+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
thanks for the reply
Does it have to match exact with the original one including the gap, the one they already have?
Well, if the original one is incorrect in any way, I would correct it. If it's still the same, I would just add whatever was missing in the appropriate column and keep things the same. Since they just asked for an "updated" Schedule A, it would make sense that they just want the gap filled. If there are any other errors on the form, then correct it, and if you want to do like I did and make a letter, you could state that you've corrected the error in the letter.

Hope that helps!

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Well, if the original one is incorrect in any way, I would correct it. If it's still the same, I would just add whatever was missing in the appropriate column and keep things the same. Since they just asked for an "updated" Schedule A, it would make sense that they just want the gap filled. If there are any other errors on the form, then correct it, and if you want to do like I did and make a letter, you could state that you've corrected the error in the letter.

Hope that helps!
The surprising thing is if I fail to send an updated form, they would assess the application on the behalf of information they have. Question: The information that they have here is the original schedule A that I provided or the information they had already from which they’re crosschecking things from?.
I’ve heard some officers are pretty nosy and rude. They reject applications on minor details too. Just curious!

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
The surprising thing is if I fail to send an updated form, they would assess the application on the behalf of information they have. Question: The information that they have here is the original schedule A that I provided or the information they had already from which they’re crosschecking things from?.
I’ve heard some officers are pretty nosy and rude. They reject applications on minor details too. Just curious!
I'm not sure if anyone can answer that question. If you mentioned the gap in another part of the application, they may be aware of it and just want the fully updated form. The blurb about assessing your application with the information they have on hand isn't necessarily specific to your situation...I've seen that phrase many times.

Best to just be upfront about it being an error, correct it, and not worry too much.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hello guys, how y’all doing?
Just a query, this morning I got an email from cpc Mississauga office requesting me an updated schedule A form (Imm 5669) with no time gaps from the age 18 to present, or 10 years back. I know I’ve left a gap in there for 4-5 months, it could be because of that. I am kind of concerned as of why they requested it and is it a negative sign in the processing of my application. Please do reply guys.
Thank You
Did they send this email to the principle applicant or the sponsor? Do you see any update in the webpage as well?

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Did they send this email to the principle applicant or the sponsor? Do you see any update in the webpage as well?
It had been sent to principle applicant. I am currently making changes to it. I’ve got a period of month to submit it. Probably will submit it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hey there, I want to discuss my situation with you guys.
So I was on a student permit when I married my wife. But I went for the college for only one month & after that I was working from the time till I submitted the application in september 20. As I didn’t study which resulted of me being out of status, I had to put a temporary resident permit along with the spousal sponsorship application. Now, they’re asking for the schedule A Imm 5669 in which I mentioned that I have been studying up until now. I am gonna paste the direct info in the letter that was sent to me 2-3 days ago.

Schedule A: A separate, updated and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please ensure that the form has been completed with details of your personal and address history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is more recent, and does not contain any time gaps. Be sure to provide details in regards to your activities and addresses in Canada from the time of entry up to the present day. Missing information for the following time period 2014/01 to the present.

But as I am going to submit it, I noticed that from my 18th birthday, I missed 8 months of address and activity history which I can put when I was in India. I am going to definitely add that. Also, I will change the detail on it that I only studied for one month, instead of up until now. Also, I worked from the time I married which is a year back up until now. My question is- 1) is this gonna impact my application in any way?
I have researched that being “out of status” inadmissibility is waived as per spousal public policy. I have also talked with a lawyer, as per him, he said to put the true facts inside the form and submit it. Guys, I really want you to guide me on this.
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey there, I want to discuss my situation with you guys.
So I was on a student permit when I married my wife. But I went for the college for only one month & after that I was working from the time till I submitted the application in september 20. As I didn’t study which resulted of me being out of status, I had to put a temporary resident permit along with the spousal sponsorship application. Now, they’re asking for the schedule A Imm 5669 in which I mentioned that I have been studying up until now. I am gonna paste the direct info in the letter that was sent to me 2-3 days ago.

Schedule A: A separate, updated and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please ensure that the form has been completed with details of your personal and address history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is more recent, and does not contain any time gaps. Be sure to provide details in regards to your activities and addresses in Canada from the time of entry up to the present day. Missing information for the following time period 2014/01 to the present.

But as I am going to submit it, I noticed that from my 18th birthday, I missed 8 months of address and activity history which I can put when I was in India. I am going to definitely add that. Also, I will change the detail on it that I only studied for one month, instead of up until now. Also, I worked from the time I married which is a year back up until now. My question is- 1) is this gonna impact my application in any way?
I have researched that being “out of status” inadmissibility is waived as per spousal public policy. I have also talked with a lawyer, as per him, he said to put the true facts inside the form and submit it. Guys, I really want you to guide me on this.
thank you
you have no choice but to be honest. You should have never claimed that you had been studying up to know. Assume they already know you have not been studying and working illegally. As you are out of status you don’t qualify for OWP and should stop working illegally ASAP p. Yes you will face more scrutiny because you Entered on a student visa, got married and stop studying after a month while I assume working full-time without status all this time.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
you have no choice but to be honest. You should have never claimed that you had been studying up to know. Assume they already know you have not been studying and working illegally. As you are out of status you don’t qualify for OWP and should stop working illegally ASAP p. Yes you will face more scrutiny because you Entered on a student visa, got married and stop studying after a month while I assume working full-time without status all this time.
I should’ve never wrote that I’ve been studying up till now. But as I’ve gotten this Schedule A request, I can correct it with proper info. I never applied for owp as I’m out of status instead applied for temporary resident permit. My wife is working two jobs currently to support ourselves. I stopped working a month ago from when I put up the application on September 20, 2019. I had gone through a lot during the time we filed the application.
My wife is a Canadian citizen. She visited her home country (Philippines). While she was there, She was on home arrest there by her parents. I couldn’t do anything here myself. I had to earn up to pay for her flight to come here to sponsor me before my study permit gets expired. Finally, after a long wait of 6 months (feb2019-july2019) she came back and we applied. I had to work for the money to pay expenses of the new rental place and the flight. I had no way out. Anyways, I know they have my information, I have made a mistake by filling this particular wrong info about the college. I will correct it honestly. Question: are they going to refuse the application?

Thanks

Last edited:

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Guys, I have a problem validating Imm 5669
In personal history
It’s giving me an error in the very first year
2019/08-ongoing
2017/12-2018/01
2016/09-2019/08
2015/07-2015/10
2014/09-2017/12
2014/05-2014/08
2014/01-2014/05
The first year keeps giving me error while validating.. please help..

bubblysam

Jan 23, 2020
Vancity
Hi all
My spousal application was submitted in Mississauga CPC in mid Sept. I got my file no in Nov.
My husband who is currently a PR applied as a solo applicant. My medicals and background was already done due to that and so my online background check shows N/A.. but the processing time still shows 7 months.
Need opinion from senior members does it generally take this much time that shows online?

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
Evening folks, Seeking for advise as most of September applicants have completed their medicals. I have recently received AOR at the beginning of February, Awaiting for medical request which will probably be another 2 months at least. My wife is the primary applicant and is in Canada on a TRV. We recently found out that she is around 4-6 weeks pregnant. Now my question is can she complete all aspects of her medicals(specially X-ray) during pregnancy. If so is it safe to do this early in pregnancy? can we go to a registered Immigration medical clinic and get a medical done without a medical request. Seeking suggestions if anyone went through anything similar like this. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :)

PS - Called one of the clinics to ask some of these question and was advised to call back tomorrow morning after 9am.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi all
My spousal application was submitted in Mississauga CPC in mid Sept. I got my file no in Nov.
My husband who is currently a PR applied as a solo applicant. My medicals and background was already done due to that and so my online background check shows N/A.. but the processing time still shows 7 months.
Need opinion from senior members does it generally take this much time that shows online?
The processing time will always read for a full year but right now August applicants are starting to be approved in 6.5 months. If the trend continues we should be getting DM etc. in about 6-7 months of processing, not the full year.

Reactions: TriniKRN

bubblysam

Jan 23, 2020
Vancity
The processing time will always read for a full year but right now August applicants are starting to be approved in 6.5 months. If the trend continues we should be getting DM etc. in about 6-7 months of processing, not the full year.

Nice! That's some ray of light response .. Thank you! A few more concern questions here:

1) I still haven't received the request letter for biometrics? should I be expecting that anytime soon?
2) Do I need to provide PCC again?