+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my experience leaving Canada in the past week.

I was with my Canadian husband all the time.
We left Vancouver towards Calgary and there boarded on a flight to Frankfurt and due to a snowstorm that flight was canceled which meant, I had to clear customs and go back to Canada.

I went through immigration and the officer did not make any questions - I think he knew everyone there was coming from all the canceled flights so I entered back in Canada without further questions.

Last Sunday I finally boarded to Frankfurt and landed today at Vancouver airport. No questions. I just had to go through a different line and they asked me what type of plant product I have brought, which I had declared on the card. I replied: tea. And he just stamped my passport and that was it.

The eTA was probably linked with my passport so they did not even run through the pages of my passport.

I must say that, before I left I felt disturbed and worried about being held back at the border. More than ever I had everything in order to come back in comparison with last times on a visitor visa and transit visa. That was it!

Hopefully, next time I will leave and come back as a PR.

Best,

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hi guys thank you all for the support and in providing all the info that we needed to know. My inteview today at etobicoke was simple and done. Its a relief to finally know that i am a permanent resident in canada. Hope rest of us here also get it done with . All the best guys.

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
congratulations to all who finished their process, had their landing interviews done or had updates! lucky you!
Still no updates at all for me..

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
congratulations to all who finished their process, had their landing interviews done or had updates! lucky you!
Still no updates at all for me..
Same here. We are in the same boat. Still waiting for DM side for PA after almost 2 months since APR. QC applicants have the longest processing procedure so far :(

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Same here. We are in the same boat. Still waiting for DM side for PA after almost 2 months since APR. QC applicants have the longest processing procedure so far :(
You have at least AIP and SA, I have nothing at all yet.. no sign of life from them since OWP approval in January..

What bothers me most is it's unfair that so many people are already done with the process that applied in the second half of 2018 although there are still so many from the first half waiting for any sign! Or that some provinces are way faster then others (ON vs QC). And that it's so depending where your file is processed (Winnipeg vs Montreal). Worst of all that they do not even recognize these difference when someone ask them.

In a fair and perfect process it would be in the order of application no matter what, but we are now far from that.. and this makes me sad.

Don't miss understand me, I am very happy for everyone who's processing was done withing 6-8 months, thats great for you! But globaly seen it's not fair.

To see that a Dec 2017 Qc applicant only got now DM is very discouraging.. and sad
So in comparision to these people we can be considerd lucky when it only takes 12 months, and very lucky everthing below that...

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You have at least AIP and SA, I have nothing at all yet.. no sign of life from them since OWP approval in January..

What bothers me most is it's unfair that so many people are already done with the process that applied in the second half of 2018 although there are still so many from the first half waiting for any sign! Or that some provinces are way faster then others (ON vs QC). And that it's so depending where your file is processed (Winnipeg vs Montreal). Worst of all that they do not even recognize these difference when someone ask them.

In a fair and perfect process it would be in the order of application no matter what, but we are now far from that.. and this makes me sad.

Don't miss understand me, I am very happy for everyone who's processing was done withing 6-8 months, thats great for you! But globaly seen it's not fair.

To see that a Dec 2017 Qc applicant only got now DM is very discouraging.. and sad
So in comparision to these people we can be considerd lucky when it only takes 12 months, and very lucky everthing below that...
Totally agree and mad with QC related authorities so far. I want to move after I receive my PR.

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Any interview experience for Landing in Niagara Falls IRCC, 4318 Portage Road, Niagara Falls ON L2E 6A4.

I wired i see most of them having in Etobicoke and I stay in Etobicoke but my landing is scheduled in Niagara Falls. I will be attending next week any experience there would be appreciated.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello there September applicants,
Anyone here other than Quebec residents haven't received AIP, SA or DM yet?