+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Just saw a June applicant from Vancouver received a random/unscheduled phone call from CIC/IRCC, which turned out to be her Landing Telephone Interview and she is expecting her CoPR in the mail. So I did some digging and found out that there is a new pilot program initiated back on Dec 1, 2017, that allows CIC/IRCC to choose certain Inland applicants to do their Landing Interview over the phone instead of inviting them to a local CIC/IRCC office in person for a Landing Interview.

See the link for more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pilot-project-confirm-selected-in-canada-permanent-residents-telephone.html

The questions she was asked were her current address and the name of her sponsor's (spouse's) mother. The same CIC/IRCC agent also spoke to her spouse and asked his work address and the date they met...

Although the applicant is from Vancouver, the phone number of the agent was neither a local Vancouver nor Ontario number but a number from Winnipeg... Surprises, surprises... :p:rolleyes::)

Maybe the phone calls that @satpal88 and @skhan1002 received were the same pilot project - Landing Telephone Interview?! Can you guys please elaborate more about the calls you received?

This will definitely save a lot of time for us, especially for those who reside in the Greater Vancouver area (the slowest office in terms of scheduling landing interviews - some had to wait 3 months)
You are right, i have seen 1-2 people who got landing interview on phone . When i got my permanent residence through express entry in dec 2017, my COPR was done telephonically and yes, i was selected randomly. But prior that, i got email from CIC confirming about scheduled time , date and that it will be done telephonically and it just took 10 mins. Although i live in Toronto, my telephonic interview was scheduled at Saskatoon office. So, it will not be surprise if they start doing inland spousal sponsorship also like this. And then ,people don't have to wait another 1-2 months just for landing.

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
For anyone who has DM listed on ECAS (both sides)...how long did it take to get correspondence in some way after this change?

iceineyes

Dec 7, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2018
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2018
Just saw a June applicant from Vancouver received a random/unscheduled phone call from CIC/IRCC, which turned out to be her Landing Telephone Interview and she is expecting her CoPR in the mail. So I did some digging and found out that there is a new pilot program initiated back on Dec 1, 2017, that allows CIC/IRCC to choose certain Inland applicants to do their Landing Interview over the phone instead of inviting them to a local CIC/IRCC office in person for a Landing Interview.

See the link for more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pilot-project-confirm-selected-in-canada-permanent-residents-telephone.html

The questions she was asked were her current address and the name of her sponsor's (spouse's) mother. The same CIC/IRCC agent also spoke to her spouse and asked his work address and the date they met...

Although the applicant is from Vancouver, the phone number of the agent was neither a local Vancouver nor Ontario number but a number from Winnipeg... Surprises, surprises... :p:rolleyes::)

Maybe the phone calls that @satpal88 and @skhan1002 received were the same pilot project - Landing Telephone Interview?! Can you guys please elaborate more about the calls you received?

This will definitely save a lot of time for us, especially for those who reside in the Greater Vancouver area (the slowest office in terms of scheduling landing interviews - some had to wait 3 months)
Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much for your information!

Reactions: barsarah

skhan1002

Jan 9, 2019

Interesting observation. The lady didn't specify over the phone though that it was a landing Interview related phone call. I am from Windsor ON. She called my husband's phone number (sponsor) and just spoke to him. First she asked some security questions like DOB Address wife's name. Then she went on and asked about the time I left Canada to visit parents in USA. Since I submitted my RCMP letter just over their 1 month deadline. (I had sent an email to them informing of a week delay in me sending fingerprints coz of me being outside Canada) So my guess says that it was a call more focused on my leaving and re entering Canada.

When the lady was about to hang up thankfully my husband told her that he knows many people who received final decisions in 6 months so is this the case for others also ? for which she said yes. They're trying to approve most people 6 7 months (I dont think its going to be everyone but most) But surely it seemed like it won't be 12 months which is a big relief to know.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Interesting observation. The lady didn't specify over the phone though that it was a landing Interview related phone call. I am from Windsor ON. She called my husband's phone number (sponsor) and just spoke to him. First she asked some security questions like DOB Address wife's name. Then she went on and asked about the time I left Canada to visit parents in USA. Since I submitted my RCMP letter just over their 1 month deadline. (I had sent an email to them informing of a week delay in me sending fingerprints coz of me being outside Canada) So my guess says that it was a call more focused on my leaving and re entering Canada.

When the lady was about to hang up thankfully my husband told her that he knows many people who received final decisions in 6 months so is this the case for others also ? for which she said yes. They're trying to approve most people 6 7 months (I dont think its going to be everyone but most) But surely it seemed like it won't be 12 months which is a big relief to know.
good to know thanks!

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Application applied :Sep 25
Received : Sep 27
AOR received : Oct 17
Medical passed : Dec 17
Background check: processing back ground check Jan 9
(Stock there)
Still waiting.......

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Congrats to all of you whos having positive progress... they key is patience patience patience... we are all getting crazy of waiting...

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Guys i need help i got SA but now they send me an email which saying ((you have submitted an incomplete schedule A background ))and one more thing provide a declaration for the time you were unemployed plzzz help is this something serious?

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Guys i need help i got SA but now they send me an email which saying ((you have submitted an incomplete schedule A background ))and one more thing provide a declaration for the time you were unemployed plzzz help is this something serious?
Just provide them a complete imm5669 sched a. Make sure its validated and signed

skhan1002

Jan 9, 2019
  • Dear :

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
    Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Windsor IRCC will contact you to
    arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
    identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your
    appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
    made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
    confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
    identity documents.

Passport / Travel Document
    You must bring your valid passport / travel document with you to your appointment at the
    Canada Immigration Centre.
    If your passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Canada
    Immigration Centre directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact
    CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Immigration,
    Refugees and Citizenship Canada office.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
    The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 is required before you can
    become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document
    will not be issued to you until this payment is made. If you have not already made this payment,
    you must submit proof of this payment to this office as soon as possible via the Case Specific
    Enquiry form at the following link:
    https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

To pay this fee, please follow the instructions below:

• Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
    and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

1) You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit
    card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader
    software, and a printer.
    2) Go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at
    www.canada.ca.
    3) Select “My application” from the Home page and then “Pay your fees”.
    4) Select the type of application “Permanent Residence” from the drop-down menu.
    5) Select “Right of Permanent Residence Fee – not Express Entry”, and then “Get payment
    instructions”.
    6) Navigate to the How to pay your fees section and select “Pay my fees online”. Follow the
    instructions to the end of payment process.
    7) Once completed, you must print the IRCC official receipt and send it to this office via the
    Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-
    renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

When should I contact IRCC?

You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

 Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and
    include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application
    for Permanent Residence;
     Changes in the personal circumstances of the person you are sponsoring and his/her
    dependant(s), if any, including change in status in Canada, birth or adoption of a child,
    death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
     For changes in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this
    office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of the person you
    are sponsoring, and that of their dependant(s), if any.
     If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this
    application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please
    provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e.
    Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate,
    Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).
     Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
     Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual; and/or
     Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process, provided that a
    final decision has not been made on the Application for Permanent Residence (APR).

Contact Information

For information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) programs and
    services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at
    www.canada.ca.

To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After
    You Apply webpage at www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.

http://www.canada.ca/

http://www.canada.ca/
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp
  • Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
    and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this
    correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit
    www.cic.gc.ca/english and select “Check your application status”.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at
    www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume
    of inquiries submitted to IRCC offices, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless
    the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the IRCC website.

What if my address changes?

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address
    immediately. Please note that CPC Mississauga will not update contact information. Changes
    to your contact information should be made through our online service at
    www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct
    address may result in delays in the processing of your application.
    Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your
    application.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre Mississauga

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp