+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Vhan18

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hello if anyone can help me?
I received a letter today in email that says my PR application has been completed and Etobicoke IRCC will contact me soon. Is this a landing letter or what ?? and there is also mentioned in RPRC section that i have to pay $490 fees before become PR. Is this fees included in $1040 fees we paid initially or its different payment that must be paid??
Etobicoke office will mail me or email me?? How they ll contact me or do I have to contact CIC??
yes its alanding letter

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
I have the same doubt. And also will we be getting a call to fix an appointment or should we call cic to arrange an appointment??
We got our landing appointment letter and the background check/eligibility still says in progress. So I don't think you necessarily need to wait.

brunoli10

Oct 13, 2018
CONGRATS!! That’s amazing! So I’ve heard after the interview we can’t travel for 10weeks? I was just wondering if this was mentioned as I wasn’t thinking it was going to be so quick and have a flight to Florida booked the end of May
Thank you!!
Hi, yes. They advised to not travel out of the country until you received the PR card..

Reactions: MayMay3

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
Got letter on March 29, saying that the PR application processing has been completed and the Calgary IRCC office will contact me "to arrange an appointment for finalization of the permanent residence".
Does that mean that there will be an interview or what's the next step?
Also someone else asked about the $490 fee. That's included in the $1040.

Sept. 18 applicant!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Got letter on March 29, saying that the PR application processing has been completed and the Calgary IRCC office will contact me "to arrange an appointment for finalization of the permanent residence".
Does that mean that there will be an interview or what's the next step?
Also someone else asked about the $490 fee. That's included in the $1040.

Sept. 18 applicant!
Yes, congrats! Check my post from last night for the extra details.

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
Does anyone have any knowledge about what to do if the office lost the RCMP fingerprint background report? Sept applicant, contacted three weeks ago about CIC waiting on our fingerprint reports and when we contacted RCMP about it, they said they sent it to CIC office the day after receiving our application, and suggested it was likely lost in the mail or in CIC's office.

CIC hasn't contacted us since to let us know they found it or that we need to do it again. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what to do about it? Added delay!!!

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
In a CIC's perfect little logical world, the process should be in the following order:
  1. Sponsor gets a DM on eCAS with an extra line added in the details section informing about a correspondence letter sent to the sponsor.
  2. Sponsor gets a SA email.
  3. PA gets a "ghost" update.
  4. PA's side on eCAS gets an extra line added in the details section showing the date they started processing the PA's application.
  5. PA's review of eligibility status on GCKey changes to we are reviewing the PA's eligibility.
  6. PA's side on eCAS gets a DM.
  7. PA's review of eligibility status on GCKey changes to eligibility has been reviewed.
  8. PA gets an AIP email.
  9. PA's background check status on GCKey changes to background check was completed.
  10. PA gets a DM email.
  11. PA gets a Landing Interview Invitation email.
  12. PA's final decision status on GCKey changes to application was approved.
Also the PA's GCKey should have the AIP, DM and Landing Interview Invitation letters electronically uploaded so the PA can download them at a later date if the PA can't access his or her email and/or accidentally deletes them.

So as long as you have your DM letter, you have nothing to worry. Your eCAS will change to DM eventually.
Hello! I got AIP and my Ecas shows Decision Made on sponsor’s side, but I haven’t received SA. Should I be worried?

skhan1002

Jan 9, 2019
Date: April 1, 2019
Dear XYZ, I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview scheduled for:
Date and Time: May 21, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. Please report to: Windsor CIC, 1250 Walker Road, Windsor, ON N8Y 4T4

I am not sure why is it scheduled so late, I would have thought Windsor office will be less crowded.