Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I’m so confused honestly because my lawyer said need to wait until August how could I know if I should get AIP first?
I find this very strange as people who applied in august 2019 have received AIPs or approvals. Not sure why your lawyer would want to wait for OWP till august if you applied in sept 2019 that would be 11 months. There is something the lawyer is not telling you, and my guess is that you were found not to be eligible for OWP until you get AIP. AIP is normally towards the end of the PR process. Any to know exactly, order your notes for PR and OWP. What is the status of your application on ecas?

hayleymg

Jul 7, 2020
Hi Everyone, I'm just wondering where everyone viewed the date of when their background check started? Mine just says medical passed feb 4th and nothing else....
I haven't received a letter to give biometrics either so I think my application is a bit behind all the other September applicants... My application was received on September 25th and hearing that service Canada is starting to reopen is giving me hope that I'll get a letter soon.
But I'm just worried that with my passport expiring early next year, covid delays, and not knowing if a background check has started or not, if I will get it before my passport and extended OWP expires....

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hello guys, I haven't received my open work permit yet, I applied Inland OWP+PR last update was February 24th work permit application transferred to local office etobicoke,January 5th I passed my medical test already I’m from the Sep last year

Is anyone on the same boat as me?
I'm an October 2019 Inland applicant (PR & OWP) and have not received my OWP either. After 5 months of waiting I contacted IRCC via webform to inquire on its status. They said I was not eligible, even though I was. At the advice of other forum members, I wrote to my MP to inquire "why" I wasn't eligible. After many emails and webforms to my MP and IRCC, they (IRCC) never gave me a straight answer. They kept saying that they were processing it, were prioritizing the most urgent IRCC cases, and basically told my MP not to request information unless it was extremely urgent. It is very frustrating and at this point I'm assuming that I will not be receiving a work permit, or that my PR will be approved first.

• Sad
Reactions: TriniKRN

ranideep

Nov 22, 2019
hi guys hope you doing great
just wondering I am the only one who still not get the biometrics request yet ?
medical done in jan 2019
and I am not sure where you checking passes or not or about backround check?
did you guys connect with the online account ?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
hi guys hope you doing great
just wondering I am the only one who still not get the biometrics request yet ?
medical done in jan 2019
and I am not sure where you checking passes or not or about backround check?
did you guys connect with the online account ?
You are in the September forum, if your application was received before December then you should not be getting requests for biometrics

ranideep

Nov 22, 2019
You are in the September forum, if your application was received before December then you should not be getting requests for biometrics
thankyou for your response
yes I am sep forum, Thankyou for clearing my doubt I didnot know that september will not getting biometrics.
so after december 2019 people getting biometrics only ?

hayleymg

Jul 7, 2020
thankyou for your response
yes I am sep forum, Thankyou for clearing my doubt I didnot know that september will not getting biometrics.
so after december 2019 people getting biometrics only ?
I thought it was if you applied after December 2016 then you get biometric requests? I've been waiting on biometrics assuming that I will need them done based on the IRCC website. So has no one who applied in September needed to do biometrics? Also, where do you check to see if your background check has started?

ranideep

Nov 22, 2019
I thought it was if you applied after December 2016 then you get biometric requests? I've been waiting on biometrics assuming that I will need them done based on the IRCC website. So has no one who applied in September needed to do biometrics? Also, where do you check to see if your background check has started?
hey I had the same question but other person told september candidate not need biometrics if you submit before dec and i also dont know where to check about backround check

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Between the Facebook forum and the spreadsheet I've seen two August 30th applicants get progress today. Things are moving. Really looking out for the early September folks. Chin up folks. We're getting close.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Between the Facebook forum and the spreadsheet I've seen two August 30th applicants get progress today. Things are moving. Really looking out for the early September folks. Chin up folks. We're getting close.
next two weeks ... maybe they will move to September applicants.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
My consultant told me that my passport has to have at least 6 months expiry date before one of the pr processing stage? I think it was before COPR?

From somewhere I heard having 100 days expiry date space is okay. What's your personal experience regarding this?