Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Hi everyone, just curious: is it worth ordering GCMS notes now? AOR Sep 19, FSW-O

Last GCMS notes were ordered on Dec 2020, nothing has changed since July 2020, when the previous notes were ordered.

I'm afraid that they'll issue the noted without any notable progress.

Who ordered GCMS notes recently? Did it showed any progress?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, just curious: is it worth ordering GCMS notes now? AOR Sep 19, FSW-O

Last GCMS notes were ordered on Dec 2020, nothing has changed since July 2020, when the previous notes were ordered.

There's basically no reason to order notes after your eligibility/security/criminality are all passed. There was never a reason to order them in the first place, because there are other indicators for stuff like security screening, and webform response/call can confirm if all stages are passed.

Notes are long, clunky, and cost you money, even if it's just 15 dollars. You can find a better use for this money. In the US you can get a decent takeout meal, or a bottle of wine. Outside the US it's even more powerful: you can get a week worth of grocery supplies somewhere in Europe, a restaurant meal with alcohol for one, or even bigger bang for your buck if you live elsewhere. Stop feeding those who feed on our frustration!

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Lol. Yesterday marked the 2-year anniversary of my ITA. I remember it was Friday before the Labor Day weekend (a public holiday in the US). The same day my family and I went to northern Maine and rented an airbnb at some tiny local farm. First thing Saturday morning we drove up to the town of Lubec, the easternmost point of the continental United States which also stands on the US/Canada border. We have ordered a pizza-with-a-view - a view of Canada - and dreamed of finally moving there in 6 months, with no more temporary statuses, loads of papers, constant threats of deportation, inability to travel and see family, etc., etc. At some point my cell phone even connected to a Canadian network. We thought we were so close to establishing the permanent residency in a safe, developed country, complete with the bright future for the kids. We were naïve. Or just dumb.

Lol. Two years passed. Nothing.

such_prasad

Sep 20, 2021
My wife's application. Dec 2019 applicant, Resubmitted medical Jul 2021 (approved). no updates after that. Family separated but the application is not family sponsor PR. anyone in the same situation ? did anyone received any recent updates. called IRCC and web forms are of no use recently.

taus01

Aug 8, 2019
My wife's application. Dec 2019 applicant, Resubmitted medical Jul 2021 (approved). no updates after that. Family separated but the application is not family sponsor PR. anyone in the same situation ? did anyone received any recent updates. called IRCC and web forms are of no use recently.
I contacted them in April. They responded, " we will let you know when your application will be finalized". After that no response.

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020

Me. i recently ordered GCMS notes. No update since October 2020. Still the same. All stages passed and Application approved on March 23, 2020. Was even generated a counterfoil but was not issued to me based on the notes.

No note on re-medical request also. . Sad

• Sad
Reactions: vsfedotov

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Lol. Yesterday marked the 2-year anniversary of my ITA. I remember it was Friday before the Labor Day weekend (a public holiday in the US). The same day my family and I went to northern Maine and rented an airbnb at some tiny local farm. First thing Saturday morning we drove up to the town of Lubec, the easternmost point of the continental United States which also stands on the US/Canada border. We have ordered a pizza-with-a-view - a view of Canada - and dreamed of finally moving there in 6 months, with no more temporary statuses, loads of papers, constant threats of deportation, inability to travel and see family, etc., etc. At some point my cell phone even connected to a Canadian network. We thought we were so close to establishing the permanent residency in a safe, developed country, complete with the bright future for the kids. We were naïve. Or just dumb.

Lol. Two years passed. Nothing.
I feel you. Hopefully they will give us an update soon.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I feel you. Hopefully they will give us an update soon.
I've seen a few January and March 2019 AOR approvals. Seems like they're picking applications at random from the 2019 backlog. The good news is that they resumed working on the applications! No reasonable timeline, but at least something's happening!
The bad news is that:
1. those applications are not ours yet;
2. they might as well pause working at any time just as they did last fall/winter when there was some limited FSW-O progress

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Wrote a web form to NDVO yesterday, where my application is, as per the notes. Got a reply today, pretty generic.

Status updates: Please be advised that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, please refer to your IRCC secure account.

If you are enquiring about the status of your visa application or wish to withdraw your application, please use the online Webform and ensure to add your application number. Please ensure you include the email address listed on your MyCIC account or we will not be able to withdraw your application. Please be advised that fees will not be refunded if processing has already been initiated.

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to process applications, adhering to health and safety measures of our clients and staff.

Now I was surprised how quickly this came back, like in less than a day, Earlier they would say covid and all, but now it’s more like, “we have nothing for you”
At least they have said they are processing applications, now when will they do that. God knows.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wrote a web form to NDVO yesterday, where my application is, as per the notes. Got a reply today, pretty generic.

Status updates: Please be advised that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, please refer to your IRCC secure account.

If you are enquiring about the status of your visa application or wish to withdraw your application, please use the online Webform and ensure to add your application number. Please ensure you include the email address listed on your MyCIC account or we will not be able to withdraw your application. Please be advised that fees will not be refunded if processing has already been initiated.

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to process applications, adhering to health and safety measures of our clients and staff.

Now I was surprised how quickly this came back, like in less than a day, Earlier they would say covid and all, but now it’s more like, “we have nothing for you”
At least they have said they are processing applications, now when will they do that. God knows.
I think now they're sending automated response regardless, that's the reason it came back SO fast. Previously they actually did check your application, thus the 2-3 week delay.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
For the most up-to-date case status information, please refer to your IRCC secure account.
The audacity to even write a sentence like that, buffling. Or, they have no idea how useless MyAccount is when it comes to “most up-to-date status information “

Sighhhh

Reactions: MQ12