27 2021

goodluck for everyone.

Reactions: scappa

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
After I read on July 2020 thread that people who applied online in dec 2020 getting invites I called cic but as usual water of time they have no information just covid covid covid

It's really frustrating

Juansehli

Dec 2, 2020
Hi guys, my situation is really strange, and I do not know what to do. My wife and I never received AOR e-mail or letter. We applied as family in same envelope. My ECAS showed from two weeks ago that my application received (only the first line, they did not mention any AOR e-mail or letter). My wife ECAS did not show anything. Then the last week mine disappeared (that came with ECAS update in which they ask you if you received AOR or not), I no longer can see it. Is that means it is returning to us?. I called IRCC but the agent said that they can not see it, and to wait few months!!!. Any advices please.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR rec'd today, February 25th. Also - my family application is for 2.

Thanks to whoever updates the spreadsheet!

Vicki

Rakeshjogi

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 3, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 5, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2021.

This is my status : Inprocess , I think it will take 2 years looking at COVID situation