Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Thank you for the good wishes. Actually, I've just had an update, though I'm not sure if it's good news as things seem out of order.

I received my AOR mid-December and then notice of sponsor approval in the first week of January.

I've just received notice that my wife's application has gone to the Singapore visa office for processing (she is Thai). But they haven't requested a medical yet.

I understood that they normally do before it goes off to the VO?

I'm also confused about biometrics. Due to the lag time between the initial date the application was received and the AOR (nearly four months), Thais are now listed among the nationalities required to give them, but they weren't at the time of application.

Are you familiar with these rules? I'm just hoping they aren't a requirement as I don't want to add another layer (and more delay) to the process.

Also, final note, nothing has been updated at all in the online version of the application. It's all the same as it was on the first day I linked the application (which also took some time).

Anyway, tentatively happy about this step -- any movement seems positive! :)
Good to see updates, isn't it?? Even if they are confusing, sometimes. :) I finally got an official SA on Jan 22nd. That is 4.5 months after receipt of app. Not happy about the time that has passed, but still glad that at least the first stage is over. No letter on the file transfer yet, I am not sure how long after SA that happens, but I assume within a couple of weeks.
As far as medical req and biometrics req go, CIC is not very consistent with sending these. Sometimes SA comes before and these requests come shortly after. Keep checking for new messages on GcKey and status on ECAS. It will happen.

Biometrics are definitely a requirement for everyone now. BUT - medicals and biometrics will not delay the processing of your application. They probably will not even touch your app for the next little while, so that gives you plenty of time to complete both requests. (within 30 days though)
You will have to upload a receipt for payment of biometrics, I think, because you haven't paid it upfront since it wasn't needed back then. The time taken to complete all of this is included in the total processing time stated on the IRCC website, so don't worry too much. Just do what they ask and always make sure there is a confirmation on their end that submitted docs were, in fact, received.

I know it is frustrating when they don't update anything online, but it is a common thing too. Try to breathe, focus on other things and good things will happen eventually... (this is the same advice I give myself every day :) )

Reactions: gordiewow

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Good for you! Did you also receive the requests for medical/biocheck via email? Nothing has changed in my GCKey application since the day I linked it (nothing to indicate AOR, SA, or transfer to the VO). I'm concerned that there's something wrong with it and that might be why I haven't received the request for medical and/or biometrics.
Don't be concerned, you got your SA. All is good. Just wait a few days and keep checking your GcKey. I received e-mail notifications that I had messages in my Account. I checked them immediately and found a biometrics request first, then a medical 3 days after. Sometimes these are delayed a bit, but not for long. I would say, if you don't see an update within the next 2 weeks, call them to inquire. Otherwise, do not worry. We all tend to think something is wrong when we don't get what we expect. :)

Reactions: gordiewow

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
How will AOR2 be reflected on ECAS? What will it say?
In principal applicant's ECAS it should say "we started processing your application". Mine was updated today, it says that my application is being processed now. Still no medical request. But I think the next 6 months will be a waiting game. Would have been great if it could happen sooner, but I am just so grateful I am not going to complain. It is a huge blessing

Reactions: laport2018

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
In principal applicant's ECAS it should say "we started processing your application". Mine was updated today, it says that my application is being processed now. Still no medical request. But I think the next 6 months will be a waiting game. Would have been great if it could happen sooner, but I am just so grateful I am not going to complain. It is a huge blessing
Mine still has remained the same both gc key and ecas(PA side) medicals done and passed as well as sponsor approval so who knows, we are all different .
It’s great to see some other members getting some answers and I look forward to following everyone’s journey

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.
Did you get an email about the application being transferred to the visa office?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Anything that is not in English or French must be translated. Did they ask for these or are you sending as part of your initial application. If you are just thinking about sending these after the fact. If they have not asked I wouldn’t send anything .
I can totally understand the cost adding up as all of my husbands documents are in Spanish as well.
Thanks

We are sending them with our initial application as proof of financial dependency. Seems like a waste to have each one translated since they say the exact same thing only amounts and dates differ.

Hoping it wouldn't be a reason to decline us.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks.
Did you get an email about the application being transferred to the visa office?
I did yes. I received an e-mail on the 17th of January, about a week after sponsor approval. Then on the 21st I received an e-mail from my local VO that they received it. And on the 24th of January ECAS showed "in process" for PA. No medical yet. I have seen some cases where medicals are only requested 2 or 3 months after AOR2 (especially outland) and within a month of medicals passed, passport request. I assume mine is going to be the same. Not really a lot of info I could find on my local VO's processing times.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I did yes. I received an e-mail on the 17th of January, about a week after sponsor approval. Then on the 21st I received an e-mail from my local VO that they received it. And on the 24th of January ECAS showed "in process" for PA. No medical yet. I have seen some cases where medicals are only requested 2 or 3 months after AOR2 (especially outland) and within a month of medicals passed, passport request. I assume mine is going to be the same. Not really a lot of info I could find on my local VO's processing times.
That’s great that you know where your application is , we have not a clue haha! But medicals are passed , sponsor is approved and now we have settled in for the wait.
I hope you get your medical request soon

SaRaNkdl

Dec 5, 2018
Iran
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
2018-09-24
AOR Received.
2018-12-20
Med's Request
12-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi
Here's my timeline

App Received: Sep 24th
AOR1: Dec 20th
Biometric Request: Jan 10th
Medical Request: Jan 12th
Sponsor Approved: Jan 17th
AOR2 (Ankara office): Jan 17th
Medical passed: Jan 18th
Biometric Done: Jan 21th

PA: Iran

Mixed

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
My time line almost the same as yours,
App received: Sep 10
Aor: Dec 17
SA: jan 10 and Transfer to Ankara: Jan 17
Just did Ankara also send you an email that they received you application or you have the email from Sydney that they transfered to Ankara?
Thanks

Hi
Here's my timeline

App Received: Sep 24th
AOR1: Dec 20th
Biometric Request: Jan 10th
Medical Request: Jan 12th
Sponsor Approved: Jan 17th
AOR2 (Ankara office): Jan 17th
Medical passed: Jan 18th
Biometric Done: Jan 21th

PA: Iran

SaRaNkdl

Dec 5, 2018
Iran
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
2018-09-24
AOR Received.
2018-12-20
Med's Request
12-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
My time line almost the same as yours,
App received: Sep 10
Aor: Dec 17
SA: jan 10 and Transfer to Ankara: Jan 17
Just did Ankara also send you an email that they received you application or you have the email from Sydney that they transfered to Ankara?
Thanks
I received an email from Sydney office.

Reactions: Mixed

Pakiboy

Jun 19, 2017
My wife just told me she received an email about the application being received by the local Visa Office in Pakistan (where she is being sponsored from). Is this AOR2?

We have not had the request for medical yet but biometrics are done and updated on ECAS. This appears to be a bizarre order of events. I thought medical and biometrics come first.

Anyone knows how far in the process could our application be? Initial AOR date was Dec 31.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to upload the biometrics paper by ourself?
We got the paper back with a sticker with the biometrics number on it.
What should we do with this paper?

Thank you!

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
My wife just told me she received an email about the application being received by the local Visa Office in Pakistan (where she is being sponsored from). Is this AOR2?

We have not had the request for medical yet but biometrics are done and updated on ECAS. This appears to be a bizarre order of events. I thought medical and biometrics come first.

Anyone knows how far in the process could our application be? Initial AOR date was Dec 31.
Yes, It is AoR2. And lately, from the messages in the forums, there seems to be a mix and match in the processing order. Please don't stress much on them! As long as its progressing w/o longer wait times, all's well :)

lkamijura

Jan 15, 2019
I'm a US citizen being sponsored by my spouse.

Here's my timeline:

Application received – 09/10/2018
AOR received – 12/17/2018
Medical Exam Request – 01/04/2019
Spouse received approved letter of eligibility as sponsor – 01/04/2019
Medical exam appointment – 01/15/2019. I was told it will take up to 10 days to process the results and submit it to IRCC, assuming there are no abnormalities. I made and completed the appointment while in Vancouver, BC since I'm currently here visiting.

At this point, I'm still unable to link my account online. Good luck, everyone!
So it turns out that I was unable to link my account because I was entering in "1" for the # of individuals included in the application, including PA––I was supposed to enter "2" for me and my spouse, which isn't very intuitive to me. Hope no one else is making that same error.

I since linked my account, passed the medical exam (GCkey updated 1/25/19), and received the AOR2 (emailed to my spouse) today. My application is being sent to CPC Mississauga for further processing. No further instructions, so just keeping our fingers crossed!