+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

I_Seeker

May 6, 2021
Have any FSW Inland applicants received their CoPR?

In addition yesterday late morning we submitted our Shedule A forms. Our status on the portal said “Action Required”, but when I submitted the forms and refreshed the page it reverted back to “submitted”.

I checked again in the evening (don’t know why) and saw it said “application updated”. I logged out and back in and the status went back to “submitted”.

Question: is it possible that the agent updated our profile and started the background check on the same day we submitted the Shedule A (ghost update) or is it just a system glitch following us uploading our documents?

Many thanks in advance.

VOBIEGBU

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
We are FSW Inland and have not received our CoPR yet. I believe they are starting our background now (last thing).

@legalfalcon:

Background Is the last thing required looking at the GCMS notes, it had not yet been started.

Yesterday we were asked to complete a Shedule A (5669).

1. Do you know what reasons they may have decided we needed this?
2. Does this mean it may be a comprehensive check?
3. If not, is the average wait time still 110 days to complete background checks?

Thanks in advance for the help
Please what exactly do you mean by background check as stated in your gcms notes? do you mean background verifications currently valid or in process as stated on webforms?

Reactions: I_Seeker

I_Seeker

May 6, 2021
Please what exactly do you mean by background check as stated in your gcms notes? do you mean background verifications currently valid or in process as stated on webforms?
Under the assessment section on Page 1 under Security it states “Not Started”.

My understanding is that the security check is the background check. Everything else (with exception to ‘Final’) has passed or is blank.

VOBIEGBU

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Under the assessment section on Page 1 under Security it states “Not Started”.

My understanding is that the security check is the background check. Everything else (with exception to ‘Final’) has passed or is blank.
OK good, I am yet to receive my last gcms, but two weeks ago my webform says background verifications currently valid,security it says not yet started, criminality valid.you have an idea what this means or anyone here kindly explain more to me ?

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hey fellow travelers and wise ones like @legalfalcon , I need your advice: I am awaiting a decision on my EE (CEC) application AOR-Sept 2020 (see details in signature below) however I am not confident I will get it because I claimed Arranged Employment but employer did not give properly worded letter. I have a second ITA from another EE profile (different email id) where I have NOT claimed AE and it will expire in 2 weeks. What are the risks of putting in a 2nd application for the same person while the first one is being processed? Will they freeze both applications or cancel the first one or reach out to me (and cause more delay)?

PS: Sorry for creating a second EE and getting a 2nd ITA but my first application was based on company's letter for Arranged Employment (different from simple job experience) and the HR created hell and gave a vaguely worded letter. I waited until April for a decision but none came so I took the unpleasant step of creating a 2nd EE without claiming Arranged Employment and got another ITA solely based on my work experience in Canada. This 2nd ITA has a higher probability since I don't need that darn letter for AE. I am running out of age and there is nothing I can do to increase my points, this is my LAST chance so I am desperate. Plz Plz help
@legalfalcon plz need some serious advice here.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hey fellow travelers and wise ones like @legalfalcon , I need your advice: I am awaiting a decision on my EE (CEC) application AOR-Sept 2020 (see details in signature below) however I am not confident I will get it because I claimed Arranged Employment but employer did not give properly worded letter. I have a second ITA from another EE profile (different email id) where I have NOT claimed AE and it will expire in 2 weeks. What are the risks of putting in a 2nd application for the same person while the first one is being processed? Will they freeze both applications or cancel the first one or reach out to me (and cause more delay)?

PS: Sorry for creating a second EE and getting a 2nd ITA but my first application was based on company's letter for Arranged Employment (different from simple job experience) and the HR created hell and gave a vaguely worded letter. I waited until April for a decision but none came so I took the unpleasant step of creating a 2nd EE without claiming Arranged Employment and got another ITA solely based on my work experience in Canada. This 2nd ITA has a higher probability since I don't need that darn letter for AE. I am running out of age and there is nothing I can do to increase my points, this is my LAST chance so I am desperate. Plz Plz help
Sorry for your case, but you knew you shouldnt have created a second profile. I was in a situation where I thought of withdrawing my profile. Let's see what other experienced.

Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?
No. You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.
Creating more than one profile will not give you a better chance at being invited or allow you to be invited under a different program.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: OnceMore

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
After your receive an ITA and submit your application, you no longer have a profile in the pool. So you can create a second profile and wait for another ITA.
Thanks @legalfalcon , My original question was whether I can submit that second application (I did get the 2nd ITA) while the first application is being processed.
I am not a big fan of multiple applications but I am NOT confident of my first one because my company gave me a poorly worded letter for Arranged Employment. If the first application gets rejected then I will happily submit my 2nd application (which does not need AE letter) but unfortunately the delays caused by Covid is preventing me from knowing what's going on with my 1st application and now I am very close to the deadline to apply for my 2nd application (the one without AE).

Here is my original question with more details: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-aor-join-here.700416/post-9520673

Tagging @harsimrannsingh in case the answer is relevant to him/her

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon , My original question was whether I can submit that second application (I did get the 2nd ITA) while the first application is being processed.
I am not a big fan of multiple applications but I am NOT confident of my first one because my company gave me a poorly worded letter for Arranged Employment. If the first application gets rejected then I will happily submit my 2nd application (which does not need AE letter) but unfortunately the delays caused by Covid is preventing me from knowing what's going on with my 1st application and now I am very close to the deadline to apply for my 2nd application (the one without AE).

Here is my original question with more details: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-aor-join-here.700416/post-9520673

Tagging @harsimrannsingh in case the answer is relevant to him/her
Once your application is submitted post ITA, you no longer have a profile in the pool.

So you can create another profile, and submit a new application.

Reactions: OnceMore

Abrar110

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
@legalfalcon Sir, my medicals expired on June-29, and then I saw a ghost update as "you don't need a medical exam, we will send you message if this changes"; in my last notes 2 months back my Eligibility was passed, info sharing and criminality was in progress, and security not started.

To get the latest status of my application, how long do I wait to order another notes? Or shall I inquire through a webform?

Pls throw some light, many thanks!!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Sir, my medicals expired on June-29, and then I saw a ghost update as "you don't need a medical exam, we will send you message if this changes"; in my last notes 2 months back my Eligibility was passed, info sharing and criminality was in progress, and security not started.

To get the latest status of my application, how long do I wait to order another notes? Or shall I inquire through a webform?

Pls throw some light, many thanks!!!
If you eligibility is passed, the notes won't help you much. Instead send a webform and ask.

Also, if your medical status has changed then most likely your medicals are bing extended.