+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
my PR expires in September...do you think i should contact them for urgent processing? or should I renew my PR card? I got the test invite which was due on March 18th but it got canceled. It appears the COVID-19 issue will affect Canada for months to come (at least till end of July as per PM and experts if not longer)...thoughts?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
my PR expires in September...do you think i should contact them for urgent processing? or should I renew my PR card? I got the test invite which was due on March 18th but it got canceled. It appears the COVID-19 issue will affect Canada for months to come (at least till end of July as per PM and experts if not longer)...thoughts?
Hi,
Expiry of a PR card doesn't warrant for urgent processing of citizenship application. The PR card renewal would take about a month's time under normal circumstances. If you do not foresee travelling outside Canada once the covid situation comes under control(assume end of July), I would suggest not to bother renewing the PR considering there would be a surge in IRCC related work then.

If travelling (assuming cross border travelling becomes normal by August) then apply for the renewal of the PR card in late June or early July to give some buffer time for delays in the standard SLAs of IRCC in processing the PR card renewal as well as getting a better visibility to IRCC's . Having said that, you may still apply for the renewal even now.

An expired PR card doesn't matter for the processing of your citizenship application. It's your PR status that's needed for citizenship processing and not the PR card status.

All the best!

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Hi, I know that almost all of the industries are halted due to C-19 situation. Regarding the citizenship, whether tests and oaths were only on hold and the local office is processing the citizenship applications (or) it is also on hold? can someone clarify.

Smw851383

Jan 26, 2020
Hello friends,

Any updates for citizenship activity ? My test was done on Feb 24th 2020, but status is still same IN PROCESS..i did not receive any update after.....

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Hello friends,

Any updates for citizenship activity ? My test was done on Feb 24th 2020, but status is still same IN PROCESS..i did not receive any update after.....
Same with me. officer told me next step is oath taking but till now my application is still in process

Smw851383

Jan 26, 2020
Same with me. officer told me next step is oath taking but till now my application is still in process
And everything is closed for covid 19 . I think we should sleep for 1 year atleast... before this they were very slow . So just imagine how long this will take now...
Lolzzz

Hope for the best

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Hey, Any updates from IRCC that acknowledges that they have received the fingerprints? I did my fingerprints through Commissionaires' office in Nov 2019, but my ECAS status is mum since then. I even had GCMS notes in Feb 2020 but there is no mention of acknowledgement. My lawyer says this is normal, but it is just hard to digest. Do you know if IRCC even acknowledges receipt of fingerprint results?
Hey, yes in the email received they did mention that they have received my Fingers prints. Not sure how it works via commissionaires’ office. But in my case I did my finger prints from third party and then after 3 weeks sent an email to RCMP to confirm , if they have received my FP. After RCMP confirmation, waited for 3 weeks and then submitted a webform request via cic site to IRCC. Finally, IRCC sends FP acknowledgment email. I suspect in your case ,RCMP might not have sent FP to IRCC or probably RCMP didn’t receive from Commissonaries’ office...

soperi

Apr 30, 2020
Hi Folks,

New to this forum, I had also applied in Sep 2019

Citizenship application - Single
Ottawa, On
Physical Presence: the needed days and continuing to live here (7.5 years in Canada now)
Application sent: Sep 30, 2019
AOR Received: Jan 30, 2020

Did not receive any exam or anything further :(

May 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I was due to have my exam on March 31st 2020 and due to Covid it was meant to be rescheduled. Did anyone here anything about their exams being rescheduled? My status still says that my exam is due to take place on March 31st. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Thanks! :)

falcons_Lions

Oct 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I was due to have my exam on March 31st 2020 and due to COVID, it was meant to be rescheduled. Did anyone hear anything about their exams being rescheduled? My status still says that my exam is due to take place on March 31st. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Thanks! :)
My exam was supposed to be on March 26th. It got cancelled via email. No change in the system as it shows to you.

We need to wait and be patient.

Smw851383

Jan 26, 2020
Anybody know when test and oath ceremony schedules will resume ?
My test was done on Feb 24 in scarborough after that status is still IN PROCESS and no oath date recieved?
Any updates ?

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Anybody know when test and oath ceremony schedules will resume ?
My test was done on Feb 24 in scarborough after that status is still IN PROCESS and no oath date recieved?
Any updates ?
I am expecting them to resume tests and ceremonies in July or August, depending on the success of the provinces re-opening plans. I still believe it's time to move to virtual and online testing and ceremonies... take a look at this: https://globalnews.ca/news/6776510/coronavirus-canada-virtual-citizenship/
but then again, they still ask us to fill paper forms! Oh well...I guess we have to be patient and just wait it out...good luck!

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
Just read in another forum that People awaiting Oath Ceremonies since March have started to receive virtual oath invites from June 01 onward... hopefully they will resume tests soon as well.

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Just read in another forum that People awaiting Oath Ceremonies since March have started to receive virtual oath invites from June 01 onward... hopefully they will resume tests soon as well.
that's great news! Can you please share the link of the post in the other forum?