Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Me too. Just got the email. Though others have been getting it from a few days ago.

Looks like they are sending out this email in batches too.
Same here. Did anyone from Sep 2020 got FP request?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My heart raced thinking this was a test invite. So underwhelmed after opening the email LOL
I know that feeling. I got the same email a few days back. But generally, you won't receive a test email without an update on the dashboard. The email comes DAYS later after the dashboard is updated with the test invitation details.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
just got this email from CIC

im guessing it's a generic email that everyone is getting?

--------------------------------------
Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker
Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on December 8, 2020 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our new Citizenship Application Tracker. The Tracker replaces the Electronic Client Application Status (eCAS) tool for citizenship grant applications.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
If you provided your representative’s email address in your application, they’ll check your status for you.

We look forward to welcoming you as a Canadian citizen.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

--------------------------------------

they did mention my aor date though
I also got similar email from IRCC. So it is just informational or any updates we are going to see :)

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Just got an email today and was moderately excited. Subject was "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker"

alas, it was just a link to the new system. Still no update, March 9 Background check complete, last updated April 23.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rafaellima

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-09-2016
@dbentley1313 @rafaellima => Please provide the dates when you guys wrote your test. Thanks.
I took the test Yesterday, June 17th. Passed, with 19/20. Test was much easier than I thought it would be. haha

My wife also received her invitation to take the test on June 7th. She hasn't take the test yet. I'll update here once she's done.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I took the test Yesterday, June 17th. Passed, with 19/20. Test was much easier than I thought it would be. haha

My wife also received her invitation to take the test on June 7th. She hasn't take the test yet. I'll update here once she's done.
Thank you! I've updated the spreadsheet! Please be sure to post any further updates to your application. Thanks a lot!

girgir

Sep 16, 2020
How tough did you find the test and how much studying did you do? Some test anxiety here.
I wouldn't say it was easy peasy, but it wasn't too difficult to pass either. Read Discover Canada 2-3 times thoroughly, including the notes under the photos/illustrations on the sides of the pages, pay attention to names, dates and facts. Practice tests help a lot, so do as many as you can, from various sources! During the test, make sure you read and understand the full question as well as all the multiple-choice answers. If a question is too hard, move on to the next, don't dwell on it. When you're done with all the questions, you can revisit the items you've marked for review. And that's it! Hope this helps, best of luck! :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I wouldn't say it was easy peasy, but it wasn't too difficult to pass either. Read Discover Canada 2-3 times thoroughly, including the notes under the photos/illustrations on the sides of the pages, pay attention to names, dates and facts. Practice tests help a lot, so do as many as you can, from various sources! During the test, make sure you read and understand the full question as well as all the multiple-choice answers. If a question is too hard, move on to the next, don't dwell on it. When you're done with all the questions, you can revisit the items you've marked for review. And that's it! Hope this helps, best of luck! :)
I don't even have a test invite but I woke up last night to a nightmare => I failed the citizenship test answering only 4/20 questions correctly. I was almost sweating and it wasn't a pleasant experience :( .

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Me too. Just got the email. Though others have been getting it from a few days ago.

Looks like they are sending out this email in batches too.
me too i got the same email today but i already know about this tracker and checking already everyday