+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi nt13, thanks a lot for taking time out n writing to me, I truly appreciate it.
You are right, I heard many cases where people went away successfully with affidavits because clearly there are organisations which don't support their foreign workers and just want to use them for their own good.

Thanks for your various suggestions, however, I already provided 3 notarized affidavits - 2 from my colleagues/seniors and one from my client.

Could you tell what is the difference between requesting for reconsideration and an appeal request. I talked with a lawyer and he is suggesting for a reconsideration request.

On a different note, I can't even imagine the amount of patience and perseverance which you are showing in your case. I would pray to Almighty that you come out as a winner. May the force be with you and your strength prevails..ALL THE VERY BEST !!!!
Hi,

Sorry for responding so late, as I do not login here frequently.
Your lawyer is advising you right, I believe. I am not exactly aware of the technical / legal difference between appeal / reconsideration (pardon my insufficient knowledge here), but heard from a few (consultants / online forums) that people have appealed against the decision of refusal, and secured the visa later on. As I do not know anyone personally, I would strongly suggest you take some expert legal opinion on this (which you would have by now).

And don't loose hope!

Wish you luck in your endeavors!!

And Thank you for your kind words, May the force be with Us!!

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Ok guys and gals,

Slightly off-topic discussion, but I think it'll fit the mood as a lot of people have got their PPRs/COPRs.

1. Please exercise, eat healthy and stay in shape. If you have any major health issues, your COPR status will be in risk. Do not be foolish during this time. Celebrate for a day or two in excess, but then eat well and stay in shape. Don't take stupid risks and get into accidents.
  2. Book your tickets! Check the flight carriers, look up off-peak season days, take an Economy seat and secure your entry into Canada WELL before your COPR expires. Land two weeks before the COPR date expires; don't keep until last week. Because CIC will say, "we gave you so much time, you didn't plan properly". Do not let so much prep go to waste because of poor planning. If you play cards correctly, you can get a first week of September 2020 entry, off-season ticket for about 50k INR. The more time goes by, prices will shoot up. That is precious money that can keep you in Toronto or your city of choice for another month or more!
  3. Start updating your LinkedIn profile and start optimizing. DON'T PAY a single paisa for "experts" to optimize your profile for "Canadian market". All bl**dy scammers who take advantage of your fears of not being employed. If you want I will put up a separate post later this week on simple things to do for sprucing up your LinkedIn profile. FREE. (I would like some "Likes" though :cool:)
  4. Know more about Canada and life there. Not picking on Indians, but we have this amazing ability to be "Indian" wherever we go and never fit in. Watch some YT videos on the history, geography and civics of the country. I've heard that immigration officers will say to you "Welcome home!" when they stamp the COPR. When they are saying that, you should show some initiative to learn about them as well!
  5. Please learn some basic French. We have roughly 7 months before landing. Go beyond the ordinary "Ja m'appel Pumpkin" and "Sil vous plait" and learn some grammar and beginner phrases. The faster you integrate, the better. It shows initiative- that a non-French speaker is willing to learn a new language at 30+ years old to fit into their new country. People will go the extra mile to help you. Self-learning or go the way of Alliance Française: your choice.
  6. Familiarize yourselves with the landing processes. Some of you might have never flown before. Ask relatives to help you practice navigating the international travel process. I can post some of my experiences travelling internationally in another post if there is a demand.
Bon chance mon amie
Sorry, I couldn't give more than 1 like to your post!!
Fully agree, and for prospective LANDERs, would just add:

Don't read or research too deep to figure out how others (at least those who have reached there in last 2 years) are faring there.. No two experiences are similar. However, if you wish to do so, read posts or information shared by people who have been there for at least 3-4 years, that would be some wisdom and give more optimism. Nothing comes easy, so don't expect too much! What's the joy in winning, if its not worth the fight!

Good Luck!!

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
After 4 months, I just got my first Ghost Update and my Background Check changed from Not Started to Processing. I hope and pray that something good comes in the next few days.

Reactions: Ausnol14

Dullat

Jan 15, 2020
Exactly same thing happened in my account as well after 4 months. Thank god edmonton guys are up now from asleep.
Aor - 3rd october
Mep- 29 october
Gu- 3rd feb 2020

Reactions: Oksamjackson

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Exactly same thing happened in my account as well after 4 months. Thank god edmonton guys are up now from asleep.
Aor - 3rd october
Mep- 29 october
Gu- 3rd feb 2020
My AOR is September 31 so we are just few days apart. Let's hope for the best.

A3student

Oct 4, 2017
FSW inland
VO: Ottawa
APR: Sept

Background check:
  • Eligibility - Met
  • Criminality - in progress
  • Security - not started

Based on the VO and the stream, when do you think my PPR will be issued ?

Viking-VM

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Aor - 3rd october
Mep- 29 october
Gu- 3rd feb 2020
Edmonton VO - laid back attitude. I hope to see some progress soon.