+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hello,

finally received today a long overdue update on my file.

You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by taking the Online Canadian Citizenship Test.”

Finally some movement!
Congrats and all the best. What are your timelines if I may ask.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Congrats and all the best. What are your timelines if I may ask.
tks. It should be somewhere in the excel sheet, but basically

- Sep 2019 applicant
- Dec 2019 AOR
- Dec2019 or Jan 2020 file went into process
- learnt afterwards I was supposed to receive the test invite for April 2020
- 22 Jul-2021 received invite for citizen test for the period end of July through mid of Aug.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
tks. It should be somewhere in the excel sheet, but basically

- Sep 2019 applicant
- Dec 2019 AOR
- learnt afterwards I was supposed to receive the test invite for April 2020
- 22 Jul-2021 received invite for citizen test for the period end of July through mid of Aug.
Thank you

I have similar timelines..only difference is everything is complete ( new tracker) except the citizenship ceremony which is is status "Not Started" for almost 2.5 months

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Thank you

I have similar timelines..only difference is everything is complete ( new tracker) except the citizenship ceremony which is is status "Not Started" for almost 2.5 months
Nah…in my case only BG is complete. The rest just changed from not started into process. Ceremony obviously not started.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Nah…in my case only BG is complete. The rest just changed from not started into process. Ceremony obviously not started.
I read somewhere in this forum that once BG is complete you get the citizenship test invite and once the test is complete and validated the language and other areas move to completed ... and finally its the oath. Not sure how genuine the info is

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
No interview for us (so far!).

All items except Citizenship test and Background check were “in progress” until July 20th.

And then all except Oath Ceremony changed to Completed on July 21st, old Ecas is also showing “Decision Made” now.

I hope they don’t go back to “in progress” - I have seen some random case where that had also happened.

Waiting for Oath Ceremony invitation now.
Oh that's great; I'm in the same boat (regarding the test and the background check) - with any luck, my application may follow the same route!

Thanks for the information!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I read somewhere in this forum that once BG is complete you get the citizenship test invite and once the test is complete and validated the language and other areas move to completed ... and finally its the oath. Not sure how genuine the info is
Well, my test was marked as "Completed" 6 weeks ago to this date and no movement since; only "test" and "background check" are in a "Completed" state; ECAS shows no updates since early last year :/

apurvrdx

Feb 23, 2015
Bangalore, INdia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2015
July 12th All of the sections have moved to Completed except the Oath, so it looks like the list below ...

Language Skills: Completed
Background verification:
Completed
Physical Presence:
Completed
Prohibitions: Completed
Citizenship Test:
Completed
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Anybody else in the same boat or have any idea how long before I get the Oath taking invite ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
July 12th All of the sections have moved to Completed except the Oath, so it looks like the list below ...

Background verification:
Completed
Physical Presence:
Completed
Citizenship Test:
Completed

Anybody else in the same boat or have any idea how long before I get the Oath taking invite ?
Varies from person to person and from office to office. Assume it'll take a couple of months to avoid disappointment but it could happen well before that time.

Good luck!

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon

Background verification:
Completed
Physical Presence:
Completed
Citizenship Test:
Completed

I am in the same boat as mine was updated on July 06 except Oth ceremony….i got decision made on July 15 on ECAS….

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
The immigration gods/goddesses must have heard my pleas - All sections are now completed with the exception of the Oath ceremony as of July 23rd! @rajkamalmohanram, please update the spreadsheet as necessary.

Onwards to Oath, my fellow (almost) citizens!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The immigration gods/goddesses must have heard my pleas - All sections are now completed with the exception of the Oath ceremony as of July 23rd! @rajkamalmohanram, please update the spreadsheet as necessary.

Onwards to Oath, my fellow (almost) citizens!
Congrats!

I've updated the spreadsheet. You are in line for oath.

Please post an update once you receive the oath notification and once after you receive the oath email.

All the best!

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Congrats!

I've updated the spreadsheet. You are in line for oath.

Please post an update once you receive the oath notification and once after you receive the oath email.

All the best!
Also, just checked ECAS in the old system - I got my Decision Made! Happy Friday, indeed!

(And thank you for the well wishes! I'm guessing that means that there won't be an interview?)