+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CBSA sent me a letter for extension as usual will take 60 days. And Nothing yet from CSIS. Will receive GCMS soon and ordered another one. I will order every month till they get fed up and return my application.
So, CBSA is also seeking extensions now, huh? That's sad to hear.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
It's a dream come true cause you don't have to wait for your oath to get scheduled separately.

Btw... How many days from Test Pass to Test Complete status change is taking these days ?
It depends on the officer , the office and your case file and in some cases if the officer likes your face or not. Now for me everything was quick till i had the interview with the officer and now it has been 23 months and nothing. Officer did not like my face, she said my face reminded her of Captain Jack sparrow .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
CBSA sent me a letter for extension as usual will take 60 days. And Nothing yet from CSIS. Will receive GCMS soon and ordered another one. I will order every month till they get fed up and return my application.
So gcms can be ordered before even we receive the one thats currently pending?

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
I thought getting DM will bring me closer but looks like it is another several month wait for Oath. I get it that they maybe backlogged at the Oath stage but why can't they put people in virtual Oath queues so we know when we would be taking it? The ceremony could be in September/October e.t.c but atleast put us in the queue with a scheduled ceremony!

Not sure how this whole process is working. Was reading on another thread that there maybe a certificate printing backlog as well. Why are they so incompetent at every stage!

• Haha
Reactions: Das67 and rafzy

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I thought getting DM will bring me closer but looks like it is another several month wait for Oath. I get it that they maybe backlogged at the Oath stage but why can't they put people in virtual Oath queues so we know when we would be taking it? The ceremony could be in September/October e.t.c but atleast put us in the queue with a scheduled ceremony!

Not sure how this whole process is working. Was reading on another thread that there maybe a certificate printing backlog as well. Why are they so incompetent at every stage!
IRCC IN the year 2236

Due to COVID-19, we’re experiencing processing delays. We’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions.

Last edited:

Progressive

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Btw, folks, how do you check dependents' application status in the new tracker? I mean it asks for my son's application number but I don't have it.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
How long do they take to send GCMS notes ?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Btw, folks, how do you check dependents' application status in the new tracker? I mean it asks for my son's application number but I don't have it.
If you haven't received the AOR for your dependent, then call IRCC and ask for it. Once you have the number then follow the same process to register for the AOR. That's what I did for my dependent before I got the AOR email from IRCC.

As @rajkamalmohanram said, each applicant will have their own number.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I wouldn't recommend that. If your BG checks are still in progress, it is probably because your application is stuck in criminality. Applying online won't help if your application is stuck in criminality. They will have to get the clearance from RCMP (and security clearance from CSIS) before they can set the BG checks to "Completed".

I'm sorry that your application is taking too long, I hope you see some updates soon.

Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on with your application? If you haven't and plan to order notes, order it from CBSA rather than IRCC. Apparently, notes from CBSA is less redacted when compared with its IRCC counterpart.

When submitting the ATIP request, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. You can word it something like this => "Please provide GCMS notes, electronic notes of the officers, status updates and anything else related to my Citizenship grant application bearing application number CXXXXXXXX"
Yes my application is still stuck with RCMP criminality check. I have ordered ATIP from RCMP and CBSA. as well. I received IRCC GCMS notes last month which didn't really help me in understanding why would my application be stuck for so long with Criminality. As I mentioned earlier that I hold a high level security clearance pass where past 10 years of employment and address history was declared. Usually RCMP takes 3 months to process the Clearance but mine just took 15 days not sure why they are taking so long for issuing clearance with citizenship application. My application has been in registry since Feb 2020.