Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2282, 2281
Doc's Request.
22-10-2020
AOR Received.
04-09-2020
Was able to speak to an agent this morning.

AOR Sept 05
CEC - Inland
VO: Ottawa CPC
Security & Criminality is in progress, she said it will update to completed in my profile once it is done.
I also talked with an agent today,

Eligibility, Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
VO: CPC Ottawa

It seems long way to go!!

Reactions: janaan

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Was able to speak to an agent this morning.

AOR Sept 05
CEC - Inland
VO: Ottawa CPC
Security & Criminality is in progress, she said it will update to completed in my profile once it is done.
Eligibility is passed? If security is passed then Eligibility might have cleared

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
I have been stuck at IP1 since October as well, I also got an ADR for RPRF 21st October. AOR is September 7th
I have ordered GCMS because I have to check if there's a problem with one of my Reference Letters. I will get to know the status of all my stuff when I receive them.

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Called IRCC too..
we have same timeline
CEC-Inland
Aor- Sept 5th

And yeah, Security and eligibility is on progress too as per the Agent.. I haven't paid my RPRF so hopefully it's a sign of passing the eligibilty once they request for it.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Reactions: Kerikeri

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
On MyCIC it will not show as "passed". If the status changes from "in progress" to "not applicable" then most likely criminality has passed. On the other hand in GCMS it will say passed see these example https://gcmsnotes.com/web-stories/sample-gcms/
Hi @caipsnotes

Thanks for the info. I understand that Eligibility has two different statuses - Met/Recommended Pass (by case assistant) and Passed (final by officer). But what does it mean when Eligibility is Met/Passed but the 'Info Sharing' is still in progress? Should it not be complete for IRCC to pass the eligibility?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@ns317 how did you called IRCC? I want to do it too please guide.
These are CBSA Toronto Pearson International Airport numbers that will transfer the call to the IRCC call center

Terminal 1: (905) 676-3640 Terminal 3: (905) 612-5416

• transfer to CIC processing application press 2
  • status or processing times press 1
  • become permanent resident press 2
  • application starts with E press 2
  • then enter application number followed by #
  • listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm
  • enter the year of birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm
  • hear the details
  • then press 1 to check status (there will be a pause)
  • hear detailed status at the end press 0 to speak to agent

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes

Thanks for the info. I understand that Eligibility has two different statuses - Met/Recommended Pass (by case assistant) and Passed (final by officer). But what does it mean when Eligibility is Met/Passed but the 'Info Sharing' is still in progress? Should it not be complete for IRCC to pass the eligibility?
Hi. You are correct that Eligibility review happens in 2 steps however Info Sharing is a separate stage all together and these steps are not sequential. Eligibility review is to determine whether the applicant meets the eligibility requirement as per Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The purpose of Info Sharing is to combat international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Called IRCC too..
we have same timeline
CEC-Inland
Aor- Sept 5th

And yeah, Security and eligibility is on progress too as per the Agent.. I haven't paid my RPRF so hopefully it's a sign of passing the eligibilty once they request for it.
It's recommended to pay the RPRF fee upfront to help reduce delays during processing; it's also a refundable fee. Since you are inland you can request your Gcms Notes for free to check the status

Reactions: Kerikeri and sibhi8

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi. You are correct that Eligibility review happens in 2 steps however Info Sharing is a separate stage all together and these steps are not sequential. Eligibility review is to determine whether the applicant meets the eligibility requirement as per Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The purpose of Info Sharing is to combat international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.
I understand now, thanks a lot. I assumed 'Info Sharing' involved contacting the Bank (Proof of Funds) and Employers (Reference Letters) and hence the confusion.