App. Filed.......
2018-09-24
AOR Received.
2018-12-20
Med's Request
12-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Can someone tell me if Its good idea to apply for a visitor's visa in the mean time? I haven't received my AOR.
This is my question, too.
I would be grateful, if anybody knows about this question.

Reactions: s.abuhass

ofia

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
kingston
App. Filed.......
Sept. 7 2018
Med's Done....
14-11-13
This is my question, too.
I would be grateful, if anybody knows about this question.

There are persons with and without Aor n who applied for visiting Visa n was denied.
So you can try ur luck... everyone situation is different

Dec 7, 2018
Hello
my file for spouse visa has been transfer to New Delhi visa office in 20th November 2017 so can please anyone tell me how long they take for PPR request and what is further process
Thank You

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
my file for spouse visa has been transfer to New Delhi visa office in 20th November 2017 so can please anyone tell me how long they take for PPR request and what is further process
Thank You

Is 2017 a typo?

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
There are persons with and without Aor n who applied for visiting Visa n was denied.
So you can try ur luck... everyone situation is different
Its the same case for my husband. His visitor visa is about to expire and we didn't receive an AOR and we are afraid if he applies again he will be rejected. Any insights on the topic?

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
I know they have their own system to categorize the applicants once their package is opened after being stored in the mailroom at CPC.
It seems to be mainly dependent on principal applicant's country of origin. It's obvious that some PA's countries are completed faster than
others. I think they probably take the easy/simple ones first to build up their statistics to show how efficient they are and doing a good job.
Also there was a flood of PR applications this past summer trying to get ahead of the new biometric requirements for some countries.
With Xmas approaching the government workers will have vacation time to use up and that will slow things down over this time period.
I believe the first check at the CIC office will be to ensure all required and signed forms with the fees and checklist are included.
Unfortunately If not complete they will just send it back.
Then after these initial checks are done the application is put into another queue for further processing before AOR1 is issued.
Someone has to enter all the personal information into their system. ( hope they can type fast )!
Case by case and each officer will follow their procedures depending on workload even though we may not understand or think it's fair.
We are probably just a number to them? They said the process can take 12 months.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the timelines at this point and make yourself worry.
If you don't get your application sent back then you are off to a good start.

Our hope is to be together as soon as possible with our loved ones in Canada.
Thank you for your thorough input. It makes sense. I believe you are right about classifying according to PA's country. I've seen certain applicants get their AORs within a month or so and getting their entire process complete in about 4 months. Several members of this forum from Switzerland, for example, had their PPR come really quickly and I am very happy for them. I wasn't so much worried about my own application, as I was more concerned in general about the way things are done at CIC and most people are stuck waiting and wondering what is going on. I wish the stages of the entire process were more transparent, so that we would all be aware of them and be more at peace knowing exactly what is being done at what stage, like you said, opening the package, categorizing, checking documents, entering data, etc. The fact that most people know nothing about this makes them worry when 4 months go by and they have no contact from CIC. Then another several months of silence when the file is transferred...That is when paranoia starts to kick in and they think something is wrong.

This is my 2nd sponsorship. I sponsored my ex husband as well some years ago and that wasn't fun at all, not because of the expected waiting time, but because after 3.5 months of waiting for AOR1, Mississauga sent our package to the wrong VO. I noticed this in their e-mail right away and called them, a few times, but they did nothing to correct this. They kept telling me to wait until the VO opens my package. I e-mailed that VO several times too and I kept getting the same answer - "wait until the app is opened" It took them 4 months to open it and acknowledge that we do not belong to that VO, so they were going to send it to the correct one. Then it took them 3 more months to transfer it to the correct VO. (It would have taken less time if they walked to this office and delivered it!) We lost 7 months of valuable time for nothing. Nobody is held responsible for mistakes they make and they don't even attempt to fix them. When our app arrived at the right VO, they started calculating processing time from the date they received it and told me not to contact them until 12 months have passed, so they would not even honor the initial AOR2 I received from the first VO. This is when I was fed up and wrote a letter to the Minister of Immigration. A couple of weeks after that, my husband got his visa. It took 18 months total, instead of 11 and it would have taken longer if I hadn't intervened. All I am saying is, Canadian citizens and permanent residents should be pushing the Government to do better and improve their policies and procedures. They have implemented a lot of good things, but need to continue doing so and cut down the waiting time for reuniting families even more.

Sorry for my long post. Thanks again and good luck with your application! :)

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Hi tried ti call but call will end automatically i don't know why
I am not sure why the call would end automatically. Are you calling from Canada? Does it connect you or it doesn't go through at all?
It may be due to high call volumes at certain times, so try calling at different times of the day. You are better off calling early in the morning. Also, Thursdays and Fridays are the least busy days for the call centre.

At the moment, AOR1 is anywhere from 60 to 130 days. Most people are past 60 and a lot of them are past 90 and 120 days too.... so I wouldn't worry, but try reaching the CIC to confirm they have your application, for your own peace of mind.

Reactions: Zainbutt67

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am not sure why the call would end automatically. Are you calling from Canada? Does it connect you or it doesn't go through at all?
It may be due to high call volumes at certain times, so try calling at different times of the day. You are better off calling early in the morning. Also, Thursdays and Fridays are the least busy days for the call centre.

At the moment, AOR1 is anywhere from 60 to 130 days. Most people are past 60 and a lot of them are past 90 and 120 days too.... so I wouldn't worry, but try reaching the CIC to confirm they have your application, for your own peace of mind.
It happens all the time

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
It happens all the time
Maybe I was just lucky when I called then. Never had this issue. Best to keep trying then until it works. :)

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you for your thorough input. It makes sense. I believe you are right about classifying according to PA's country. I've seen certain applicants get their AORs within a month or so and getting their entire process complete in about 4 months. Several members of this forum from Switzerland, for example, had their PPR come really quickly and I am very happy for them. I wasn't so much worried about my own application, as I was more concerned in general about the way things are done at CIC and most people are stuck waiting and wondering what is going on. I wish the stages of the entire process were more transparent, so that we would all be aware of them and be more at peace knowing exactly what is being done at what stage, like you said, opening the package, categorizing, checking documents, entering data, etc. The fact that most people know nothing about this makes them worry when 4 months go by and they have no contact from CIC. Then another several months of silence when the file is transferred...That is when paranoia starts to kick in and they think something is wrong.

This is my 2nd sponsorship. I sponsored my ex husband as well some years ago and that wasn't fun at all, not because of the expected waiting time, but because after 3.5 months of waiting for AOR1, Mississauga sent our package to the wrong VO. I noticed this in their e-mail right away and called them, a few times, but they did nothing to correct this. They kept telling me to wait until the VO opens my package. I e-mailed that VO several times too and I kept getting the same answer - "wait until the app is opened" It took them 4 months to open it and acknowledge that we do not belong to that VO, so they were going to send it to the correct one. Then it took them 3 more months to transfer it to the correct VO. (It would have taken less time if they walked to this office and delivered it!) We lost 7 months of valuable time for nothing. Nobody is held responsible for mistakes they make and they don't even attempt to fix them. When our app arrived at the right VO, they started calculating processing time from the date they received it and told me not to contact them until 12 months have passed, so they would not even honor the initial AOR2 I received from the first VO. This is when I was fed up and wrote a letter to the Minister of Immigration. A couple of weeks after that, my husband got his visa. It took 18 months total, instead of 11 and it would have taken longer if I hadn't intervened. All I am saying is, Canadian citizens and permanent residents should be pushing the Government to do better and improve their policies and procedures. They have implemented a lot of good things, but need to continue doing so and cut down the waiting time for reuniting families even more.

Sorry for my long post. Thanks again and good luck with your application! :)
Thank you for sharing your experience !
Hope many will view to help understand what we have to endure to be with our loved ones.
I see you have been through a lot and sense your frustration regarding this process. No worries, that's reasonable and you are correct, it is not transparent. I am new to this forum and like everyone else " anxiously waiting " . After reading many post's and see what families have to go through almost seems inhumane. ( sorry for the strong word ). This has been a real ' eye-opener ' for me and agree there needs to be a more defined process for sponsorship especially with their communications. Not knowing what's happening for long periods of time is causing distress for many people while they try to contact the CIC call center with long hold times, dropping off calls, and voice messages that say to try again later. I have been there myself. Maybe they just don't have enough trained and qualified employees working for them to handle the workload.
From your past experience just shows people do make mistakes. I think they should have tried diligently to make it up to you. Unfortunately no one care or take responsibility. Just hide it under the table until it goes away. ( More family time lost ). I wounder if the letter you wrote made a difference? 18 months is way too long! Thought Canada is a humanitarian Country.

I live in a " garden ". Traveled to many cool places and seen in person the large billboards outside the Canadian Embassy showing how great Canada is. " 2018 Year of Tourism ". We have a lot to be thankful for and I never expected to fall in love.
If you are together this season enjoy your family every day!
Merry Christmas to all

Reactions: WYWH

mercy89

Nov 30, 2018
which document did you miss? I am afraid you will start from the beginning.
Hi,
I received my returned application today.can someone help me on below issues.
1.They marked IMM008 Generic Application Form for Canada
signature missing
Current:
on the last page i see a computer generated signature coloum ,i typed with keyboard and printed that form. otherthan that i did not find any signature filed.
can somebody inform what actually i have to do?

2.they also marked country specific requirements with marker
i am in canada and my spouse is in india.can somebody inform what i have to include in that filed?
current: i checked the box attached few documents listed in country specific requirements

Thank you!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to sign beside the typed signature as well. The PA does.

Not sure what documents they need from India applicants but the website drop down tells you.

Hi,
I received my returned application today.can someone help me on below issues.
1.They marked IMM008 Generic Application Form for Canada
signature missing
Current:
on the last page i see a computer generated signature coloum ,i typed with keyboard and printed that form. otherthan that i did not find any signature filed.

2.they also marked country specific requirements with marker
i am in canada and my spouse is in india.can somebody inform what i have to include in that filed?
current: i checked the box attached few documents listed in country specific requirements

Thank you!