+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I guess I am not the only one who received the email for new citizenship status tool ?

Here's where I stand. Anyone else with similar statuses?
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Mine is identical to yours. It's really weird because I just got my GCMS notes and on those (they were from April 20th) it said that Language, Prohibition and Residence had not even started. Hopefully this is some good news. I'm a September 2019 applicant too.

quidditch779

Mar 28, 2021
Same - though it says it was last updated on Apr 23

I guess I am not the only one who received the email for new citizenship status tool ?

Here's where I stand. Anyone else with similar statuses?
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

Reactions: zeyzey6

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I just got registered to the new tracking tool and came to know that my file has citizenship test schedule in January 2021 which I never received, i cross checked again my wife only received the citizenship test invite at that time looks like they forgot to add a letter for me, what should i do now who to reach out to get this resolved should i contact IRCC

CP

Reactions: twrooney

Survivor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
My status tool said the background verification was complete in Feb2020 but its gone back to in progress after my citizenship test. Has it happened with anyone else.

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
My status tool said the background verification was complete in Feb2020 but its gone back to in progress after my citizenship test. Has it happened with anyone else.
There is no more DM in the new system. If you aren't done you are in progress.

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
Applied in September 2019
In process: jan2020
Fingerprints requested 2nd feb2020 and submitted on next day.
After that I received another Fingerprints request on april 2021 .
And mailed by rcmp on 26 april 2021.
Anyone has knowledge about how long will it take to get test invitation ?
According to gcms criminality 1 was passed and criminality 2 In progress.
We’re in the same boat. my criminal check was completed in august 2020 , CBSA clearance is still in progress (10 months). Have done multiple Gcms notes , calls to IRCC and submitted webform. No progress!!

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
We’re in the same boat. my criminal check was completed in august 2020 , CBSA clearance is still in progress (10 months). Have done multiple Gcms notes , calls to IRCC and submitted webform. No progress!!
I just check with new citizenship application status tool and it shows
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

murtazaa75

Sep 20, 2015
Oath completed today. Good luck all of you out here :):):):)
Timeline:
Citizenship application - 1 applicant (married but only 1 applying)
Brampton, ON (Visa Office: Mississauga)
Physical Presence: 1600 days
Application Sent: Sep 17, 2019
Application Delivered: Sep 20, 2019
AOR: December 9, 2019
Online Test Invite: January 21, 2021
Online Test Completed: January 25, 2021 (20/20)
ECAS changed to Decision Made: February 16, 2021
Oath Invite Email: May 3, 2021
Oath Completed: May 8, 2021
Congratulations!
Just wondering, was the oath ceremony online or in person?

NNN

Jul 4, 2015
Hello I just got my citizenship test invite but I'm in the united states.. just wondering if anyone has driven upto canada and did they take the test there and have to quarantine? Can I transit through an airport and avoid quarantine?
Our friends drove from us recently, no quarantine required. In contrast, if you arrive at an airport, you have to go to a hotel.

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Hi all,
Anyone who recently applied for the Canadian passport? How soon did you receive it?
Asking as we might have to go to our home country very soon.

Last edited:

CanVisa101

May 11, 2021
New Citizenship tools shows that 'Updated:April 23, 2021', and I believe it's same for everyone. Does this mean that tools has application update till 23 April? Does anyone have updates/history shown in status tool which happened after 23 April?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
New Citizenship tools shows that 'Updated:April 23, 2021', and I believe it's same for everyone. Does this mean that tools has application update till 23 April? Does anyone have updates/history shown in status tool which happened after 23 April?
I think the update varies for applicants. It is probably the last update made on the application to the new tool. I would assume they have another internal measure they use, similar to like unsaved files and projects.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Seems a common denominator among Mississauga applicants? Mine was last updated after my interview in May. Also moving for SCR people who took their oaths.