Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Actually No my OWP was Received on 10th September that is what website says.
Correct and incorrect. If you read the past posts, you will find the most applicants' OWPs were "received" a week before it was physically delivered. In my case, I sent my application out on Sep 10 by Express and it was received 3 days after on Sep 12 but the website says that my OWP application was received on Sep 7. It's a system default and registration error by CIC on almost all OWP paper applications. Besides, if you look at the application type on MyCIC, it will say "Online Application" whereas all Spousal Sponsorship OWP applications are paper-based, which is also by default.

leen gmn

Dec 28, 2018
Correct and incorrect. If you read the past posts, you will find the most applicants' OWPs were "received" a week before it was physically delivered. In my case, I sent my application out on Sep 10 by Express and it was received 3 days after on Sep 12 but the website says that my OWP application was received on Sep 7. It's a system default and registration error by CIC on almost all OWP paper applications. Besides, if you look at the application type on MyCIC, it will say "Online Application" whereas all Spousal Sponsorship OWP applications are paper-based, which is also by default.
I think so lets hope for best.... as i called cic they say same 10 sept received and i think now they are taking full 4 months to process.... definitely something wrong with their system

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I didn't get a notification but when i logged in to GCKey there was a message with a letter.

They're requesting my father's finger prints from RCMP and his Police Certificate from birth country.

What if we cannot provide a police certificate? He hasn't been back to his home country for the past 16 years.

Would they accept a written explanation? Has anyone been in this situation wherw they were unable to provide the police certificate from birth country?
I already gave you the answer in my previous reply: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2018-inland-spouse-sponsorship.583432/page-56#post-7472937
In addition to the explanation letter I mentioned, try to include some sort of proof that your father had been attempting to retrieve his PCC from Pakistan. Perhaps a phone call log, emails, or even a letter from CBSA showing his current status in Canada, a letter from his lawyer, anything that could help you to support the conditions preventing him from getting a PCC from Pakistan.

Reactions: bushra1122

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I already gave you the answer in my previous reply: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2018-inland-spouse-sponsorship.583432/page-56#post-7472937
In addition to the explanation letter I mentioned, try to include some sort of proof that your father had been attempting to retrieve his PCC from Pakistan. Perhaps a phone call log, emails, or even a letter from CBSA showing his current status in Canada, a letter from his lawyer, anything that could help you to support the conditions of him getting a PCC from Pakistan.
We're going to try and get one through a family member as that is an option listed for the country on the IRCC website.

Thanks for your reply :)

Also, is the RCMP fingerprinting basically the biometrics requirement?

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
We're going to try and get one through a family member as that is an option listed for the country on the IRCC website.

Thanks for your reply :)

Also, is the RCMP fingerprinting basically the biometrics requirement?
Yeah, if you could get it through a family member, by all means, please do so ASAP because, as I said, you have to submit PCC from both countries. It was clearly mentioned in the initial application guide. I know the whole process is overwhelming and you might have missed it, but it also explains the difference between Biometrics and RCMP fingerprints, and you'll have to do them separately.

RCMP fingerprints can be done at your local police office and for the Biometrics, you have to apply and pay the fees online and then visit a local Biometrics office to give the fingerprints and photos in person. Look it up on: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/how-to-give-biometrics.html

Sorry man, but you also may need to request CIC for an extension on the deadline just in case your family members need some time to get the PCC. If they can't, you can use that time to prepare the explanation letter and gather some evidence for it.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, if you could get it through a family member, by all means, please do so ASAP because, as I said, you have to submit PCC from both countries. It was clearly mentioned in the initial application guide. I know the whole process is overwhelming and you might have missed it, but it also explains the difference between Biometrics and RCMP fingerprints, and you'll have to do them separately.

RCMP fingerprints can be done at your local police office and for the Biometrics, you have to apply and pay the fees online and then visit a local Biometrics office to give the fingerprints and photos in person. Look it up on: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/how-to-give-biometrics.html

Sorry man, but you also may need to request CIC for an extension on the deadline just in case your family members need some time to get the PCC. If they can't, you can use that time to prepare the explanation letter and gather some evidence for it.
I don't know how I missed the part of getting a PCC from home country, makes me feel silly. He has two applications submitted back-to-back and it all felt so repetitive.

I'm hopeful about getting a PCC obtained from back home and getting it mailed here express post. Meanwhile, just to be on the safe side I will prepare a letter of explanation in case things don't work out.

Currently, they have requested fingerprinting through RCMP and I've booked an appointment for that. Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I don't know how I missed the part of getting a PCC from home country, makes me feel silly. He has two applications submitted back-to-back and it all felt so repetitive.

I'm hopeful about getting a PCC obtained from back home and getting it mailed here express post. Meanwhile, just to be on the safe side I will prepare a letter of explanation in case things don't work out.

Currently, they have requested fingerprinting through RCMP and I've booked an appointment for that. Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I really appreciate it.
No worries... we are all going through a similar experience if not the same. Good luck!

Reactions: bushra1122

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I just read on an FB group post that another Sep 12 applicant got her OWP approval today. Still no update on mine :(

@bushra1122 Just a heads up, you may need to have the PCC translated and notarized before it leaves Pakistan and that's if it doesn't come in English already

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
@bushra1122 Just a heads up, you may need to have the PCC translated and notarized before it leaves Pakistan and that's if it doesn't come in English already[/QUOTE]

All official documents come in both English and Urdu now, thank God! Appreciate your concern :)

Reactions: barsarah

jesus.lv

Jul 21, 2014
Hello,
Application sent: September 4th
Application received: September 7th
AOR: October 1st
Medical: December 3rd
Police Certificate (Mexico)/Finger prints request: December 5th
Medical/PCC: sent on December 11th
OWP: December 28

Much love from Victoria BC :p

Last edited:

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Hello guys i hv an question when u apply for PR and OWP together did they send you different AOR for both or it’s the same the reason i am asking that because I choose a representative for my file so they email me the AOR for PR only and i am curious what’s going on with my OWP i am so tensed any advise or suggestion will be great
Thank you

Roch6219

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Bad news for me today , I called them , they said I can’t have OWP now cause my statut in Canada was expired the day I sent my application , i sent it before but they returned it (i forgot a signature ), the second time my statut was expired , I told them they said ‘it doesn’t matter’ :(:(:( so I won’t be working for a long time plus the 4 past months
Sorry to hear that. Did you pay the 255 dollars for work permit?

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Sorry bother, but did it was actually received September 12 or it shows like that? Cuz mine shows like September 12 2on OWP application and September 19 on PR application, I don't know which one I should consider, lol
It's actually September 5th from