+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
From what I gather, they had some issues sending out AORs. So while our files are received by them and probably in process by now, we have missed getting an official communication.

As long as we all have received our Application numbers from IRCC and have a confirmation that our files won't be returned, I am not too worried.

Good luck everyone.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
From what I gather, they had some issues sending out AORs. So while our files are received by them and probably in process by now, we have missed getting an official communication.

As long as we all have received our Application numbers from IRCC and have a confirmation that our files won't be returned, I am not too worried.

Good luck everyone.
Yup. I believe most of the September applicants would actually have their AOR's on file and because there was a 'technical difficulty' (aka a stupid production bug because someone screwed up bigtime), AORs were not sent out on time.

I expect to see some ECAS IP updates for September 2020 applicants by the end of Feb.

A few August applicants have reported IP status changes lately.

Good luck, all!

Reactions: bunutu

Hassonhasoo

Jun 28, 2020
Nobody added my name info!
ECAD shows the first line only, I called cic and they confirmed that AOR was sent in January 06th but I haven’t it got anything
Name is hassonhasoo

thanks

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
I was finally able to log in to the ECAS site. It says the following, so at least now I can log in. What I found weird was that they had a really old address in there, but the main thing was that I was able to update my address and phone number. To be clear, the following is not AOR? Is that a separate message?

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 28, 2020.
I'm having the same issue. Could anyone help?
I was able to log in on ECAS but found that they had my very old address. So, I updated it online right after on ECAS too. I also see the first line:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 28, 2020.

I'm worried that they might have sent my application back to the old address if it was not complete. For those whose application was returned, did you see a line saying it was returned on ECAS?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I was able to log in on ECAS but found that they had my very old address. So, I updated it online right after on ECAS too. I also see the first line:

I'm worried that they might have sent my application back to the old address if it was not complete. For those whose application was returned, did you see a line saying it was returned on ECAS?
If you see a status, it means it wont be returned to you.

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020

Good luck everyone.
Exactly. My ECAS result shows the first line only for last one month. I called IRCC call center and received my case number. I asked the lady whether the generation of case number ensures the application form and documents are are in order and won't be returned. She said yes, your application is good as per primary screening. However, if some more document is needed at the local processing center at a later date, they will ask for it.
She said AOR will be issued at end of January or early February. Keeping fingers crossed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

There is no ECAS update when an application is returned.

However, if you see the first line on ECAS, it is very likely that your application wasn't returned.

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
ECAS shows "Application Received"

Application (Single) sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 23, 2020
Days: 1114
AOR: 23 January 2021 (in ECAS only, no email received)

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I've recently run into a virtual citizenship ceremony on Twitter. Does anyone of you guys know whether this is a standart procedure now in order to speed up the whole processing? I guess there are online exams as well, am I right?
Can somebody briefly summarize how the citizenship processing is working now during the pandemic? Can we expect an acceleration and shorter waiting time? Any comments / info you guys want to share?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I've recently run into a virtual citizenship ceremony on Twitter. Does anyone of you guys know whether this is a standart procedure now in order to speed up the whole processing? I guess there are online exams as well, am I right?
Can somebody briefly summarize how the citizenship processing is working now during the pandemic? Can we expect an acceleration and shorter waiting time? Any comments / info you guys want to share?
1. Citizenship test and Oath ceremonies are conducted online. For some applicants, virtual interview is conducted after the test.
2. Yes, this is the procedure used currently because of the pandemic.
3. It works the same way as it did before, the same process but now certain things are being done online.
4. About the 'acceleration' part - no, I don't think so, not at least for the next few months. (More like no acceleration and longer waiting times). Mid - Late 2019 applicants are now getting test invites. So it is going to take a while for a sizable number of 2020 applicants to get their test and oath invites.

Reactions: visitingprof

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
1. Citizenship test and Oath ceremonies are conducted online. For some applicants, virtual interview is conducted after the test.
2. Yes, this is the procedure used currently because of the pandemic.
3. It works the same way as it did before, the same process but now certain things are being done online.
4. About the 'acceleration' part - no, I don't think so, not at least for the next few months. (More like no acceleration and longer waiting times). Mid - Late 2019 applicants are now getting test invites. So it is going to take a while for a sizable number of 2020 applicants to get their test and oath invites.

Thank you very much.
Your answer definitely contributes to better understanding the subject matter. Best regards and good luck.

Krekls

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Nomination.....
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Phys presence - Completed
App type: Family (4)
App sent: September 6th, 2020
App Received: September 14th, 2020
AOR: January 26th, 2021

I am new here for the Citizenship part :) and cant figure out the tracker nor I can locate it.