+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
added. To get your AOR in 20 days and in process on the same day, did you applied for urgent processing?
Thanks for updating.......
Yes Sylvain, i did request urgent processing but the process has somehow slowed down after FP submission. have called IRCC and confirmed receipt of FP results with no outstanding issues. Agent said rest assured and wait for the invite......;)

by the way:
My location: Toronto
App. type: Single
physical presence: 1104
Based on FP letter: my processing centre is Scarborough

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Hi All, I am new to this Forum. Following are my Citizenship Application Details. Admin Could you please add it to the excel file.

City: Calgary, AB
Application Sent: 30-August-2019
Application Delivered: 06-September-2019
AOR: 25-November-2019
In Process on ECAS: 16-December-2019
Test/Interview Invite: NO UPDATE YET
Test/Interview Date: NO UPDATE YET

When I check I find that lot of forum members have got test invites with similar time line mostly from other cities except Calgary. Not sure why there is a huge delay in processing at Calgary.

It would be highly appreciable if someone could let me know how we get the test invite. Whether it is via email or via Regular Post.

Also request your help for any good links for studying for Citizenship Test.

Thank you all in advance in this forum for your good works.
I share your concerns. Even though it's also a relief at the same time that this is a general trend for Calgary applicants and not just a few cases.

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I share your concerns. Even though it's also a relief at the same time that this is a general trend for Calgary applicants and not just a few cases.
I have been reading other applicants' comments...it appears Calgary's office is the slowest for some reason...fingers crossed!

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at the flow and updates from various applicants, I am wondering how come I have not received any FP request :|

My app has been "In Process" since Dec 23rd, 2019

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys.
I just wanted to hear your opinion.

I received a test invite via email. It says March 26.
My Online Application Status says: "We sent you a notice on February 6, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 6, 2020".

I contacted CIC via the electronic form asking to clarify the test date and had a reply: "We verified the information you provided regarding the citizenship test and have forwarded it to the responsible office."
Silence after that.

Unfortunately, currently, I am outside of Canada so I cannot call their office.

Did anybody experience anything like that?
Which date from your point of view is the right one?

Thank you for your replies!

Sphbelle_Yxu

Jan 26, 2020
My 16 yo daughter was requested to submit her fingerprints but the rcmp accredited agency said they only do it for people who are at least 18yo and above. I sent a note to ircc thru the web form and they said they will forward the case to the corresponding department and to contact them after march 5 if I dont hear anything.
I was wondering if anyone had a similar case? My son, husband and I already submitted our FP results and no update yet on ecas. Thanks!

1IslandGirl

Jun 8, 2017
I have been reading other applicants' comments...it appears Calgary's office is the slowest for some reason...fingers crossed!
Its really weird as i have another friend who submitted her file in October and she has her test tomorrow in Calgary.

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Calgary - Test Invite via email on Feb 25 for Test date Mar 17
ECAS not updated ! Still showing the "Started Process Line" as last update, Is that normal ?
Please update spreadsheet @sylvain1, Thanks !

echeverialaui

Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I received my test invite on Feb 25 and the test date is Mar 20.

The letter said to bring the original document in the checklist you sent with your application on your test date. I have the original document for everything except my college transcript, I sent the original with my application and did not keep a copy (regardless anyway). Can i just request another transcript from the college? Will the new transcript considered original? I have the followings:
- Expired and current passports
- Driver License
- Health Card
- Landing Paper
- My SIN card
- My college diploma

Someone told me I have to bring the Notice of Assessment for my income tax in the years i indicated on my application. Did anyone get asked for this?

Your help would be much appreciated.

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Awesome - All the best for the good news:)
Got reply from IRCC as they have received Fingers prints. Not sure how many days now it will take to get Test Invite.

Reactions: twrooney

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Hey guys.
I just wanted to hear your opinion.

I received a test invite via email. It says March 26.
My Online Application Status says: "We sent you a notice on February 6, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 6, 2020".

I contacted CIC via the electronic form asking to clarify the test date and had a reply: "We verified the information you provided regarding the citizenship test and have forwarded it to the responsible office."
Silence after that.

Unfortunately, currently, I am outside of Canada so I cannot call their office.

Did anybody experience anything like that?
Which date from your point of view is the right one?

Thank you for your replies!
I think in your case email shows the correct information because for me there was a mistake in ECAS (it was not test date but the date they send notice) I think someone manually enters information in ECAS system so it can have typo errors. Email is more important because you have to print that and bring to the test center on your test date.

Reactions: Orgcom