+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
I am very sorry to hear that! :( What is your new timeline? I hope things move on quicker for you from now on. Keep your chin up. :)
Thank you for the good wishes. Actually, I've just had an update, though I'm not sure if it's good news as things seem out of order.

I received my AOR mid-December and then notice of sponsor approval in the first week of January.

I've just received notice that my wife's application has gone to the Singapore visa office for processing (she is Thai). But they haven't requested a medical yet.

I understood that they normally do before it goes off to the VO?

I'm also confused about biometrics. Due to the lag time between the initial date the application was received and the AOR (nearly four months), Thais are now listed among the nationalities required to give them, but they weren't at the time of application.

Are you familiar with these rules? I'm just hoping they aren't a requirement as I don't want to add another layer (and more delay) to the process.

Also, final note, nothing has been updated at all in the online version of the application. It's all the same as it was on the first day I linked the application (which also took some time).

Anyway, tentatively happy about this step -- any movement seems positive! :)

Reactions: WYWH

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Good for you! Did you also receive the requests for medical/biocheck via email? Nothing has changed in my GCKey application since the day I linked it (nothing to indicate AOR, SA, or transfer to the VO). I'm concerned that there's something wrong with it and that might be why I haven't received the request for medical and/or biometrics.

Looks like all of my ranting last week paid off. One day after that, I finally heard from CIC. ;)
Biometrics request on Jan 18th on GcKey, SA changed to "Decision Made" on Jan 19th and Medical Request was there today, Jan 21st.
I can finally relax now... I have a feeling that our app was sitting on someone's desk until I uploaded a form to IRCC (Use of a Representative). One of their agents advised me to send this, so that I (the sponsor) can inquire about processing on my husband's behalf. (PA) I used this opportunity to write a couple of lines in the description saying that our app was at 127 days and no SA was received yet and it would be nice to know if there was anything delaying it. The following day, I started seeing updates on GcKey for the first time. :)
Let's see what happens next...
@laport2018 , you are right, when we compare our timelines with others, we mostly just get frustrated and feel like everyone is ahead of us and that there is something wrong if our app is delayed. It is best not to do this, but also very hard not to. Let's hope we all find the patience and strength that we need to endure this waiting.

Shihabamin

Jan 23, 2019
Thank you for the good wishes. Actually, I've just had an update, though I'm not sure if it's good news as things seem out of order.

I received my AOR mid-December and then notice of sponsor approval in the first week of January.

I've just received notice that my wife's application has gone to the Singapore visa office for processing (she is Thai). But they haven't requested a medical yet.

I understood that they normally do before it goes off to the VO?

I'm also confused about biometrics. Due to the lag time between the initial date the application was received and the AOR (nearly four months), Thais are now listed among the nationalities required to give them, but they weren't at the time of application.

Are you familiar with these rules? I'm just hoping they aren't a requirement as I don't want to add another layer (and more delay) to the process.

Also, final note, nothing has been updated at all in the online version of the application. It's all the same as it was on the first day I linked the application (which also took some time).

Anyway, tentatively happy about this step -- any movement seems positive! :)
Mine is almost same as yours, but I have been asked to give my biometric last week and yesterday got email that file has been transferred to Singapore VO.

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
That is a very long time. I was at nearly four months and thought that was extremely long to wait.

Since there is no clear information on any variables that might effect processing time, it really does seem like the luck of the draw as to who picks up your case.

I think you would be justified in writing your local MP about this and requesting that they inquire on your behalf.

Guys i really need an advise from you all.

I sent my outland spousal sponsorship file to CPC Nova Scotia in Sep, 2018 and they received it on 25th Sep, 2018 (Canada Post Tracking). Until today i have not heard from them nor received any email about my application number. Even ecas is not active yet. I really don't know what to do.

Is someone else in a similar situation and any advise for me to proceed. Thank you.
Mine is almost same as yours, but I have been asked to give my biometric last week and yesterday got email that file has been transferred to Singapore VO.

Did you get an email about the biometric request as well or just in the online application? My online file hasn't been updated since I linked it a month ago, so I'm concerned something is wrong with it and I'm missing updates and requests. Does everything also get sent by email?

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Weeks later and I've still not received the letter (or by email) mentioned in the Sponsor's ECAS:

1. We received your application to sponsor MATTHEW on September 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on January 4, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Both still 'In Progress', nothing on gckey other than "we are processing your background check"...

Worried as to what this letter could be? Does anyone else have this line on their ECAS?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Weeks later and I've still not received the letter (or by email) mentioned in the Sponsor's ECAS:

1. We received your application to sponsor MATTHEW on September 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on January 4, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Both still 'In Progress', nothing on gckey other than "we are processing your background check"...

Worried as to what this letter could be? Does anyone else have this line on their ECAS?
On gckey, scroll down to the bottom and it will have a messages section. There you should see what they have sent you January 4. If there is nothing there I would contact them ASAP . Try case specific enquiry and show them screen shots.

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
On gckey, scroll down to the bottom and it will have a messages section. There you should see what they have sent you January 4. If there is nothing there I would contact them ASAP . Try case specific enquiry and show them screen shots.
When I log into GCKey as the PA, I have 0 messages. On ECAS, the letter is located under "Sponsorship Application Status" for the Sponsor, so surely I wouldn't see this in my GCKey account?

adcy

Jan 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
When I log into GCKey as the PA, I have 0 messages. On ECAS, the letter is located under "Sponsorship Application Status" for the Sponsor, so surely I wouldn't see this in my GCKey account?
Hello, you should contact them as @laport2018 suggests you.. something is wrong with your GcKey account.. your letter should be there ages ago
If the letter is for the sponsor then it may not be on GcKey but on an attached email. Did the sponsor gave her/his email address? If so and it is not on junk mail, it’s the same you should contact them because they might have the wrong email adress

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hello, you should contact them as @laport2018 suggests you.. something is wrong with your GcKey account.. your letter should be there ages ago
Yes that is strange, however I have heard it before unfortunately . I would give them a call and send a case specific enquiry alerting them that you have never received the letter.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Quick question for those of you that have already been through this.
We are submitting screenshots from our online banking for transfers that have been made back and forth. All of them are identical have both our names on them the only change is the amount and date.

The issue is they are in Spanish we are thinking of getting one certified translated and attach the rest for extra proof. Would you recommend getting each one translated? Most of our documents are in Spanish and require translation and the price is adding up.

Thoughts?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys

Could I please get some advice? I live in Ireland and have applied for outland however my wife ( currently in canada) received correspondence saying that our application will be processed in mississauga. Should I be worried??
No, you should be happy. It means they're not sending your file to the London Visa Office in UK, which one of the slowest, and keeping it in Canada at CPC M, one of the faster offices.

Reactions: Ocorcrain

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
If the letter is for the sponsor then it may not be on GcKey but on an attached email. Did the sponsor gave her/his email address? If so and it is not on junk mail, it’s the same you should contact them because they might have the wrong email adress
The sponsor did provide her email and she did receive AOR from CPC Sydney in December. I sent them a message using the IRCC web form that we have not received the letter that ECAS relates to. That was last week. Hopefully we hear back soon.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Quick question for those of you that have already been through this.
We are submitting screenshots from our online banking for transfers that have been made back and forth. All of them are identical have both our names on them the only change is the amount and date.

The issue is they are in Spanish we are thinking of getting one certified translated and attach the rest for extra proof. Would you recommend getting each one translated? Most of our documents are in Spanish and require translation and the price is adding up.

Thoughts?
Anything that is not in English or French must be translated. Did they ask for these or are you sending as part of your initial application. If you are just thinking about sending these after the fact. If they have not asked I wouldn’t send anything .
I can totally understand the cost adding up as all of my husbands documents are in Spanish as well.