Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
So I am a little surprised in my case. Me and my spouse are both in Vancouver but still I got a PPR and not the COPR directly. I am confused if they really want me to send the passport or they just don't realize that I am in the country since an year now. Don't know if that helps you but that it my situation.
If you are in Vancouver lemme know if you want to chat someday :). We are fairly new here and would love to know more people.
I'm not in Vancouver, but I am sure you'll settle in soon! IRCC might have missed that you're in Canada. You could just give them a call or email the VO, I guess. Congrats on the PR though!

yerlan

Mar 18, 2020
Just got our PPR after 12 m of waiting. So looks like they started clearing their queue. Outside of Canada PR applicant, Toronto Province program. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: nns14 and jackan

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Received a GU today. Nothing changed in the application, but the "applicant information" section appears hyperlinked - when I click on it, it gives me an error message though.
Previous update was on the medicals date in September when "you passed medical exam" changed to "you don't need medical exam". I wonder if it means any progress or simply website maintenance?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi everyone,

Received a GU today. Nothing changed in the application, but the "applicant information" section appears hyperlinked - when I click on it, it gives me an error message though.
Previous update was on the medicals date in September when "you passed medical exam" changed to "you don't need medical exam". I wonder if it means any progress or simply website maintenance?
Same here. Also received GU and also what you reported about the Application Information part.

AOR 26 Sep 2019. FSW-O. Rest of the details in my signature.

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Congratulations! You must be over the moon after the long wait! :)

If you don't mind, could you please answer this question. Did your CoPR email after your phone interview include your spouse who is outside Canada, or did they receive a separate PPR for sending their passport to the VAC in whichever country they reside in? There are some rumours floating around that the applications of those inlanders who have dependents outside are not getting CoPRs right now even if they are approved—because landing is problematic for them with the travel restrictions in place. Can you shed some light on the situation?
that is a good question. No, my CoPR didn't mention any dependents, but I proactively asked the person on the phone regarding my spouse's actions back home - he was hesitant, explaining that his call and competency is limited to my "landing" interview by phone, but he assumes that local VAC should take over her process now and do their due diligence.
What I can say regarding rumors - that is not true, since there are people still flying in and landing here every day. In fact, I know 4 families whose wives received PPR being outside (Palestine, Jordan and some other countries). During the lock-down in June-July I've met freshly landed people right after their quarantine.
The landing is not problematic and government policy is to be flexible and compassionate when it comes to family reunification, that's for sure.
It's the backlog that make these rumors float around.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
that is a good question. No, my CoPR didn't mention any dependents, but I proactively asked the person on the phone regarding my spouse's actions back home - he was hesitant, explaining that his call and competency is limited to my "landing" interview by phone, but he assumes that local VAC should take over her process now and do their due diligence.
What I can say regarding rumors - that is not true, since there are people still flying in and landing here every day. In fact, I know 4 families whose wives received PPR being outside (Palestine, Jordan and some other countries). During the lock-down in June-July I've met freshly landed people right after their quarantine.
The landing is not problematic and government policy is to be flexible and compassionate when it comes to family reunification, that's for sure.
It's the backlog that make these rumors float around.
Thanks so much for answering. That really helps a lot. Inlanders whose files are otherwise approved have been getting letters from IRCC asking if everyone on their application including ALL dependents are currently inside Canada or not—and frankly, I don't see the purpose of sending applicants such a letter because, as you said, if the PA can land over a telephonic interview, the dependents should fall under the family reunification travel exemption policy anyway.

Most cases of such letters that I have found have been of people who did have all dependents inside Canada with them. I am yet to find cases where someone answers IRCC's letter with a "No, the PA is inside Canada but dependent is not" and see whether such files get put on hold or what happens. I don't know whether you received such a letter before your interview, but your situation provides some relief for sure, and it is great to hear positive outcomes in regard to your friends as well! I hope your spouse gets here soon without any issues and y'all can enjoy the permanent residency that has long been awaited! :)

Last edited:

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Got a ready for visa mail last night. AOR Sep 2019. PNP-Outland VO Sydney. I actually cannot believe it really happened. Nothing changed in my profile though, still says "your application is in progress. Also I don't think I can even travel to Canada because of travel restrictions still in place.

Reactions: nns14

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
So I am a little surprised in my case. Me and my spouse are both in Vancouver but still I got a PPR and not the COPR directly. I am confused if they really want me to send the passport or they just don't realize that I am in the country since an year now. Don't know if that helps you but that it my situation.
If you are in Vancouver lemme know if you want to chat someday :). We are fairly new here and would love to know more people.
It is interesting. I am in United States and never been to Canada but still directly received the CoPR email as the officer thought I am in Canada. I emailed back the officer and am expecting they will send me PPR email but haven't heard anything so far. It is frustrating

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Reactions: Cp9009

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Thanks so much for answering. That really helps a lot. Inlanders whose files are otherwise approved have been getting letters from IRCC asking if everyone on their application including ALL dependents are currently inside Canada or not—and frankly, I don't see the purpose of sending applicants such a letter because, as you said, if the PA can land over a telephonic interview, the dependents should fall under the family reunification travel exemption policy anyway.

Most cases of such letters that I have found have been of people who did have all dependents inside Canada with them. I am yet to find cases where someone answers IRCC's letter with a "No, the PA is inside Canada but dependent is not" and see whether such files get put on hold or what happens. I don't know whether you received such a letter before your interview, but your situation provides some relief for sure, and it is great to hear positive outcomes in regard to your friends as well! I hope your spouse gets here soon without any issues and y'all can enjoy the permanent residency that has long been awaited! :)
thanks for the kind words, in return sending my good vibes to all who is waiting!
I did not receive any questions about my dependent spouse. My recent CoPR was THE FIRST Ircc contact since January (ADR regarding our relationship)...

Reactions: nns14 and mknox

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016

by the way, this is the PR email (comes with a CoPR and photo instructions attached).
Take a look at the paragraph regarding dependant(s):

Good day,

We are pleased to inform you that you are now a permanent resident of Canada.
Attached you will find a letter confirming permanent residence status. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence cards as well as applying for other government services.

Please note that your overseas dependant(s) will be issued a letter regarding their permanent resident visa once IRCC offices overseas re-open and resume normal operations. Your dependant(s) will not be able to travel to Canada at this time to be landed.

Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Government of Canada