+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi!

I just got a ghost update. My AOR is 23 September and I had called IRCC a couple of days ago. They told me my eligibility and criminality are passed and my security check is in process. Do you think the ghost update means my security is now also passed?

Reactions: nasikan

nasikan

May 16, 2017
Hi!

I just got a ghost update. My AOR is 23 September and I had called IRCC a couple of days ago. They told me my eligibility and criminality are passed and my security check is in process. Do you think the ghost update means my security is now also passed?
You will get PPR tomorrow or by Friday morning.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Thanks @Kodihusky . My in-person interview was scheduled for 26th March. No emails yet of reschedule to phone interview.
My In-person landing interview too was scheduled for 26th March at Etobicoke but till this time, I do not have any formal mail for cancellation or for the timing of the telephonic interview. Please keep us posted if you get any updates. Thanks

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
I cant speak for anyone but if it were me I wouldn't want to flagpole right now. There might be problems on the US side and issues re-entering Canada. When they gave a press release yesterday they spoke about citizens and PR holders- nothing about work or study permit holders. Not everything will be explicitly stated- somethings you have to think about and draw your own conclusions.
Yes I agree with you. When you leave and re-enter , you are technically neither a Citizen or a PR holder. So technically they can refuse you entry. For anyone who has ample time on their COPR, i would advise them to wait for some time and do an inland appointment. I may be wrong but just sharing my 2 cents.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, agents are unable to answer your call. You can still access pre-recorded information about our programs and check the status of your application.

If you need to contact us, use our Web form.

Phone services are expected to resume April 2, 2020.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

For updates https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html OR follow IRCC on Twitter

Bn2ca

Mar 6, 2020
Hi everyone. Wanted to ask for you advice. Our timeline is
AOR:17/09/2019
MEP:03/10/2019

Our estimated Completion date was 17/03/2020. Now we have following message
"Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

What would you suggest to do now? Do I need to contact immigration office and check with them if they need any further info or just sit and do nothing?

THANKS!
We are in the same position, although I did raise a webform, I received generic information. Looking at the lockdown situation there, I am sure there would be delays. You can request gcms notes, please read the procedure available on this thread, but again looking at the situation there and the requests they already might have not sure by when you will receive them. The last option is calling, that alao we are not sure how long you will wait on hold for an actual agent to come over or these services are even available.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
I will ask. His interview was supposed to be tmrw...I will ask if the phone interview is still on
Hi @Kodihusky . Do you have any information about the rescheduling of interview for your friend? Did he get any intimation of the revised time for the telephonic interview. Mine was scheduled for 26th March but I do not have any formal communication yet. So was curious

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi @Kodihusky . Do you have any information about the rescheduling of interview for your friend? Did he get any intimation of the revised time for the telephonic interview. Mine was scheduled for 26th March but I do not have any formal communication yet. So was curious
@Kodihusky - same here, mine is scheduled for Mar/24, still waiting for further information.

Appreciate your help.

@prashantpraut - I will also keep you posted if I get to know on my end.

Reactions: prashantpraut

Kodihusky

Jan 24, 2014
He said he is still waiting as well. no nothing...he knows someone whos going tmrw (i dont understand what he meant by going) Said he will update me if that person gets any info

Reactions: prashantpraut