+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

bbreeze

Nov 27, 2018
Hi @eck6, @bbreeze, @Koobee2a, @Freshboi, @Vhan18 @Laca, @Papo, @RKAZI and @rabidjess,
Haven't seen you guys for a while... Hope everything is okay.
Could you please update us with your Medical Exam/Pass dates and/or fill in the timeline with the link below?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=600561589
Medical exam completed Dec.13th
Checked online Dec. 18th and it was marked as ‘Exam Passed’
I have updated the spreadsheet

We received a letter today (Dec. 18) sent on Dec. 3rd asking for police records (for us, it will be from USA). Unfortunately the Canada Post strike delayed this letter and we received it two weeks late. We are now in the impossible position of completing the request within the two remaining weeks. Very disheartening after all this work. Thankfully we have FINALLY linked our account so we won’t have to deal with updates via snail mail.
Also- my husband will not be receiving an OWP so don’t consider us for that timeline. Unfortunately his status expired before our application began processing, and we were not aware of all the ways to remedy that until it was too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: barsarah

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Medical exam completed Dec.13th
Checked online Dec. 18th and it was marked as ‘Exam Passed’
I have updated the spreadsheet

We received a letter today (Dec. 18) sent on Dec. 3rd asking for police records (for us, it will be from USA). Unfortunately the Canada Post strike delayed this letter and we received it two weeks late. We are now in the impossible position of completing the request within the two remaining weeks. Very disheartening after all this work. Thankfully we have FINALLY linked our account so we won’t have to deal with updates via snail mail.
Also- my husband will not be receiving an OWP so don’t consider us for that timeline. Unfortunately his status expired before our application began processing, and we were not aware of all the ways to remedy that until it was too late.
Police check from FBI is fast if you do it online. You need to send the fingerprints by mail and they will send the police check to your e-mail I think 2 or 3 days after they receive your fingerprints.

bbreeze

Nov 27, 2018
Police check from FBI is fast if you do it online. You need to send the fingerprints by mail and they will send the police check to your e-mail I think 2 or 3 days after they receive your fingerprints.
Thanks! Any idea where/how to get fingerprints in Vancouver? Our local police office will not do it

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hi @eck6, @bbreeze, @Koobee2a, @Freshboi, @Vhan18 @Laca, @Papo, @RKAZI and @rabidjess,
Haven't seen you guys for a while... Hope everything is okay.
Could you please update us with your Medical Exam/Pass dates and/or fill in the timeline with the link below?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=600561589
I got my Medical request on Dec 6,2018. Unfortunately the panel physician I used is still yet to submit the result to CIC. I will call them tomorrow to know if they have done so. I checked my GCKEY two days ago and I got to know that they have started working on my Background check.

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Reactions: bbreeze

bbreeze

Nov 27, 2018
Hello!
I just new in the forum. I applied for common law inland on Sep 28.
I just got my medical request last week and still waiting for OWP.
I need advice in something:
I would like to go back home to Spain for 3 weeks as my dad is having a important surgery in January. My visitor visa already has expired.
I would like to know if it would be possible that my partner mail me the open work permit when I get it here in Canada and come back with it? Will I have trouble in the border if my OWP is issued after I leave the country?

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your current situation, you must be so worried!
Travelling out of the country is risky without PR completed but not impossible. Your re-entry is is completely dependent on border agents and nothing is certain; however, I’ve read on these forums that people have managed to re-enter after visitor permits have expired. Are you certain you will be receiving your OWP? If so, i would assume you could return with that in hand (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).
My husband wanted to travel for similar reasons. We called the call centre to essentially ask your question and we found out he won’t be receiving an OWP as it was submitted shortly after his visitors visa expired (and it was too late to extend it at that point). If he did have the OWP it would be a different story. Call centre basically said my husband would need to prove he has some status in Canada. Applied status for PR is not a thing unfortunately as his visitor visa expired. Blah!
Give the call centre a ring for peace of mind perhaps. Best!

bbreeze

Nov 27, 2018
Hello!
I just new in the forum. I applied for common law inland on Sep 28.
I just got my medical request last week and still waiting for OWP.
I need advice in something:
I would like to go back home to Spain for 3 weeks as my dad is having a important surgery in January. My visitor visa already has expired.
I would like to know if it would be possible that my partner mail me the open work permit when I get it here in Canada and come back with it? Will I have trouble in the border if my OWP is issued after I leave the country?

Thank you!
This is the emailed info I received after calling...
(Not very specific hahaha)

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Leaving Canada during processing to sponsor a spouse, common-law partner in Canada

After mailing the application, it is recommended that the sponsored person remains in Canada until the application is approved. If they choose to leave Canada, an officer will need to ask them questions to ensure they meet all requirements before allowing them to re-enter Canada and avoid having their application considered as abandoned due to their absence.

If the sponsored person plans to travel outside Canada during the application process, or if they have not been allowed to return to Canada after leaving the country:

• They should consider submitting an Application to sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child outside Canada to the Case Processing Centre,
    • if a sponsorship application from inside Canada was already submitted, a request to withdraw that application should be sent and approved by the CPC in Mississauga before a new application is submitted.
Should you require more information on sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner, please visit our website.

visitor, the immigration officer must be satisfied that your stay will be short-term and that the reasons you are giving for your visit are authentic.

It means that you will have to demonstrate to the officer that you:

• Will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay,
  • Have enough money to pay for travel costs and for your needs while you are in Canada,
  • Will not work or study in Canada without authorization,
  • Do not have a criminal record and are not a security risk to Canada, and
  • Are in good health and, if required, have done a medical examination.
You will also require some documents:

You now have the information you need to plan your stay!

Reactions: Betabr and BR_ESL

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
It means Approval in principle
Hi, yesterday i recived this email from IRCC would u tell me is this Approval in principle or no its just else thing...?

Dear R...

Below is the response we received from IRCC today:

“We have verified the information you provided on behalf of the principal applicant Ibrahim for their parental sponsorship application.

We can confirm that the receipt number R********* was received at the visa office on December 13, 2018. Therefore, it is not necessary that we forward the copy that you have provided us.

Our records indicate that the correspondence sent on December 7, 2018 was to request the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. However, it is no longer necessary since the payment was received.

Please be advised that there is a representative on file consequently all correspondence will be sent to the representative’s email address: Khan@..

To change the email address on file, they must submit a request to cancel the authorization of the representative to the responsible office. “

So, they now have record of your payment for the RPRF and you do not need to send any more money. The letter that was sent on December 7 to your lawyer’s office was to request the RPRF payment. Since they have now found that you have paid the fee, the letter is no longer important.

If you want to begin receiving information directly from the IRCC and no longer have Mr. Khan, the lawyer, represent you, you need to go on-line and request that change.

Here is a page from the IRCC website that gives you directions on this. Below this is the link to the form that you need to fill out to ask for removal of a representative.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hi, yesterday i recived this email from IRCC would u tell me is this Approval in principle or no its just else thing...?

Dear R...

“We have verified the information you provided on behalf of the principal applicant Ibrahim for their parental sponsorship application.

We can confirm that the receipt number R********* was received at the visa office on December 13, 2018. Therefore, it is not necessary that we forward the copy that you have provided us.

Our records indicate that the correspondence sent on December 7, 2018 was to request the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. However, it is no longer necessary since the payment was received.

Please be advised that there is a representative on file consequently all correspondence will be sent to the representative’s email address: Khan@..

To change the email address on file, they must submit a request to cancel the authorization of the representative to the responsible office. “

So, they now have record of your payment for the RPRF and you do not need to send any more money. The letter that was sent on December 7 to your lawyer’s office was to request the RPRF payment. Since they have now found that you have paid the fee, the letter is no longer important.

If you want to begin receiving information directly from the IRCC and no longer have Mr. Khan, the lawyer, represent you, you need to go on-line and request that change.

Here is a page from the IRCC website that gives you directions on this. Below this is the link to the form that you need to fill out to ask for removal of a representative.
It is not AIP and your process is not spose/common-law sponsorship. There are threads related to sponsoring parents and you might find many useful informations from them. :)

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018

Dear R...

This is not AIP this is just confirmation of ur payment

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Hi guys i just want to share my timeline with you guys for inland spousal sponsorship and OWP
File sent 25sep2018
Received 26sep2018
AOR. 18Oct2018
Medical request. 29Nov2018
Medical done. 05dec2018
Medical results received. 18Dec2018
So still waiting for the OWP
Good luck guys if anyone has the same situation or got there OWP or any additional info please share thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Betabr and barsarah

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Hello everyone:

I'm joining this thread as I filled out paperwork on behalf of my mum to sponsor my dad.

Application Mailed: Sept 19
Application Received: Sept 21
AOR: October 16
Request for Medical: November 27
Medical Completed: December 7

Currently waiting for medical to be passed.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!
We hv almost same timeline i got my

Reactions: bushra1122