Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Hi All,

I got my AOR on Sep 24th, 2019 and am still waiting for PPR. I got GCMS notes this month and it says it is in the 'Security not started' stage since Jan 2020. Also, I got an email response from CPC Ottawa saying 'my file is in a queue for further review by an officer'

I am in a tricky situation because I have an admit from a school in Canada starting in fall 2020 and they are advising me to apply for a study permit right away. Since the intent of my existing PR application is conflicting with that of the study permit, I am not sure how to proceed.

Does anyone know someone who has applied with dual intent and could point me in a useful direction? ANY information would be helpful right now.
Thank you for your time!
postpone the course by another term, cite covid as a reason.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi All,

I got my AOR on Sep 24th, 2019 and am still waiting for PPR. I got GCMS notes this month and it says it is in the 'Security not started' stage since Jan 2020. Also, I got an email response from CPC Ottawa saying 'my file is in a queue for further review by an officer'

I am in a tricky situation because I have an admit from a school in Canada starting in fall 2020 and they are advising me to apply for a study permit right away. Since the intent of my existing PR application is conflicting with that of the study permit, I am not sure how to proceed.

Does anyone know someone who has applied with dual intent and could point me in a useful direction? ANY information would be helpful right now.
Thank you for your time!
postpone the course by another term, cite covid as a reason.
Yes, I agree. Postpone till you get the PPR. Fees are much cheaper when you have PR.

Tarasal

May 24, 2019
My AOR is 20 December. I got one ghost update on Friday. I remembered that I got one in the end of February. Besides, I got another one the day after I went for a biometeric in January . How many updates I should have to get PPR? Can anybody guess what the condition of my application is? I am an inland applicant.

KingK

Apr 10, 2020
Hi guys.
So my application was rejected (very painful).
The VO stated that my ECA report didn't match the points I claimed so it was subtracted and i fell below the ITA score I was invited with. I have a Law degree and I claimed points for a First Professional Degree but WES assessed my degree as the equivalent of a 4 year Bachelors degree. I read on this forum of Lawyers that did what I did and they got PR. I also contacted IRCC on their Facebook channel and they confirmed they will assess my degree as a FPD even though my ECA states otherwise.
I think it's an unfair decision. I explained in an LOE what I did and attached my conversation with their official Facebook page and what IRCC says on their website about Law degrees.
Can I appeal or would you suggest I reapply?
IQAS isn't assessing degrees for immigration purposes till May and I don't know of any other body that assesses law degrees as First Professional Degrees.
Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Cc @legalfalcon
Same issue, application reopened lets connect!

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
My AOR is 20 December. I got one ghost update on Friday. I remembered that I got one in the end of February. Besides, I got another one the day after I went for a biometeric in January . How many updates I should have to get PPR? Can anybody guess what the condition of my application is? I am an inland applicant.
There's no exact reply to this question. If you call CIC they will tell you the reason that triggered the GU. In my case, I got a GU in the first week of April and found out it was because all stages were passed and my process was just waiting for a final decision (the PPR). It's been a month now so there's no timeline.

MubH

Feb 28, 2019
Hey everyone, need some help. Is there a problem to do 1st landing in Montreal, Quebec and then take a flight or train to TOronto (destination city on copr) ? Please guide

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Hey guys i want to share good news with you thanks for the support along the way, i´ve answered many of my questions reading this thread

Quick update my AOR deadline was due on march 6th, checking my junk email by pure luck saw my ppr went on spam mail sent on feb 21st

I wrote directly to Canadian embassy in mexico (visa office assigned since I live in Nicaragua) and made a case specific inquiry but got no reply, in early April met with a Canadian immigration lawyer an she advised me to send my docs on the PPR directly to the embassy in mexico sin de VAC office in Nicaragua is not receiving any docs due to the COVID crisis

I wrote to embassy in Mexico and created a case specific inquiry with no response until may 14th, I sent directly the embassy my wife’s and my passport along with documents required on PPR and explanation letter about the dates situation on April 17th by attorney recommendations, and I would like to share with you guys that yesterday may 19th i received my passport with landing visa and COPR :)

Reactions: nns14

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Hey guys i want to share good news with you thanks for the support along the way, i´ve answered many of my questions reading this thread

Quick update my AOR deadline was due on march 6th, checking my junk email by pure luck saw my ppr went on spam mail sent on feb 21st

I wrote directly to Canadian embassy in mexico (visa office assigned since I live in Nicaragua) and made a case specific inquiry but got no reply, in early April met with a Canadian immigration lawyer an she advised me to send my docs on the PPR directly to the embassy in mexico sin de VAC office in Nicaragua is not receiving any docs due to the COVID crisis

I wrote to embassy in Mexico and created a case specific inquiry with no response until may 14th, I sent directly the embassy my wife’s and my passport along with documents required on PPR and explanation letter about the dates situation on April 17th by attorney recommendations, and I would like to share with you guys that yesterday may 19th i received my passport with landing visa and COPR :)
Many Many Congratulations Man:)

Reactions: rizzipir

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017

Heartiest congratulations!! may I ask you the subject (keywords) of the PPR email. I just want to search by it in my spam folder as well just incase. thanks.

Nayanmoni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
Nomination.....
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
19-09-2019
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2020
Anybody who got COPR but haven't landed in Canada yet?

Sai Santhosh

Jan 5, 2020
Anybody like me applied AOR on September month (sept 19th 2019) and still waiting for PPR email?

my aor september 19th, CEC Inland - Edmonton VISA office. Medical passed Oct 10 No updates since then. It already crossed 8 months. I am getting the same in-progess response from IRCC customer care when I called.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Anybody like me applied AOR on September month (sept 19th 2019) and still waiting for PPR email?

my aor september 19th, CEC Inland - Edmonton VISA office. Medical passed Oct 10 No updates since then. It already crossed 8 months. I am getting the same in-progess response from IRCC customer care when I called.
What do they say when u call? Did you travel to a lot of countries?