File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi everyone! I'm an AOR Septmeber 23rd. My processing time passed the projected 6 months this week so I raised a webform and asked about my background check status. This is their response that I just received:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The eligibility verifications are completed.

· The security background verification is currently valid.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment. "

What do you think "currently valid" for security and cirminal background means here? I had orderd a GCMS note in February and the latest status there was "passed" for eligilibility and criminality, but "in process" for security. A call center agent told me the same thing earlier this month.

I appreciate your comments. Thanks!
All done. File is just waiting the final approval to issue PPR.

Reactions: Moslaris

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Re flagpoling..
Copied directly from FAQs from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

it says traveling to POE for immigration services is NOT considered essential travel and you will not receive service. (see last sentence in bold)
Based on this, IF you're in Canada, waiting for them to get back for phone interview seems like safest option currently OR you may likely get turned back around. I keep checking as a friend is also waiting to be rescheduled re inland interview. Hopefully some news soon!

I have been approved for permanent residence but haven’t landed; can I still come?
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.
As announced on March 20, 2020, foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 18, 2020, but had not landed yet, will be able to come to Canada.

What about our domestic IRCC operations?
Domestic IRCC operations are reduced to critical services. We have cancelled all citizenship ceremonies, tests and retests, as well as all in-person permanent resident landing appointments and refugee claimant appointments. We are looking into alternative means to provide permanent resident landing services, including possibly by telephone. Clients will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointment.
We are also suspending non-essential settlement services and biometrics collection services at 58 Service Canada locations.

What should foreign nationals who are in Canada with valid temporary status as a visitor, worker or student do if their status is about to expire?
Temporary residents who are currently in Canada are able to apply to extend their status online if they need to extend their status. A temporary resident who has applied to extend their status is allowed to remain in Canada until a decision is made on their new application, even if their initial status expires while they are waiting for that decision. This is called implied status.
They should not travel to a port of entry (POE) to apply directly to a border services officer. Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and they will not receive these services

What are the land travel restrictions?
As of midnight on March 20, 2020, Canada and the US have agreed to temporarily restrict all non-essential travel across the Canada–US border.
This collaborative and reciprocal measure between Canada and the US will restrict non-essential travel across the border, including for tourism and recreation. Canadian and American citizens and permanent residents who are currently visiting each other’s country can still return home.

Last edited:

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Wonder if this is for new applications?

Canada hits pause button on immigration during pandemicBY BRIAN LILLEY

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: MAR 28, 2020

Immigration is on hold in Canada, for the time being, due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

A federal government official confirms the immigration program is suspended while travel restrictions remain in place, but some wonder whether we might need to keep the program on pause a little longer.

The Trudeau government had set targets of 341,000 permanent residents in 2020 followed by increases to 351,000 in 2021 and 361,000 in 2022.

“Currently, only Canadian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate family are allowed to board flights to Canada or to enter through the Canada-US border,” said Kevin Lemkay, press secretary for Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino.

“Despite the current travel restrictions, IRCC continues to accept and process applications,” Lemkay said.

During the period where travel is restricted the department says that no application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation. Those applications will remain open even if normal timelines for submitting biometrics or a medical exam are not met.

The question now is how quickly immigration will resume after travel restrictions are lifted.

Conservative Immigration Critic Peter Kent, himself a naturalized Canadian, supports the government’s current move but wonders if immigration should be kept on pause if unemployment levels rise as high as expected.

In the last two weeks more than one million Canadians have applied for employment insurance and the government expects as many as 4 million people to apply for emergency benefits in coming weeks. A report from the Parliamentary Budget Officer estimates unemployment could hit 15% this year, triple what it was before the crisis.

“We don’t know what we will be able to do to redirect the unemployed coming out of the crisis,” Kent said.

Kent emphasized that he fully supports immigration as an economic benefit for Canada but said we will be dealing with a crippled economy and much higher than normal unemployment for some time after the crisis.

“We need a lot more people but right now, we need to pause,” Kent said.

blilley@postmedia.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thepost.on.ca/opinion/columnists/canada-hits-pause-button-on-immigration-during-pandemic/wcm/caa0506f-ed75-43ef-96ab-bc73f4d2da60/amp

Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

my aor september 26th, PNP-Outland Alberta

I raised a webform, and just received this answer:

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied have been met.
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file are currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

This means that PPR will be issued in few days, right ?

AppleTalk

Jul 12, 2019
Hi,

my aor september 26th, PNP-Outland Alberta

I raised a webform, and just received this answer:

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied have been met.
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The medical examination results on file are currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

This means that PPR will be issued in few days, right ?
yes, most probably...which VO is your application at?

Sai Santhosh

Jan 5, 2020
Hi,

my aor september 19th, CEC Inland - Edmonton VISA office.

Medical passed Oct 10 No updates since then. It already crossed 6 months. I am about to raise a webform to expecting some status. FYI, I applied recently my work permit extension as well.

So, Can I mentioned about my work permit extension information in webform ? will it adds any advantage to speed up my PR process ?

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hi,

my aor september 19th, CEC Inland - Edmonton VISA office.

Medical passed Oct 10 No updates since then. It already crossed 6 months. I am about to raise a webform to expecting some status. FYI, I applied recently my work permit extension as well.

So, Can I mentioned about my work permit extension information in webform ? will it adds any advantage to speed up my PR process ?
You don't have to . IRCC all knows about each and every application in process in your behalf. However, for Inland now days they schedule direct interview which is affected by covid-19. You can submit webform though to check processing status.

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
What
Hey! We are in the same boat, I have the same AOR and the same message in the IRCC system. I guess we just need to sit and wait for the outcome, as this COVID-19 thing might affect IRCC workflow. I suggest you raise a web-form and ask about your case or order GSMC notes. I am prepared to wait for a minimum of one month for the outcome. Anyway, no need to rush as the borders of most countries are now closed and most people can't abroad.
where is your VO?

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Hi everyone. Wanted to ask for you advice. Our timeline is
AOR:17/09/2019
MEP:03/10/2019

Our estimated Completion date was 17/03/2020. Now we have following message
"Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

What would you suggest to do now? Do I need to contact immigration office and check with them if they need any further info or just sit and do nothing?

THANKS!
Same for me where is your VO?

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
My timeline has exceeded 6 months and gems notes says not started for all...m confused...file transferred in October from Edmonton to Accra and then transferred from Accra to Hong Kong end of January all state work load redistribution....dunno why?

Olu.wa.se.un

Nov 14, 2019
My timeline has exceeded 6 months and gems notes says not started for all...m confused...file transferred in October from Edmonton to Accra and then transferred from Accra to Hong Kong end of January all state work load redistribution....dunno why?
I believe the reasons for this movement and any challenges should be in your GCMS notes. Can you share screenshots from your GCMS notes?

Finem1

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Greetings! I got this response from an agent via Web form:

Your application was received via your account on September 30, 2019.

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.