+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Smw851383

Jan 26, 2020
Just read in another forum that People awaiting Oath Ceremonies since March have started to receive virtual oath invites from June 01 onward... hopefully they will resume tests soon as well.
Can you send the link where they stated to start this thing... you know what applicants who entered in the test in Jan or Feb , their status is still in process and test was stopped from mArch 11 or 12.

SAS_RAZA

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 04-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
23-06-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 14-08-2015, PPR:18-08-2015
LANDED..........
24-06-2016

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5595253
At last some news. Not very promising being too vague of a statement, but "maybe" "will be" is at least something compared to complete silence previously. No clarity on testing though not even a vague statement.

Last edited:

Smw851383

Jan 26, 2020
But, virtual oath will be only for those applicants who were already invited after test and oath date was given but cancelled due to covid.

It is my idea.

Lets see for those who have done test but still status is in process and waiting for decision made and then oath ...

sharekhanna

Sep 20, 2019
We have done the test, but still status is 'In Process' and waiting for the status to change to 'Decision made" and then oath date. I hope we will get an oath date on July 1st on Canada Day.

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hey all I hope you are doing fine
I have a query with regards to my citizenship application, I am currently gathering the application package and I am ready to apply However, I have a small issue that I am unable to resolve.
I have seen a similar case on the forum but I didnt get how he/she went through solving it
The issue is that, I soft landed for 15 days, 4 years ago and in that time I had a shared room rented for this brief period of time, but because it didnt have a reliable mail box and because I didnt know if i was going to stay longer in that accommodation, I opted to giving my uncle's address in Canada to the immigration officer so they can send my PR card there.
Now when I declare my address in the address history, should I mention the room that I rented and paid for, or my uncles house.

Also a very important point to state and that is back in those days, we HAD to fill the customs landing card in order to go through customs in that form I foolishly stated my uncle's address as well because I didn't know better and I thought that they take the PR address from this card and so I did that.

Now I am worried that since I declared this as my address that if I mentioned that I stayed in the shared room, my application will look suspicious. Could someone help me figure out what to do?. I am supposed to send the package soon.

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
Hey all I hope you are doing fine
I have a query with regards to my citizenship application, I am currently gathering the application package and I am ready to apply However, I have a small issue that I am unable to resolve.
I have seen a similar case on the forum but I didnt get how he/she went through solving it
The issue is that, I soft landed for 15 days, 4 years ago and in that time I had a shared room rented for this brief period of time, but because it didnt have a reliable mail box and because I didnt know if i was going to stay longer in that accommodation, I opted to giving my uncle's address in Canada to the immigration officer so they can send my PR card there.
Now when I declare my address in the address history, should I mention the room that I rented and paid for, or my uncles house.

Also a very important point to state and that is back in those days, we HAD to fill the customs landing card in order to go through customs in that form I foolishly stated my uncle's address as well because I didn't know better and I thought that they take the PR address from this card and so I did that.

Now I am worried that since I declared this as my address that if I mentioned that I stayed in the shared room, my application will look suspicious. Could someone help me figure out what to do?. I am supposed to send the package soon.
You can state the true fact that... you lived in the rented place, but you can add your point that in that period, you used your uncle's address for as mailing and contact address on your landing (and landing documents).
I am assuming your COPR / SIN etc maybe reflecting for that period different addresses...so you can add which all document reflect residential address and which were initial contact / mailing address.

And since you are ready to apply, you may want to post in June 2020 Applicants' page.

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
You can state the true fact that... you lived in the rented place, but you can add your point that in that period, you used your uncle's address for as mailing and contact address on your landing (and landing documents).
I am assuming your COPR / SIN etc maybe reflecting for that period different addresses...so you can add which all document reflect residential address and which were initial contact / mailing address.

And since you are ready to apply, you may want to post in June 2020 Applicants' page.
Thank you, i will but one more question, so will it matter if the cbsa declaration form had a different address than my actual physical address?

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
Thank you, i will but one more question, so will it matter if the cbsa declaration form had a different address than my actual physical address?
As I understood, you are good and shouldn't matter as it is the mailing address...but explicitly mention it, so there is no ambiguity for the examining officer.

As per IRCC, If you’re outside Canada, when you arrive in Canada

"If you’re admissible and there are no problems when you arrive, the officer will:
allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident
confirm your Canadian mailing address where we’ll mail your permanent resident card
If you change your address within 180 days of arriving in Canada, you must tell us using the web form."

If you’re already in Canada, during the interview the officer will:
"confirm your Canadian mailing address, so we can mail your permanent resident card (PR card)
If you change your address within 180 days of getting your status, you must tell us using the web form."

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html)