+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
I have applied for my GCMS set on Feb 11, 2021 and got a reply on Mar 10, 2021 that IRCC not yet transmitted my GCMS SET and the deadline of my GCMS SET is June 11, 2021.

Now my questions are:

1- Will I get my GCMS before June 11, 2021?
2- DO I need to apply for another GCMS if I didn't get it ?
3- Is there anybody here who have experienced the same?
@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have applied for my GCMS set on Feb 11, 2021 and got a reply on Mar 10, 2021 that IRCC not yet transmitted my GCMS SET and the deadline of my GCMS SET is June 11, 2021.

Now my questions are:

1- Will I get my GCMS before June 11, 2021?
2- DO I need to apply for another GCMS if I didn't get it ?
3- Is there anybody here who have experienced the same?
@legalfalcon
1. You will get the GCMS notes. After a request is submitted, the GCMS notes have to be released. In the most recent OIC report tabled before the Parliament, all extensions sought by IRCC have been held contrary to the law, and thus invalid. See https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo

Most requests that were delayed and had extension have already begun to be released, with priority to TRVs as they have less number of pages.

Reactions: Majid Nawaz

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
1. You will get the GCMS notes. After a request is submitted, the GCMS notes have to be released. In the most recent OIC report tabled before the Parliament, all extensions sought by IRCC have been held contrary to the law, and thus invalid. See https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo

Most requests that were delayed and had extension have already begun to be released, with priority to TRVs as they have less number of pages.
thank you @legalfalcon you are the best

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
@legalfalcon Sir can you please help on below

I am a CEC inland applicant and have received the CoPR letter as I am currently outside of Canada I have sent an email 1 week back to the email address mentioned in the CoPR letter(also in CoPR they have mentioned do not attempt to travel to Canada). I am still waiting for their reply.

1. Should I follow up and send an email again to them OR do you know about when they provide a response to such emails?
2. As I currently hold a work permit and visa which I think becomes invalid after CoPR. will they allow me to travel to Canada using it?
3. Do you know what is the typical response provided by them for CEC people who are temporarily outside Canada and received a CoPR letter?
4. As I am still working with the same work permit and visa. Is I am ineligible to work now? as it has become invalid due to CoPR and I am outside of Canada

Thanks in advance

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
@legalfalcon My US visa expires in 8 months with the rate things are going I am not expecting anything in that time line will changing my country of residence delay my application again.Do I have to go through all the steps once again?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My US visa expires in 8 months with the rate things are going I am not expecting anything in that time line will changing my country of residence delay my application again.Do I have to go through all the steps once again?
Not sure what US visa has to do with your Canadian PR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Sir can you please help on below

I am a CEC inland applicant and have received the CoPR letter as I am currently outside of Canada I have sent an email 1 week back to the email address mentioned in the CoPR letter(also in CoPR they have mentioned do not attempt to travel to Canada). I am still waiting for their reply.

1. Should I follow up and send an email again to them OR do you know about when they provide a response to such emails?
2. As I currently hold a work permit and visa which I think becomes invalid after CoPR. will they allow me to travel to Canada using it?
3. Do you know what is the typical response provided by them for CEC people who are temporarily outside Canada and received a CoPR letter?
4. As I am still working with the same work permit and visa. Is I am ineligible to work now? as it has become invalid due to CoPR and I am outside of Canada

Thanks in advance
Did you inform them that you are not in Canada? If so then you will have to wait until you are back in Canada before the COPR can be issued.

1. You can sure send an email, but wait for 1-3 weeks.

2. You haven't been issued a COPR yet. To receive the COPR you have to be physically in Canada.

3. Inform IRCC when you are back in Canada.

4. See 2.

Reactions: NeedInfoFromHere

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
Did you inform them that you are not in Canada? If so then you will have to wait until you are back in Canada before the COPR can be issued.

1. You can sure send an email, but wait for 1-3 weeks.

2. You haven't been issued a COPR yet. To receive the COPR you have to be physically in Canada.

3. Inform IRCC when you are back in Canada.

4. See 2.
@legalfalcon Thanks for your response

I have already received the CoPR letter while I am outside of Canada
Yes I have informed IRCC that I am outside of Canada by sending an email to the email address mentioned in the CoPR letter

So should I wait for their response to my email where I don't know when they will respond and how long I have to wait?
OR
come to Canada(as I am an essential worker) using my current work permit and visa?

harsha0199

Aug 31, 2017
Dear Harsha, I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: 11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation. Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated: Arranged Employment: for which you claimed 50 points After examination of your application and the documentation that you submitted, I note that the job offer letter from your current employer XXXXX LTD does not indicate a continuous full-time job offer for a total duration of at least one year to once permanent residence granted. This is necessary to meet the qualifying offer of arranged employment requirements set out in section 29 (2) (b) of the Ministerial Instructions. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have a qualifying offer of arranged employment as described in the Ministerial Instructions. This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application. You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid. The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted. You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any. If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Last edited:

harsha0199

Aug 31, 2017
Dear Harsha, I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: 11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation. Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated: Arranged Employment: for which you claimed 50 points After examination of your application and the documentation that you submitted, I note that the job offer letter from your current employer XXXXX LTD does not indicate a continuous full-time job offer for a total duration of at least one year to once permanent residence granted. This is necessary to meet the qualifying offer of arranged employment requirements set out in section 29 (2) (b) of the Ministerial Instructions. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have a qualifying offer of arranged employment as described in the Ministerial Instructions. This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application. You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid. The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted. You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any. If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
what to do now?
My employer is ready to provide updated offer letter

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Not sure what US visa has to do with your Canadian PR?
@legalfalcon ,thank you for the response
Some people say that once you change the country of residence then they will redo the process.
MY US visa expires after 8 months that means my local visa office will change and won't it delay the process, usually I have seen forum members saying if your file is in NDVo it will take a long time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for your response

I have already received the CoPR letter while I am outside of Canada
Yes I have informed IRCC that I am outside of Canada by sending an email to the email address mentioned in the CoPR letter

So should I wait for their response to my email where I don't know when they will respond and how long I have to wait?
OR
come to Canada(as I am an essential worker) using my current work permit and visa?

See #351

Reactions: NeedInfoFromHere

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,thank you for the response
Some people say that once you change the country of residence then they will redo the process.
MY US visa expires after 8 months that means my local visa office will change and won't it delay the process, usually I have seen forum members saying if your file is in NDVo it will take a long time.

When you change your country of residence only the via office responsible for issuing your the COPR changes, which will be in the could you residence, and responsible for getting your passport, issuing your PR visa and COPR.

It has no impact on the processing of your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
what to do now?
My employer is ready to provide updated offer letter
You hav two options since the decision communicated in the letter constitutes a definitive and final decision on your present application.:

1. Request for reconsideration: Write a detailed note explaining what the decision reached is incorrect, and include any supporting documents. This is discretionary and will depend on the officer. Given that you did not submit a letter with your application, there is nothing wrong in the decision. However, you can still give it a try.

2. Create a new profile and enter the pool, and wait for an ITA.

Reactions: mapple007

bhavya272727

Feb 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline from AOR to PR Card :-

Category
: CEC Inland
AOR: 25th-September-2020.
Visa Office: Ottawa.
Visa Office 2nd: Sydney.
Ghost Updates: Never received any ghost updates till now apart from 1 biometrics update which was in October 2020.
Portal Confirmation Email: 05-May-2021 received an email from ircc Etobicoke office to send details for “PR conformation portal”. Have replied them with details, Same day 05-05-2021 received an email from Etobicoke office with login & password for “PR conformation portal” and applied for eCOPR.
eCOPR: 07- May- 2021 received eCOPR on “PR conformation portal”.
PR Card: 04-06-2021 today after 28 days of eCOPR I have received my PR Card in mail from Sydney case processing center.

P.S - “PR conformation portal” still shows my case is in process.

Thanks to everyone on this board for helping me out with all the updates and information, that was really helpful during this entire PR process. Now see you all at the time of Citizenship :).

Best of luck to everyone!