+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
I just got my gcms notes which was ordered on jan11th. I am disheartened to see that my eligibility has not started yet. My aor is Sep 2 ,2020 and i am a Cec outlander who got stuck in India for a while. Does anybody else in Sept first week aor with eligibility status not started?
Please check the footer of the GCMS notes. It will have the date/time when this notes were captured. It may not be the current status

SameerNazeer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Please check the footer of the GCMS notes. It will have the date/time when this notes were captured. It may not be the current status
The notes were generated on jan 14. So it was a month back but still its too long for eligibility to be cleared. Anyway all we can do is wait and hope for the best. Also is it true that they are currently working on Sept applications?

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
The notes were generated on jan 14. So it was a month back but still its too long for eligibility to be cleared. Anyway all we can do is wait and hope for the best. Also is it true that they are currently working on Sept applications?
Per some of recent posts, they have opened applications upto Sept 14 for eligibility evaluations.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I just got my gcms notes which was ordered on jan11th. I am disheartened to see that my eligibility has not started yet. My aor is Sep 2 ,2020 and i am a Cec outlander who got stuck in India for a while. Does anybody else in Sept first week aor with eligibility status not started?
One more thing please, did your order with ircc or csba? They were printed a few days after your request. Looks like with csba, gcsm notes are printed when they are ready to be sent. Could you specify please? Thanks.

JayH

Jul 22, 2020
Called the agent at 2pm,
All the information same as Jan 10 that I ask.

Eligibility - passed.
Criminality - passed
Security - still not start yet.... Don't know when will start to process and takes how long....

Aor - September 8
Med passed - Oct 26
Biometric - Nov 27

khalimanda

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Called the agent at 2pm,
All the information same as Jan 10 that I ask.

Eligibility - passed.
Criminality - passed
Security - still not start yet.... Don't know when will start to process and takes how long....

Aor - September 8
Med passed - Oct 26
Biometric - Nov 27
Which country ae you from?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I have requested for gcms but nowadays the wait for that seems to be another journey in itself. How many days dis it take for you?
It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer. See below

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu Same process and cost to obtain GCMS from CBSA

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
@caipsnotes Is it true that CBSA gcms notes are generated on or close to the date of delivery and hence will have more recent information when compared to IRCC gcms (which will be generated on the day the request is received)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes Is it true that CBSA gcms notes are generated on or close to the date of delivery and hence will have more recent information when compared to IRCC gcms (which will be generated on the day the request is received)
IRCC's process for Gcms Notes is quite regimented and the notes are generated early in the process (in the first few days to a week or so). CBSA's team on the other hand tends to generate the notes closer to when the CBSA analyst is ready to review them and take the next steps with it. So relatively speaking yes they can be more recent and in fact we do see that in many cases they indeed are.

Reactions: stefi2020

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
UPDATE!!! I received the following request as a pdf letter in MyCIC account/IRCC account:

"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
<my son (less than 10 yrs old, US citizen)> Passport/Travel Document: The passport that you have provided is expiring soon or is already expired. We require a passport with a validity of greater than six (6) months in order to assess your application. Please renew your passport, and provide a scanned copy of your new passport.
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
"

Question:
  1. Anyone else in the same boat? I have applied but the US embassy in Ottawa (anywhere in Canada) requires an in-person appointment and says it will take 6 weeks minimum after appointment and to get an appointment it will take 2-5 weeks. There is no way I can get my son's new passport in 30 days or even 90 days (even if I get the Covid extension).
  2. @legalfalcon Does this request give any indication at what processing stage am I in? Will they pause my application processing until I send my son's renewed passport or until the deadline of 30/90 days?
  3. If my Canadian PR goes through then does my (minor) son also get a Canadian PR? (PS: he is a US Citizen, by birth) Is that why they need the updated passport?
My plan:
  1. Send a webform request informing them that I will not be able to get my son's new passport in 30 days and provide the shipping label with confirmation that my son's passport application has reached the embassy (I don't have an appointment date yet)
  2. Wait for a response and upload whatever they ask to my MyCIC account
@legalfalcon Please help.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
UPDATE!!! I received the following request as a pdf letter in MyCIC account/IRCC account:

"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
<my son (less than 10 yrs old, US citizen)> Passport/Travel Document: The passport that you have provided is expiring soon or is already expired. We require a passport with a validity of greater than six (6) months in order to assess your application. Please renew your passport, and provide a scanned copy of your new passport.
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
"

Question:
  1. Anyone else in the same boat? I have applied but the US embassy in Ottawa (anywhere in Canada) requires an in-person appointment and says it will take 6 weeks minimum after appointment and to get an appointment it will take 2-5 weeks. There is no way I can get my son's new passport in 30 days or even 90 days (even if I get the Covid extension).
  2. @legalfalcon Does this request give any indication at what processing stage am I in? Will they pause my application processing until I send my son's renewed passport or until the deadline of 30/90 days?
  3. If my Canadian PR goes through then does my (minor) son also get a Canadian PR? (PS: he is a US Citizen, by birth) Is that why they need the updated passport?
My plan:
  1. Send a webform request informing them that I will not be able to get my son's new passport in 30 days and provide the shipping label with confirmation that my son's passport application has reached the embassy (I don't have an appointment date yet)
  2. Wait for a response and upload whatever they ask to my MyCIC account
@legalfalcon Please help.
Update- Sorry, just checked your signature. Its good to know that they started Sep 17th and mine is sep 19th which is very close.

Last edited: