06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
In my cleGC Account(OWP) , it says on background Check Not Applicable
I think BGC, Biometrics, Interview and Medical are all should be "Not Applicable" or "We do not need..." as they are not required when you apply for OWP under the spousal sponsorship category.

The only area we should be paying attention is Review of Eligibility, and as soon as it changes from "Your application is in process" to "Reviewing your eligibility", we will be getting the approval on the same or the next day.

Last edited:

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
BGC, Biometrics, Interview and Medical are all should be "Not Applicable" or "We do not need..." as they are not required when you apply for OWP under the spousal sponsorship category.

The only area we should be paying attention is Review of Eligibility, and as soon as it changes from "Your application is in process" to "Reviewing your eligibility", we will be getting the approval on the same or the next day.
i hope we get it soon , and that the lady i called the other day , doesnt know what she is talking about haha

Reactions: barsarah

Jrutu

Jun 26, 2018
Hello, i jave a question do we have to pay for the restoration fee for work permit, if applied during implied status...?? Any clue

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hello, i jave a question do we have to pay for the restoration fee for work permit, if applied during implied status...?? Any clue
If you applied for a Spousal Sponsorship and OWP before the expiry of your previous status, you get implied status after the expiry.
If you applied after the expiry, you don't get implied status unless you applied for a restoration of status within 90 days after the expiry.

Can you elaborate more about your situation?

Jrutu

Jun 26, 2018
If you applied for a Spousal Sponsorship and OWP before the expiry of your previous status, you get implied status after the expiry.
If you applied after the expiry, you don't get implied status unless you applied for a restoration of status within 90 days after the expiry.

Can you elaborate more about your situation?
My wife’s work permit expired on 28th June we applied PR and Owp in Month of may but got return (not rejected) due to missing info on a form and finally they received it on September 19th which is within 90 days of expiry we passed our medical and BGC has started So do i have to pay for restoration ??

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
My background check has finally started. But now, because I have two kids under the age of 22 (20 and 21) - I have to submit paperwork, background checks and medical for them even though they will not be coming. they are also in the US. what a pain this will be. and expensive for no reason! ugh! Has anyone asked for an extension on any requests? They have given me a deadline of January 31 - but the kids will come for a ski visit end of Feb and I was thinking we could do their medicals during their visit. This is a huge expense to incur even though they will not be immigrating with me! grrrr

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
My background check has finally started. But now, because I have two kids under the age of 22 (20 and 21) - I have to submit paperwork, background checks and medical for them even though they will not be coming. they are also in the US. what a pain this will be. and expensive for no reason! ugh! Has anyone asked for an extension on any requests? They have given me a deadline of January 31 - but the kids will come for a ski visit end of Feb and I was thinking we could do their medicals during their visit. This is a huge expense to incur even though they will not be immigrating with me! grrrr
PS. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
My wife’s work permit expired on 28th June we applied PR and Owp in Month of may but got return (not rejected) due to missing info on a form and finally they received it on September 19th which is within 90 days of expiry we passed our medical and BGC has started So do i have to pay for restoration ??
I am so sorry to be the bearer of some bad news but based on the information you provided, I couldn't help but notice the following issues:
  1. Your wife is out of status as of June 28.
  2. She became ineligible for status restoration as of September 26.
  3. She doesn't have implied status as her OWP application was submitted while she was out of status.
  4. Her OWP application is going to be rejected because she was out of status when the application was submitted.
So, the answer to your initial question is: No, you don't need to pay for restoration because she is no longer eligible and she is also ineligible to apply for OWP until she receives AIP (approved in principle) on her PR application, which is one of the very last stages of the entire process so it will be a waste of time and money.
Also when she receives her OWP rejection, you can request for a refund and get the $155 Work Permit fee back; unfortunately, the $100 OWP fee is non-refundable.
Sorry buddy :(

Jrutu

Jun 26, 2018
I am so sorry to be the bearer of some bad news but based on the information you provided, I couldn't help but notice the following issues:
  1. Your wife is out of status as of June 28.
  2. She became ineligible for status restoration as of September 26.
  3. She doesn't have implied status as her OWP application was submitted while she was out of status.
  4. Her OWP application is going to be rejected because she was out of status when the application was submitted.
So, the answer to your initial question is: No, you don't need to pay for restoration because she is no longer eligible and she is also ineligible to apply for OWP until she receives AIP (approved in principle) on her PR application, which is one of the very last stages of the entire process so it will be a waste of time and money.
Also when she receives her OWP rejection, you can request for a refund and get the $155 Work Permit fee back; unfortunately, the $100 OWP fee is non-refundable.
Sorry buddy :(
Thanks for the answer, still have one more question does she can stay in canada or she have to leave, and does the inland application is voided.... do i have to apply again or is there any other solution

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
You can request for an extension on the deadline through IRCC Webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Their medicals can be done anywhere in the world. Email your children their IMM1017 and have them bring it to the nearest CIC authorized panel physician. List of panel physicians can be looked up here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Their IHS from FBI can be requested online through https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

Reactions: kareng1011

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Thanks for the answer, still have one more question does she can stay in canada or she have to leave, and does the inland application is voided.... do i have to apply again or is there any other solution
She is allowed to stay during the spousal sponsorship application process. So nothing to worry.
She can travel within Canada but she can't leave the country. If she leaves and can't come back in, it will be a breach of condition and the application will be voided. Of course, she can re-apply from outside of Canada after.

Jrutu

Jun 26, 2018
She is allowed to stay during the spousal sponsorship application process. So nothing to worry.
She can travel within Canada but she can't leave the country. If she leaves and can't come back in, it will be a breach of condition and the application will be voided. Of course, she can re-apply from outside of Canada after.
Thanks once again... bad news for me she cannot do anything till Aip comes and that would be later end of this year.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Yeah, if you could get it through a family member, by all means, please do so ASAP because, as I said, you have to submit PCC from both countries. It was clearly mentioned in the initial application guide. I know the whole process is overwhelming and you might have missed it, but it also explains the difference between Biometrics and RCMP fingerprints, and you'll have to do them separately.

RCMP fingerprints can be done at your local police office and for the Biometrics, you have to apply and pay the fees online and then visit a local Biometrics office to give the fingerprints and photos in person. Look it up on: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/how-to-give-biometrics.html

Sorry man, but you also may need to request CIC for an extension on the deadline just in case your family members need some time to get the PCC. If they can't, you can use that time to prepare the explanation letter and gather some evidence for it.
@bushra1122, hey it seems like I might have given you a false information on the Biometrics requirement but I am not 100% sure either. So I would suggest you to call CIC for clarification because I just found out that there are no Biometrics offices located inside Canada yet. The ones that are listed on the website are located at POEs (point of entries) like the airports and border crossings, which means it won't work in our Inland Applicants' case because the person has to leave Canada in order to get to these POEs for the Biometrics.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=717&top=19&fbclid=IwAR3oaeAah1aQyOAb7bEZ6uh4a3EMl_TBPe0jD9rqKlx4kV4T2oATiMgAPtk

Did CIC request Biometrics from your father? or was it just PCCs?

Reactions: bushra1122

Lunaris

Oct 12, 2018
I could use a little guidance.

Me (Canadian) + fiance (American), submitted an inland common law spousal application on October 24th 2018.

We received confirmation of delivery a few days later from the postal service.

I received an email on November 9th, 2018 as a confirmation that I am sponsoring my fiance through the family class visa.

It's been almost two months, when will I receive notice I'm approved/not approved to sponsor?

Also, I've recently gotten a job (as we were traveling in 2018 and i was not working upon our return). How do I notify them/send them documentation of my changed employment status?

Do they only start processing the rest of the application once I'm approved to sponsor him?
We've tried the CIC website to check the status of the app but when I search with his info and the UCI # from the email nothing comes up. I'm guessing they haven't started on his application...

We were definitely hoping it would be 4 months after submitting everything that his OWP would come through but it's looking like it won't be touched until I'm approved, then an additional 4 months.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
@bushra1122, hey it seems like I might have given you a false information on the Biometrics requirement but I am not 100% sure either. So I would suggest you to call CIC for clarification because I just found out that there are no Biometrics offices located inside Canada yet. The ones that are listed on the website are located at POEs (point of entries) like the airports and border crossings, which means it won't work in our Inland Applicants' case because the person has to leave Canada in order to get to these POEs for the Biometrics.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=717&top=19&fbclid=IwAR3oaeAah1aQyOAb7bEZ6uh4a3EMl_TBPe0jD9rqKlx4kV4T2oATiMgAPtk

Did CIC request Biometrics from your father? or was it just PCCs?
They just request PCCs. I had wondered about the biometrics and whether he would require one or not.