Interview........
Invited on November 15 for Dec 2, 2019 Interview
Passport Req..
December 9,2019
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 17,2019
LANDED..........
December 30th,2019
omg guys, my ECAS status is decision made. i'm not sure did it happen today or yesterday. August 6 my birthday. i hope this is good news omg. i'm going to see my wife tomorrow in bogota. My wife is leaving Venezuela tomorrow and not returning to her country.
omg guys, my ECAS status is decision made. i'm not sure did it happen today or yesterday. August 6 my birthday. i hope this is good news omg. i'm going to see my wife tomorrow in bogota. My wife is leaving Venezuela tomorrow and not returning to her country.
That’s awesome! What stage were you at prior to this? Was your Background check started?

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
That’s awesome! What stage were you at prior to this? Was your Background check started?
i'm really not sure. I have a representative(lawyer) and I was never able to link my application to my GC Keys. But I recently spoke to my lawyer and she told me there's signs of movement. I'm not sure how she knew. But will see whats coming up. From March 1, 2019 until now in mexico was complete silence. September 6, 2019 is the 12 month mark. My wife is from Venezuela, and as some should know. A few south american countries are setting VISAs on Venezuelans now. Rumors that Colombia is setting VISA soon too. This is the reason why my wife and I had to meet up in Bogota together as soon as possible.

Last edited:

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
  1. We sent _________ correspondence on August 7, 2019. If _________has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have _________ do so as soon as possible. Please wait until _________ receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Does anyone know what this means? All I know is that we have Decision Made updated. But my lawyer didn't send me any letter or request yet. Is this how they usually ask for passport?

RB4E

Apr 6, 2019
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2018
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
07-09-2018
File Transfer...
2019/02-14
Med's Request
17-12-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
Passport Req..
December 9,2019
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 17,2019
LANDED..........
December 30th,2019
It's passport request!!!
Passport request!? Congratulations!
But;
How’s will that wrk if yo wife needs it to travel away from Colombia?

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Passport request!? Congratulations!
But;
How’s will that wrk if yo wife needs it to travel away from Colombia?
I really don't know. I'm with my wife now in Bogota. But not sure how to proceed with this PPR. My lawyer told me call her because she said there's a way to submit it through Bogota to Mexico

franceslop

Feb 2, 2019
I really don't know. I'm with my wife now in Bogota. But not sure how to proceed with this PPR. My lawyer told me call her because she said there's a way to submit it through Bogota to Mexico
I just received passport request 2 days ago I’m sponsoring my husband from Peru but he’s here in Canada on visitor visa. On the letter it says you can choose the visa office you are close to at the moment. And it says you must tell them where u plan to live when u get to Canada and where u are living right now so your wife could say she lives in Colombia now and submit it through that visa office . We sent his passport to Ottawa with a letter explaining his in Canada on visitor visa

Reactions: Car0line

franceslop

Feb 2, 2019
I received Passport request and decision made on Ecas 2 days ago.

Timeline:
Application Received September 10th 2018
AOR1 December 17th 2018
Biometrics Request: Never requested
Medical Request: January 8th 2019
Sponsor Approval: January 8th 2019
Medical Request Done: January 22nd 2019
Medical passed : January 24th 2019
AOR2: March 21st sent to Mexico vo
Pre arrival letter: July 24th 2019
PPR: August 7th 2019
Ecas show decision made : August 7th 2019
Passport sent: August 8th 2019 ( Ottawa Office )

Just waiting for the passport to come back. On my gckey account nothing ever changed it still says we are processing your application it didn’t even change the background check part. And they never requested biometrics . I’m sponsoring my husband and dependent from Peru
Finally the wait time is over!

RB4E

Apr 6, 2019
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2018
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
07-09-2018
File Transfer...
2019/02-14
Med's Request
17-12-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
Passport Req..
December 9,2019
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 17,2019
LANDED..........
December 30th,2019
Excellent news! My ecas does not show any progression either. I am hopeful for results such as yours!!
And you didn’t get biometrics due to your application was received before December 31st!
Good luck the rest of the way and pray that the rest of us receive good news soon as well![/QUOTE]

franceslop

Feb 2, 2019
Excellent news! My ecas does not show any progression either. I am hopeful for results such as yours!!
And you didn’t get biometrics due to your application was received before December 31st!
Good luck the rest of the way and pray that the rest of us receive good news soon as well!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! i hope everyone gets good news in the following days, i wish everyone success and being able to be with your loved ones soon. this process was so hard and waiting without any news is so frustrating.
blessings to everyone and hopefully we all get PR by september!

Reactions: pinkribbons01

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
México requested passport photo requirement l. The photo is suppose to be 70mm but I'm measuring 72mm.

The head picture is also minimum 31mm to 36mm but I'm measuring 39mm. Are they really strict with these measurements?

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Wasn't able to submit my wife passport yet. Overall this application we had to redo the permanent residence card 8 times now because Canada is so strict with this photo measurements. All the photo studio say they'll try their best. Just absolutely insane.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Wasn't able to submit my wife passport yet. Overall this application we had to redo the permanent residence card 8 times now because Canada is so strict with this photo measurements. All the photo studio say they'll try their best. Just absolutely insane.
Just to update anyone sending passport in person through Bogota. Been a tough week.cthe photo for PR is seriously so annoying. So please make sure it's exact same measurements its asked for. My lawyer also told me I didn't even have to worry about the picture measurements after I submitted the passport and photos. *Slap forehead*. Apparently immigration will take care of it. Passport is submitted on August 14, 2019, with tracking number and it costed 45,000 Colombian pesos($16CAD). Hope this information can help anyone thats in Colombia that needs to submit passport.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
So I just checked my tracking for the passport. It says the passport was submitted through Bogota VFS to IRCC Bogota. Isn't it suppose to to go Mexico for visa stamp?