September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question is how much is much and how little is little. Is 1 much or little? How about 10? 15? No one knows. Factors are factors it may be that one served in the military while others happened to get into North Korea out of curiosity. These are all guesses. So let's speculate less and just wait and see
Depends on what you want to consider a number. There are members who travel for business every quarter, Few just 1 or 2 a year for vacation.
So if you are asking me how much is much, then I would say every quarter.

Also, to your point around Military service. in my note above, I did mention, it is only "one of the factors, based on my conversation with friends who are in the same boat."

There can be lots of IFs and BUTs.
Anyways, all the best.

Nino123

Dec 3, 2019
Congratulations Nino...one question , you have specified you have submitted from England? can we submit citizenship application form out side of Canada?
Yes I submitted from England. I don’t think there is any rule that says not to. Best of luck

Macsen

Feb 25, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I applied for citizenship last two months ago and assuring myself that all information/documents was correct, but it feels disappointing to receive my applications back telling me that I didn't accumulate 1095 days of physical presence before applying.

I came to Canada in 2014 and had a Temporary Resident Permit for a year. A month before my permit expires, I applied for the extension of my Temporary Resident Permit as I was waiting for the approval of my Permanent Residency but I never heard/received any reply from the Immigration. Instead, I applied again for an extension of my stay in Canada as a worker and it was approved with an open work permit from 2017-2019. Received my Permanent Resident on 2017.

My question is, does the days when I was on implied status be counted? what about the days of my Open Work Permit from 2017-2019, does it counts too?

I would like to know, if someone has experienced the same, if I can actually use those months towards my Physical Presence Calculator before submitting my application again.

Thank you very much for your time, any information would be much appreciate it.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I applied for citizenship last two months ago and assuring myself that all information/documents was correct, but it feels disappointing to receive my applications back telling me that I didn't accumulate 1095 days of physical presence before applying.

I came to Canada in 2014 and had a Temporary Resident Permit for a year. A month before my permit expires, I applied for the extension of my Temporary Resident Permit as I was waiting for the approval of my Permanent Residency but I never heard/received any reply from the Immigration. Instead, I applied again for an extension of my stay in Canada as a worker and it was approved with an open work permit from 2017-2019. Received my Permanent Resident on 2017.

My question is, does the days when I was on implied status be counted? what about the days of my Open Work Permit from 2017-2019, does it counts too?

I would like to know, if someone has experienced the same, if I can actually use those months towards my Physical Presence Calculator before submitting my application again.

Thank you very much for your time, any information would be much appreciate it.
Search on this forum and there’ve been similar cases where the time as temporary resident actually wasn’t counted because IRCC couldn’t the verify the info in their records. Some have been able to get the days as temporary resident credited by submitting TRVs and work permits. That’s as far as I’ve understood it, but yours is not an isolated case unfortunately.

i also have some time as TR in my physical presence calculator, but I submitted by making sure I went past the 1095 as PR anyway, because of this. I did get my AOR with app currently in process.

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Where are you September Applicants???
I haven't heard anything from IRCC after RCMP confirmed they have sent the FP to IRCC :(. Sept application.