+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I had applied in Sept 2020. Got AOR on Dec 9th. Fingerprint on june 26 and BG complete on July 26. Got my test invite yesterday to be taken between Sept. 10 to Sept. 30.

Quick question - after passing the test what are the next steps? Is it getting the ceremony done and then the passport? How much time lag is there usually after the test to get those steps sorted out?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I had applied in Sept 2020. Got AOR on Dec 9th. Fingerprint on june 26 and BG complete on July 26. Got my test invite yesterday to be taken between Sept. 10 to Sept. 30.

Quick question - after passing the test what are the next steps? Is it getting the ceremony done and then the passport? How much time lag is there usually after the test to get those steps sorted out?
Congrats on getting the test invite! Oath is usually 3-5 months after test. But you may get PP res quest and/or interview request which essentially adds another 1-2 months into the overall process. Hence, I’d expect Oath first quarter of next year .
Good luck!

Reactions: canv_1234

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Congrats on getting the test invite! Oath is usually 3-5 months after test. But you may get PP res quest and/or interview request which essentially adds another 1-2 months into the overall process. Hence, I’d expect Oath first quarter of next year .
Good luck!
Thank you for that

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date

The next step after passing the test would likely be a Passport pages request. Some people also receive an interview at this point but the number of interview requests have gone down significantly. After that, you'll have to wait until "Decision Made" status. After that, there's another waiting period before you are scheduled for oath. Expect it'll take at least 3 to 5 months to receive an oath date once the test results are validated.

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
I applied for mine on June 30th. more than 2 months now.
Have patience. I applied from Edmonton in Sep 2020. BG check completed on March 15, 2021. After that no movement. It's been an year. I think Edmonton and Calgary offices are the worst. Literally sitting on files.

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
Hey Friends-

I was hoping someone who has been tracking progress data can offer some insight -- I completed my test on June 10th, got an FP request July 5th which was received July 26th with my background updated to "completed" on July 27th.

No changes to anything in the interim - Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions all still "in Progress" since early/mid June. I see a lot of people making progress, moving at least 1 (if not all 3) of these status points to "completed" within weeks of their test and background being completed so I'm a little worried that there has been no change at all.

Anyone provide any insight? Am I just being paranoid and my case is actually fairly typical timing?

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hey Friends-

I was hoping someone who has been tracking progress data can offer some insight -- I completed my test on June 10th, got an FP request July 5th which was received July 26th with my background updated to "completed" on July 27th.

No changes to anything in the interim - Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions all still "in Progress" since early/mid June. I see a lot of people making progress, moving at least 1 (if not all 3) of these status points to "completed" within weeks of their test and background being completed so I'm a little worried that there has been no change at all.

Anyone provide any insight? Am I just being paranoid and my case is actually fairly typical timing?
You are not alone, dont worry. same here. Test completed in Jul and bg check completed in early aug and the rest are still in progress!

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Hello friends.
My background verification status has been updated to "completed" on 7 September.
I just wanted to update you all.
Greetings.

By the way, I would be very grateful if someone could summarize the process after this step (if you would share your own experience like how long did it take in your case to get invited to the test after the background check was completed, etc.). Thanks in advance.

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date

The next step after passing the test would likely be a Passport pages request. Some people also receive an interview at this point but the number of interview requests have gone down significantly. After that, you'll have to wait until "Decision Made" status. After that, there's another waiting period before you are scheduled for oath. Expect it'll take at least 3 to 5 months to receive an oath date once the test results are validated.
Hello,
Thank you for your response

Below is my profile
App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants); Single
Physical Presence Days: 1125
App Sent: Sept 1. 2020
App Delivered: Sept 2. 2020
AOR: Dec 3. 2020
In-Progress: Prohibition, Language, Physical Presence, Ceremony
Test Email: Sept. 8 2021
Fingerprints: Jun. 26, 2021
BG Complete: Jul. 26, 2021

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I noticed that some people talk about security & criminality. Can somebody clarify what "Background Verification Completed" means? Does it mean security or criminality completed? Or both? Any help?

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Have patience. I applied from Edmonton in Sep 2020. BG check completed on March 15, 2021. After that no movement. It's been an year. I think Edmonton and Calgary offices are the worst. Literally sitting on files.
I mean the GCMS notes. I applied for these on June 30th :D

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Looks like government has shut down IRCC.
No sign of life since 29th June (decision made).