Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
For anyone who has had to request an extension through the portal for additional documents (we need to submit a new passport)...how long did it take to get confirmation/approval after submitting the request? We submitted the request last Wednesday, and on the weekend we got acknowledgement that it was forwarded to the appropriate agency, but our deadline to submit the passport is this Friday...so I'm nervous about the timeline!

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
For anyone who has had to request an extension through the portal for additional documents (we need to submit a new passport)...how long did it take to get confirmation/approval after submitting the request? We submitted the request last Wednesday, and on the weekend we got acknowledgement that it was forwarded to the appropriate agency, but our deadline to submit the passport is this Friday...so I'm nervous about the timeline!
I submitted a request for extension to submit documents. I sent a message via Case Specific Enquiry on Jan 22 and my deadline was Jan 27. I also got the same acknowledgement on Saturday that you did. My document did reach them today so I'm late by one day.

When I checked my GCKey it still allows me to submit the documents, obly difference is before it said documents are 'due' and now it says 'overdue.'

I think as long as you requested the extension before your deadline you should be ok. And you still have the rest of this week to hear back from the CPC Mississauga Office.

I would think that as long as you're actively working on their request there shouldn't be a problem in getting an extension.

Reactions: lyn80

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
I submitted a request for extension to submit documents. I sent a message via Case Specific Enquiry on Jan 22 and my deadline was Jan 27. I also got the same acknowledgement on Saturday that you did. My document did reach them today so I'm late by one day.

When I checked my GCKey it still allows me to submit the documents, obly difference is before it said documents are 'due' and now it says 'overdue.'

I think as long as you requested the extension before your deadline you should be ok. And you still have the rest of this week to hear back from the CPC Mississauga Office.

I would think that as long as you're actively working on their request there shouldn't be a problem in getting an extension.
Thanks! When we applied (expedited) for the new passport they said we would have it "in a few weeks" which could potentially be this week. So, fingers crossed we can get it in before their deadline, but otherwise hopefully with the acknowledgement that they have our stuff, we will be all set!

Reactions: bushra1122

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Just called and processing has not started on my OWP . When I call it says received Aug 28th.
I got the same answer when I received a reply for my case specific inquiry last Wednesday. On the FB group, I came across an applicant from July, another one from August, a few more from September 19, 24 and 28, and 1 more applicant from Oct 1 who are still waiting too. They all got the same answer that CIC will reach out to them when the decision is made. Not sure what their problem is but it is so unfair, so outrageous and so maddening.

Vhan18

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
I got the same answer when I received a reply for my case specific inquiry last Wednesday. On the FB group, I came across an applicant from July, another one from August, a few more from September 19, 24 and 28, and 1 more applicant from Oct 1 who are still waiting too. They all got the same answer that CIC will reach out to them when the decision is made. Not sure what their problem is but it is so unfair, so outrageous and so maddening.
whats the name of the FB group

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
whats the name of the FB group
Canadian Spousal something something... just look it up yourself, it’ll come up.
It’s a closed group so you’ll have to fill out a form, answer some questions and apply to become a member.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks! When we applied (expedited) for the new passport they said we would have it "in a few weeks" which could potentially be this week. So, fingers crossed we can get it in before their deadline, but otherwise hopefully with the acknowledgement that they have our stuff, we will be all set!
I wouldn't worry, esp since you've informed of the delay. Every embassy works differently.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
For anyone who has had to submit documents via mail, how long does it take to show in your GCKey once they have been received by the office?

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
Hey everyone, does everyone get the request to provide fingerprints?
I'm a Sept. 19 applicant, have done medicals & passed, received Work Permit, my PR application status is in background check processing first week of January, but I haven't received the request for fingerprints, yet!!

Oct 29, 2018
I'm so sorry. It must be maddening. You have been such a fantastic support to others, it is so unfair that you are having to wait :(

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hey everyone, does everyone get the request to provide fingerprints?
I'm a Sept. 19 applicant, have done medicals & passed, received Work Permit, my PR application status is in background check processing first week of January, but I haven't received the request for fingerprints, yet!!
September 11th applicant. No fingerprint requests yet

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
September 11th applicant. No fingerprint requests yet
Hi, new member here!

A lot of posts are about them requesting fingerprints or medical results. We sent all of this in the original application. Is it just a technical stage for the application, or do people wait to be asked for certain information that they then send after applying? If so, is there a particular reason for not sending everything at once?