Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
How long after the medical does the BGC start?
Based on our timelines, BGC has nothing to do with AOR, MR or MP and it is currently starting around 94th day (give or take 10 days) after receipt of your initial application. In your father's case, his 94th day lands on the x-mas day. Considering Dec 22, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30 and Jan 1 are holidays and weekends, his might take little longer if it hasn't started yet.

Reactions: bushra1122

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Any new updates on OWP??
I was hoping to get it approved today but nahhh... still no news. I think you and I are going to get it at the same time since our AOR, MR and BGC dates are the same.

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Based on our timelines, BGC has nothing to do with AOR, MR or MP and it is currently starting around 94th day (give or take 10 days) after receipt of your initial application. In your father's case, his 94th day lands on the x-mas day. Considering Dec 22, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30 and Jan 1 are holidays and weekends, his might take little longer if it hasn't started yet.
Mine started since the day I was able to link my application on CLeGC , that was October 15 ,I don’t know why , it started before my MR , my application was received September 10

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Thank you for such a detailed response!

Does the BGC cover the applicant's home country as well as Canada. Would the home country BGC still happen even if the applicant hasn't left Canada for the past 16 years?

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Mine started since the day I was able to link my application on CLeGC , that was October 15 ,I don’t know why , it started before my MR , my application was received September 10
Yeah, some of the things they do or say cannot be explained and I often find them illogical... makes me wonder and question their competence and ability sometimes LOL

Thank you for such a detailed response!

Does the BGC cover the applicant's home country as well as Canada. Would the home country BGC still happen even if the applicant hasn't left Canada for the past 16 years?
I read it somewhere that they do two-parts BGC check.
The first one will be more like standard documentation checks covering the validity of your provided documents, references and previous visa and status information, etc...
The second part will be about security and criminality check which they will be involving outside agencies like CSIS to run the criminal background check and if they find something suspicious, they involve local police and Interpol, and so on...

To answer your question about your father's BGC in his home country, I would refer you to the spousal sponsorship application guide.
It says: you must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:
  • The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you have spent most of your life since the age of 18
So if you haven't got hold of his PCC from his home country and submitted it to CIC yet, they might ask for it later and if you couldn't or can't, you might need to send them an explanation.

Reactions: Gargoyle_Queen

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
I'm just worried because they still haven't updated my medical results on my cic account and my 30 days run out on the 2nd of Jan. I received medical request on the 3rd of December and I completed it on the 15th. They said if anything was wrong they would contact me within 3 days and no one has called since then, so I assume I have passed. Just wondering why there's such a wait. Has anyone else experienced that ? Also I got approved for owp 2 days after my medical does that mean anything?
Cheers

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hello everyone, my OWP has been approved. I am so excited. Isn't God so awesome!! Good luck to those who are still waiting. Keep checking your GCKEY. I didn't get a message from them. I was always checking to see what they have updated.
Congratulations!

Roch6219

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hello everyone, my OWP has been approved. I am so excited. Isn't God so awesome!! Good luck to those who are still waiting. Keep checking your GCKEY. I didn't get a message from them. I was always checking to see what they have updated.
Congratulation. When is your application received date?

iizukaamanda

Oct 12, 2018
OWP received September 12,2018
Sorry bother, but did it was actually received September 12 or it shows like that? Cuz mine shows like September 12 2on OWP application and September 19 on PR application, I don't know which one I should consider, lol

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
I'm just worried because they still haven't updated my medical results on my cic account and my 30 days run out on the 2nd of Jan. I received medical request on the 3rd of December and I completed it on the 15th. They said if anything was wrong they would contact me within 3 days and no one has called since then, so I assume I have passed. Just wondering why there's such a wait. Has anyone else experienced that ? Also I got approved for owp 2 days after my medical does that mean anything?
Cheers
Hi
So I was facing the same problem
I had received my medical request on nov 27 and I did my medical tests on 3rd dec
And after that I did not get any update on my cic account that I have passed medical or anything like that so I assumed I would have passed that’s y they did not call me
But I was feeling very stressed so
I kept calling the cic call centre but no one helped me with what’s going on with my file they just said it’s in process
But then on 20 dec I posted my query on the ircc web notes and then the next day on 21 dec I got an email from them regarding what more they needed from me
So maybe you should do the same try to post your query on the ircc web notes
And I think they will reply you back quickly