+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Ocorcrain

Jan 21, 2019
I applied on September 16th and did my medical on dec 29th. I have my biometrics tomorrow but still haven't been able to link my online account to my paper application. Anyone else any info or experience with this?

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
I applied on September 16th and did my medical on dec 29th. I have my biometrics tomorrow but still haven't been able to link my online account to my paper application. Anyone else any info or experience with this?
Kindly try with multiple options. Remember, no. of applicants are sponsorer, PA, and number of children (if any). You have 5 attempts to try every day. Good luck! :)

Reactions: Ocorcrain

adcy

Jan 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Is that what it shows for you as well, the date you linked yours? It was odd that it showed Dec 18th on Dec 17th, when I linked it. I am just being cautious because CIC is notorious for making mistakes. I did a spousal sponsorship years ago and they transferred my file to the wrong VO that had nothing to do with us. We lost 7.5 months because of this mistake and then instead of entering us into a queue based on the initial AOR2 (lock-in date), they put us in the queue as of the new date and wouldn't do anything to correct this. It was a nightmare.
In mine it shows the date I linked my application

Reactions: WYWH

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Guys i have a question
AOR2 or file transfer letter will receive by sponsor or PA?
I have heard that sometimes you don’t even get one ? I have yet to receive one and I’m at the medical passed stage . I will keep the group updated too . All ours says is that they are reviewing eligibility, medicals passed and background has not started , everyone is different I suppose

hdbyuka

Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys
quick question regarding my application,
(I am sponsoring my hubby living outside of Canada)

application received: september 24
received aor: december 24

i was able to log onto gckey right away and it said "they will let me know once they start reviewing my elligibility" however that has not yet changed, and yesterday under Background check, it said that they have started processing the PAs background check.
Anybody else in the same boat as me? Do they normally start background check before sending out the SA?
Thanks in advance

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi guys
quick question regarding my application,
(I am sponsoring my hubby living outside of Canada)

application received: september 24
received aor: december 24

i was able to log onto gckey right away and it said "they will let me know once they start reviewing my elligibility" however that has not yet changed, and yesterday under Background check, it said that they have started processing the PAs background check.
Anybody else in the same boat as me? Do they normally start background check before sending out the SA?
Thanks in advance
I am now convinced that everyone’s application is processed differently . It must depend on the VO or the officer ? For example my husbands medicals are passed and eligibility states in progress , yet background has not started , we also have not received AOR2 . I’m following this thread and cheering for everyone’s victory , yet learning that I can’t compare because everyone’s application and situation are so unique.
So to answer your question , I’m sure in your case or the officers case your situation is normal.
Wishing you the best of luck and patience

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Thanks, yes we included all of our research and discussions regarding our move. We also included a letter from our friend in Oakville who testified that we have been discussing our move with her, and that she will be assisting us once we arrive. Had numerous job applications, apartment searches etc. We are still searching and contacting employers while the application is being processed, because if we get approved we need to have our network up and running. So if they do decide to ask for more proof, we have it. Worst case scenario - my fiance will just move before me, but the burden is unnecessary so we are hoping for the best. Our proof of intent was like 100 pages lol
You are all set then! Just try to enjoy life and good things will happen in due time. Hopefully it is not too long for you! I see you received AOR2. Congrats! :)

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Absolutely. I do hope when they're researching policy changes to permanent resident application processes, they look to the most active public forum available on this topic (this one) and read commonsense solutions like this. I'm in complete agreement. I was made to wait more than three months before my application was returned to me due to a missing document. Needless frustration and wasted time.
I am very sorry to hear that! :( What is your new timeline? I hope things move on quicker for you from now on. Keep your chin up. :)

Reactions: gordiewow

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Looks like all of my ranting last week paid off. One day after that, I finally heard from CIC. ;)
Biometrics request on Jan 18th on GcKey, SA changed to "Decision Made" on Jan 19th and Medical Request was there today, Jan 21st.
I can finally relax now... I have a feeling that our app was sitting on someone's desk until I uploaded a form to IRCC (Use of a Representative). One of their agents advised me to send this, so that I (the sponsor) can inquire about processing on my husband's behalf. (PA) I used this opportunity to write a couple of lines in the description saying that our app was at 127 days and no SA was received yet and it would be nice to know if there was anything delaying it. The following day, I started seeing updates on GcKey for the first time. :)
Let's see what happens next...
@laport2018 , you are right, when we compare our timelines with others, we mostly just get frustrated and feel like everyone is ahead of us and that there is something wrong if our app is delayed. It is best not to do this, but also very hard not to. Let's hope we all find the patience and strength that we need to endure this waiting.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
I think I jumped the gun too soon. I (principal applicant) received an e-mail from our local VO that states "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2018/09/11". But the ECAS says nothing about "We started processing your application...".

From what I have heard, only if I see that line in ECAS it is AOR2. So I received an e-mail stating that my application has been received in September, but it does not say anything about processing. Got a bit too excited there for a while :D

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard that sometimes you don’t even get one ? I have yet to receive one and I’m at the medical passed stage . I will keep the group updated too . All ours says is that they are reviewing eligibility, medicals passed and background has not started , everyone is different I suppose
What does it say beside the background check line on gckey in your case?