May i ask what your timeline is?
Thanks for the advice.

The timeline so far is:

Application received: 2018-09-18
AOR1: 2018-12-18
SA: 2019-01-17
AOR2: 2019-01-17
Background check: 2019-02-19
Medical Request: 2019-01-17 (Passed 2019-02-06)

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
The PCC request letter has an address of where the PCC needs to be sent to. But weird that they r asking for a PCC when your spouse only worked there for 2.5 mths only.

Hi guys, quick question and need some help.

My spouse worked in Hong Kong for 2 1/2 months a year and a half ago, and they're now asking for a PCC from that territory. I read in the guide that you only needed one for places you lived more than 6 months, yet they are still requesting it, which is fine i guess. However, while reading through the instructions on the site and the HK site, it says:
c) A photocopy of a letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains his or her name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required;
and also:
6. If no criminal conviction data against the applicant in Hong Kong is located, we shall issue the Certificate and send it directly by registered mail to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks.

Does this mean i just submit the letter we received in gckey (demanding the information within 4 weeks) with our application of the PCC? And how will they know where to send it, and where exactly will they send it? on the gckey site there is a place to upload the pcc...

After searching around the internet, I did find a form at this address:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/pc_lettera_e.pdf
which clearly states you only need one if you've lived somewhere for more than 6 months...Do i need to submit this form to the HK police as well or is it even relevant?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Is this the address they should be sending it to?
CPC Mississauga - FCPAPR PO BOX 6100, Station A Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

Or should i be using the inquiry form to ask them to write a letter requesting the CNCC from HK and telling them where it needs to go?

Last edited:

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Reactions: Priya95

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A

dcanada

Feb 24, 2019
Thanks. I thought it was weird too, but feel like we need to make immigration happy regardless. She called twice yesterday out of paranoia; the first agent told her not to worry about it and just make a note, and the other agent told her to try and get it anyway and it was up to us to satisfy their request...sucks because I feel like it's delaying our whole application but better to be safe than sorry later.

The PCC request letter has an address of where the PCC needs to be sent to. But weird that they r asking for a PCC when your spouse only worked there for 2.5 mths only.