Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
I didn't receive anything for my owp. I linked my owp in gckey and it linked and I have new application number for owp. Try to link yours in gckey.

1. temporary residence permit
2. work permit and extension
3. open work permit(initial)
4. applied permanent residence by common law/spouse inside Canada.

Something like that. I really cant remember how I did it.
Thanks, I’ve managed to link my OWP to my GCKEY now

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Application received 16th of September.
AOC: Today 5th of November. (Via email)
I am so relieved guys. Our application was already returned once.
Linked the Application now. OWP doesn't link yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharmgop

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Thanks, I’ve managed to link my OWP to my GCKEY now
Hi twgoundarmorton,

I see that you have entered a date in the spreadsheet for the column "PA's ECAS says In Process (YYYY-MM-DD)", that is a day earlier than your AOR. Where do you get that status date? In my online account the Current Status reads as "Submitted". Is it that I am to await this "In Process" status?

Thanks.

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
Hi twgoundarmorton,

I see that you have entered a date in the spreadsheet for the column "PA's ECAS says In Process (YYYY-MM-DD)", that is a day earlier than your AOR. Where do you get that status date? In my online account the Current Status reads as "Submitted". Is it that I am to await this "In Process" status?

Thanks.
We were able to see the application in ECAS as being in process the day before we received the AOR, we hadn’t been able to find it before then.

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
Oh ok. So does it go from "In Process" to "Submitted" or vice versa? Or are they one and the same?
ECAS shows a line: ‘We received your application on....’ and later another line will be added to ECAS when they have started processing the application, saying: ‘We began processing your application on....’

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
ECAS shows a line: ‘We received your application on....’ and later another line will be added to ECAS when they have started processing the application, saying: ‘We began processing your application on....’
Hi all. I’m trying to view my app on ECAS. But i can’t find it. It just says no application found from the details I gave. Is this normal?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Thanks so much for the clarification. My detailed application status says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." I guess I was expecting to actually see the term "In Process" somewhere. Lol. I'm gonna set my "In Process" date in the spreadsheet for others to see.

Thanks again

Reactions: twgoundarmorton

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hi all. I’m trying to view my app on ECAS. But i can’t find it. It just says no application found from the details I gave. Is this normal?
I had to try 5 different combinations of data before I got through. Eventually under Application Details I used the "Family name, given name and Date of Birth" option. I also noticed that under "Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?" I was selecting a different City/Town/Village from what I had specified on my application form. These little things matter.

Remember that you have only five attempts per 24 hours.

Note - Review the steps on the Linking to MyCIC sheet in the spreadsheet at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?usp=sharing

I hope this helps.

Ghuman1

Nov 3, 2019
I have a question regarding my status. I'm currently international student and my semester will be over rin December. I was thinking of becoming a part time student until my PR or OWP comes. Will it have any effect on my application if I don't maintain my current status ?
Registration for next semester opens in a week

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I have a question regarding my status. I'm currently international student and my semester will be over rin December. I was thinking of becoming a part time student until my PR or OWP comes. Will it have any effect on my application if I don't maintain my current status ?
Registration for next semester opens in a week
Have you already submitted your PR + OWP app?
If your current status is expiring in December, you will have 'implied' status with your OWP application, provided the app is not returned due to any reason. If the OWP app is returned after December you will be out of status.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Have you already submitted your PR + OWP app?
If your current status is expiring in December, you will have 'implied' status with your OWP application, provided the app is not returned due to any reason. If the OWP app is returned after December you will be out of status.
Unfortunately, I believe if they are applying for an OWP, they would not be able to continue studying.

"If you applied for a different kind of permit

• You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit."
See this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17

You still have implied status, meaning you're not here out of status, but you wouldn't be able to keep studying unless you applied for a new study permit. I'm not sure what the details are for applying for a study visa with PR in progress. You may be able to do so at a Port of Entry if you're from a visa exempt country but I'm not 100% sure on the details.