+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Just saw a ghost update 'Application/profile updated'. We're at the background check stage. Guess that means they're working on it. And so we wait. All the best everyone.
My background states Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Its been like this for ever. I have no idea what is going on.

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
My background states Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Its been like this for ever. I have no idea what is going on.
I think I saw posts where people called to find out at what stage in the background check they were in. But that was after the BC already started. I don't know if you can call in your case (nor do I recall where to call). I recommend you look into it. I've also seen posts about updates only showing up after you call.

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
Just saw a ghost update 'Application/profile updated'. We're at the background check stage. Guess that means they're working on it. And so we wait. All the best everyone.
I just saw exactly the same :) It means things are moving!

Reactions: TriniKRN

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Looks like August applicants started getting there landing interview invite. I think, September applicant can expect the same starting from first week of next month. All the best!!

Does anyone have idea on what would happen during landing interview? please share your thoughts.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Looks like August applicants started getting there landing interview invite. I think, September applicant can expect the same starting from first week of next month. All the best!!

Does anyone have idea on what would happen during landing interview? please share your thoughts.
Generally inland landing interviews are quite basic from what I can tell.

They'll ask when was your last entry into Canada, have you ever committed a crime in Canada, etc. A few basic questions unless they have other concerns (ie, if you were asked to bring additional proof of cohabitation, they might want to review that). Most people seem to report being at the office for an hour and a half ish, depending on how busy they are, with about 5-10 minutes for the interview itself.

Reactions: Manny777

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Generally inland landing interviews are quite basic from what I can tell.

They'll ask when was your last entry into Canada, have you ever committed a crime in Canada, etc. A few basic questions unless they have other concerns (ie, if you were asked to bring additional proof of cohabitation, they might want to review that). Most people seem to report being at the office for an hour and a half ish, depending on how busy they are, with about 5-10 minutes for the interview itself.
Thanks for the explanation.

Is Sponsor should also be available during the interview?

bubblysam

Jan 23, 2020
Vancity
I resorted to math to figure out the % of completion and number of months left on my application and it seems to be just an automated calculation based on the 12 month estimate processing time for spousal sponsorship and the time it has elapsed from the day they received your application to the day that marks the 12 months from the date of reception. Mine says 38% completed and 8 months left because mine was received on October 9 and it is calculating 12 months until October 9, 2020. Hope that makes sense

Mine says 6 months remaining and 46% completed as of today

Sadekabuessa

Feb 27, 2020
Hello All,
Please help Inland sponsorship+OWP
My application received on 19 September and i got my AOR on 8th November 5th January medical test I got updated a week after medical test has been received my application status still in process,but I’m wondering about people received open work permit before the medical test has been done!
In my case i got an E-mail said my open work permit transferred to Etobicko for process since 24th February and today is 4th of March no any update anybody have idea by any chance if it’s normal or should I contact them?

bubblysam

Jan 23, 2020
Vancity
Hi all,
I received RCMP request today and I immediately got it done. My application now shows from N/A to now in progress.
How long does it take after submitting RCMP results?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all,
I received RCMP request today and I immediately got it done. My application now shows from N/A to now in progress.
How long does it take after submitting RCMP results?
What was your timeline so far? can you share your steps as I have them on my signature please? :)