+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
My update:
May 14th: Decision Made
June 23th: Oath Ceremony (Haven't received the email yet but the new tracker shows the date)
Congrats! Quick Question: Before your decision made - What was your application status in the new tracking app. I have a very similar timeline as you and my Language Skill, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions are all in progress.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
September 2019 and Ottawa applicants and hopefully the rest of the offices, hang in there. I received the invitation to the oath ceremony.

The following is the timeline:
- September 2019, application sent
- November 2020, request for passport copies
- April 2021, knowledge test and 11 days later, DM
- May 2021, invitation to attend oath ceremony 5 days later

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
My update:
May 14th: Decision Made
June 23th: Oath Ceremony (Haven't received the email yet but the new tracker shows the date)
Congrats.. what is the updated date in the new tracker?

MatadorSep19

Aug 29, 2020
Mine is identical to yours. It's really weird because I just got my GCMS notes and on those (they were from April 20th) it said that Language, Prohibition and Residence had not even started. Hopefully this is some good news. I'm a September 2019 applicant too.
If i may ask you please what should i do to ask for and get my GCMS..?

mannu635

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which office are you with ?
Not Sure. Haven't checked.

Congrats! Quick Question: Before your decision made - What was your application status in the new tracking app. I have a very similar timeline as you and my Language Skill, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions are all in progress.
Thanks. Everything other than Test and Background Verification was in progress.

Congrats.. what is the updated date in the new tracker?
Thanks. June 23rd.
Congratulations!! Please update when you receive oath email
Thanks. Will do!

bentagon

Jun 21, 2011
Today, I have received an email for an updated fingerprint and I already did it. I am not sure, how long it will take from this point

Please update the spreadsheet.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Just a quick update on my end, almost 3 months after taking the test I got an email with an interview invite yesterday. They only asked for colour copies of my passport. However, having read everyone's points I'm now worried about passport stamp translations. Has anyone gone through this recently? My stamps mostly have arrows coming in and out of the country but I also have stamps with dates and entry/exit words in languages other than English and French. I'm trying to get quotes and I'm trying to decide if I should go through with it before the interview. I would really appreciate any recent interview experience regarding these stamps. I'm glad that my office (Halifax) is finally picking up my application. Wishing all the best to my fellow Nova Scotia applicants and to everyone else.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Just a quick update on my end, almost 3 months after taking the test I got an email with an interview invite yesterday. They only asked for colour copies of my passport. However, having read everyone's points I'm now worried about passport stamp translations. Has anyone gone through this recently? My stamps mostly have arrows coming in and out of the country but I also have stamps with dates and entry/exit words in languages other than English and French. I'm trying to get quotes and I'm trying to decide if I should go through with it before the interview. I would really appreciate any recent interview experience regarding these stamps. I'm glad that my office (Halifax) is finally picking up my application. Wishing all the best to my fellow Nova Scotia applicants and to everyone else.
Anything that is not in English or French should be translated. I highly recommend translating these stamps and sending them to the officer as requested.

Reactions: twrooney

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Can you share the exact wording of the request please?
I'm trying to get the idea if translation should be in colour as well.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Can you share the exact wording of the request please?
I'm trying to get the idea if translation should be in colour as well.
This was the wording on my interview invite letter: "Before attending this event, submit all original passport(s) pages in colour and travel
documents in your possession (current and expired)." Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hapique