+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does the new system show you when you should be taking oath? Or are you just waiting for it ?
The OP is still waiting for oath notification. The oath notification first appears on the status dashboard ("new system"). The email with detailed instructions will then be sent about a week before the ceremony date.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
They didn't give you any static being in the UK for the test?
Sorry perhaps I'm not with the lingo....maybe being British but what's 'Static' mean? If you mean they didn't give us any grief.....then no because taking our test outside of the country is currently permissible as per changes in guidelines as of approximately 4 weeks ago. As for Interview and Oath......no idea yet.

Reactions: chs

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
The tracker says that i have been scheduled for oath to be takeh on 12th August. I haven't received any email. How many days before does the email arrives?
Usually around 1 week before you will get email with instructions in PDF. What's your local office?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The tracker says that i have been scheduled for oath to be takeh on 12th August. I haven't received any email. How many days before does the email arrives?
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide the date when your application went to "Decision made" ? Usually, this is the same date when "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed".

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Sorry perhaps I'm not with the lingo....maybe being British but what's 'Static' mean? If you mean they didn't give us any grief.....then no because taking our test outside of the country is currently permissible as per changes in guidelines as of approximately 4 weeks ago. As for Interview and Oath......no idea yet.
Ha, yes, "static" is a (probably very dated by this point) Americanism for exactly that, sorry. I was looking for these guidelines, myself, as I had some job opportunities outside of Canada that I passed up because of the physical presence requirement. Congrats on passing the test, btw. :)

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hey Guys

Finally got through to IRCC call center and spoke to a really friendly agent. I did ask him on generally why the delay and he told me that the citizenship oath scheduling team is less staffed and also with everything going online there is lot of work to be done to ensure that people who have been scheduled for on oath their zoom links etc are all in properly set. They did have some issues where people got kicked out from zoom in between an oath and they all had to be rescheduled, the problem was they found it difficult to track the people who were kicked out from zoom .... and they were given priority in place for oath scheduling and in order to prevent such issues IRCC has decided the number of people scheduled now is lesser hence the wait time....

For my file and my wife the status shows "Ceremony ready" and we told him we have plans to travel in December so was wondering if we should renew our PR card etc and he said based on the notes put in the file the ceremony will be scheduled much before that ( although he did not promise it) and we should be fine .... he said renewing PR was completely okay but we should get the ceremony invite much before the card gets renewed. One thing he admitted was webform changes etc are gonna take more than the anticipated time as no one is dedicatedly looking in to it and usually done when someone is free makes sense as we applied for address change 3 months back and it was not updated on our file .. The agent updated it for us on the call and said within a week all system will reflect the new address. he also said address change will not affect the oath ceremony scheduling as its going to be online at least for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey Guys

Finally got through to IRCC call center and spoke to a really friendly agent. I did ask him on generally why the delay and he told me that the citizenship oath scheduling team is less staffed and also with everything going online there is lot of work to be done to ensure that people who have been scheduled for on oath their zoom links etc are all in properly set. They did have some issues where people got kicked out from zoom in between an oath and they all had to be rescheduled, the problem was they found it difficult to track the people who were kicked out from zoom .... and they were given priority in place for oath scheduling and in order to prevent such issues IRCC has decided the number of people scheduled now is lesser hence the wait time....

For my file and my wife the status shows "Ceremony ready" and we told him we have plans to travel in December so was wondering if we should renew our PR card etc and he said based on the notes put in the file the ceremony will be scheduled much before that ( although he did not promise it) and we should be fine .... he said renewing PR was completely okay but we should get the ceremony invite much before cared gets renewed. One thing he admitted was webform changes etc are gonna take more than the anticipated time as no one is dedicatedly looking in to it and usually done when someone is free makes sense as we applied for address change 3 months back and it was not updated on our file .. The agent updated it for us on the call and said within a week all system will reflect the new address. he also said address change will not affect the oath ceremony scheduling as its going to be online at least for the foreseeable future.
That's really helpful, thanks for sharing.

PawManya

Aug 27, 2015
Hey Guys

For my file and my wife the status shows "Ceremony ready" and we told him we have plans to travel in December so was wondering if we should renew our PR card etc and he said based on the notes put in the file the ceremony will be scheduled much before that ( although he did not promise it) and we should be fine .... he said renewing PR was completely okay but we should get the ceremony invite much before the card gets renewed. One thing he admitted was webform changes etc are gonna take more than the anticipated time as no one is dedicatedly looking in to it and usually done when someone is free makes sense as we applied for address change 3 months back and it was not updated on our file .. The agent updated it for us on the call and said within a week all system will reflect the new address. he also said address change will not affect the oath ceremony scheduling as its going to be online at least for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for the detailed update. I have been trying to change my address too since July 1 and have attempted to reach out to them via various channels without any luck. After reading your message, I am at peace. Good luck with your oath ceremony.

Reactions: titans8289