+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Awesome! Congrats to you as well! The wait continues..:)
I struggled so much with the photo ID though, had to take multiple retakes as the photos were all blurry, finally managed to get one. Hopefully they accept it and I don't have to resend anything.
whether your results were confirmed officially? how long does it take for the results to be confirmed officially? will there be a separate note for this confirmation (or) it will be combined along with the oath invitation?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Me and my wife took the test today and passed (unofficially). How long will it take for the test results to be confirmed officially?
You would only know when they contact you. Either your status change to Decision Made, and/or you receive an email from the office regarding oath/requesting additional documents/interview. Otherwise you won't know if your results are officially confirmed.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
You would only know when they contact you. Either your status change to Decision Made, and/or you receive an email from the office regarding oath/requesting additional documents/interview. Otherwise you won't know if your results are officially confirmed.
Thanks for the response.. appreciate it.

Reactions: BadGamer6

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
any recent movements? particularly at Mississauga location. I'm sure there should be..
Not to disappoint u. I just read a post in fb. An immigration lawyer has received a note stating that cpc-M which is the Mississauga office has been in confinement since Nov 23. But this was in regards to pgp. I m guessing that will be the same for citizenship applications too... I m in the same boat waiting for test applied sep 2019.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Not to disappoint u. I just read a post in fb. An immigration lawyer has received a note stating that cpc-M which is the Mississauga office has been in confinement since Nov 23. But this was in regards to pgp. I m guessing that will be the same for citizenship applications too... I m in the same boat waiting for test applied sep 2019.
I think Mississauga is moving, and actually at a quite decent speed. Much better than Scarborough. If you go to the 2019 tracker, there’s a decent amount of people who completed online tests and/or received and finished their oaths already. It’s possible that they’ve locked down but most likely they are processing at a reduced capacity.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
I think Mississauga is moving, and actually at a quite decent speed. Much better than Scarborough. If you go to the 2019 tracker, there’s a decent amount of people who completed online tests and/or received and finished their oaths already. It’s possible that they’ve locked down but most likely they are processing at a reduced capacity.
that’s right, it’s moving. I even took the test last week. Was checking, as there were no updates from the rest of them.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Update: About a week after writing my test, did get an invite for an interview.
Decision Made: March 3rd, 2021
Now waiting for the oath invite.

Reactions: BadGamer6

Lukum.1991

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
*-*-*-*-*UPDATE*-*-*-*-*

Citizenship application - Single
Brampton, ON
Physical Presence:1241
Application sent: Sept 13, 2019
Application Received: Sep 16, 2019
AOR: Dec 12, 2019
IN PROCESS: 7 January 2020
Test Invitation: Feb 26, 2021 (Test Window: 01 March 2021 - 21 March 2021)
Office: Mississauga
Test Completed/Passed: 04 March 2021(19/20)

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
*-*-*-*-*UPDATE*-*-*-*-*

Citizenship application - Single
Brampton, ON
Physical Presence:1241
Application sent: Sept 13, 2019
Application Received: Sep 16, 2019
AOR: Dec 12, 2019
IN PROCESS: 7 January 2020
Test Invitation: Feb 26, 2021 (Test Window: 01 March 2021 - 21 March 2021)
Office: Mississauga
Test Completed/Passed: 04 March 2021(19/20)
I applied around the same time as you, but from Montreal... hopefully, this means something for me soon! *crosses fingers*

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Scarborough Applicant
I got the invitation to re-take the citizenship test. Reason mentioned in the invitation is that, "we are unable to accept your test results, could be because of technical issues or required photo identification was not submitted"
i've used Provincial ID card for as photo identification as it has signature and DOB and address.
PR card was not used because it doesn't have signature on it. Only thing is it has DOB and Card expiry date.
Test Invitation document was little confusing.. it clearly says "Photo ID with signature on it" such as PR card. But our PR card will not have signature.
Can any one reply that they took the test with PR card (with out signature)as ID proof and was successful.

tgnj

Mar 4, 2021
Hi everyone. I received the test invitation today. The instructions say:
a photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired)
My PR card does not have a signature on it. Does anyone know if it is still OK to use the PR card?

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hi everyone. I received the test invitation today. The instructions say:

My PR card does not have a signature on it. Does anyone know if it is still OK to use the PR card?
These lines are very confusing.
Valid photo I’d with signature and PR card.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Got a call from citizenship office just few mins before.. they said that the photo wasn't recorded during the test and they will arrange an online test with the officer in the meeting.. they were not able to tell the timelines, said could be weeks or months.. its unfortunate, as we took Id pics and photo before starting the test and it was good. for some reason, it didnt captured during the test.

anyone in the similar situation?

Last edited: