+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
You are right ; in USA appointments are available only after 14 days. Do we need to pay any additional charges for Biometric Appointment ? Also Does this delays (of 2 weeks ) the overall progress of the application or these are simultaneous activities.
If you had paid the Biometrics fees with your Application Processing Fee during the submission of your application, you don't have to pay anything additional at the time of giving your biometrics. And as for the delay, it doesn't matter because in the Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL), they specify that you have to finish it in 90 days. So I presume, the allowance for Biometrics has already been made. It usually doesn't take more than 20 days though.

Reactions: Holy Cow

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
^Yeah, I received it yesterday as well. So for FSW candidates, they've reached till Sep 17 AOR.

My progression:
ITA: Sep 16
AOR: Sep 17
MEP & BIL: Oct 21
Booked biometric appointment at local VAC for tomorrow.

sajo24

Aug 26, 2019
My Aor was Sep 17. FSW O. No update yet glad to hear that someone with same Aor has got MEP yesterday.

princebabu

Aug 20, 2020
Hi Friends,

AOR : 2nd Sep 2020
ME : 21 Oct 2020

on Oct 22nd got an email that they are refunding $170 which I paid for Biometric. I observed that the Background check status showing as "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Does this means my application is in IP2 stage? Can some one clarify?

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
You are right ; in USA appointments are available only after 14 days. Do we need to pay any additional charges for Biometric Appointment ? Also Does this delays (of 2 weeks ) the overall progress of the application or these are simultaneous activities.
I paid the biometrics fee at the time of submitting EE application. There is no separate fee at ASC. IRCC gives all applicants 30-60 days to submit biometrics. From what I have read on this forum, application processing does not stop without biometrics submission during this time between receiving BIL and submitting the biometrics.

Reactions: Holy Cow

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hi Friends,

AOR : 2nd Sep 2020
ME : 21 Oct 2020

on Oct 22nd got an email that they are refunding $170 which I paid for Biometric. I observed that the Background check status showing as "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Does this means my application is in IP2 stage? Can some one clarify?
I got the same message and I got my $170 back as well in my bank account.