+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hello everyone:

I'm joining this thread as I filled out paperwork on behalf of my mum to sponsor my dad.

Application Mailed: Sept 19
Application Received: Sept 21
AOR: October 16
Request for Medical: November 27
Medical Completed: December 7

Currently waiting for medical to be passed.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Bit of a disappointing week... seems like no one got OWP approvals. Still some time left though, so fingers crossed o_O
Yeah, seems like IRCC is taking full advantage of the 4 month processing time. As long as no one is past their 4 month period yet (which isn't the case with any September applicants), we're all good. :)

Reactions: barsarah and BR_ESL

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Hi guys
Is there anyone here who have done their medical exams on or after 3rd dec and have their medical exam passed?
I have done my medical exams on 3rd dec and the I called the lab to confirm so they told me that they have uploaded the results on Saturday 8th dec
I still haven’t got any update and my status still shows we have requested medical exam and your action is required..?

Reactions: barsarah

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
Hi guys
Is there anyone here who have done their medical exams on or after 3rd dec and have their medical exam passed?
I have done my medical exams on 3rd dec and the I called the lab to confirm so they told me that they have uploaded the results on Saturday 8th dec
I still haven’t got any update and my status still shows we have requested medical exam and your action is required..?
Hmm...my husband did his exams on the 4th of December and his status changed to 'passed' yesterday (the 13th).

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hey...I am new to the forum.

Here is my Timeline:

Application sent: September 10, 2018
Application received: September 11, 2018 at CPC Mississauga
AOR received: October 5, 2018
Medical Request: December 7, 2018
Medical Exam Completed: November 27, 2018

Medical Passed: The week of December 4, 2018 (ECAS doesn’t show, but CIC Agents confirmed)

Background Check: In progress The week of December 4, 2018 (ECAS doesn’t show, but CIC Agents confirmed)

OWP: Did not apply

Reactions: crysis17 and Papo

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey everyone, questions for you all.

1.) Wife resides in Mexico. She is an engineer. We got married July 31st of this year.

2.) My wife has left her job and is planning to come to Canada with a dual intent. We have an immigration consultant and have a letter for the border guards (worse case scenario) explaining that she is coming in as a temporary resident but her intent is to live in Canada permanently, and per A22 of the dual intent, she will leave Canada if the PR application does not go through and we have hired this consultant to apply for sponsorship. We have paid half of our fees but the application has not been submitted as of yet (my wife is bringing documents to completr). We have receipts to prove this and my wife printed them off.

3.) She has a photocopy of our marriage license

4.) She is bringing 6500 CAD with her

5.) She booked a one way ticket

6.) I am employed and she will be residing with me and I will take care of her financially. I will be waiting for her in the airport along with my mother.

We are so confused on what to do when she gets to the border guard. She is aware she is visiting - not moving to Canada and to answer questions only when asked directly. She is leaving some stuff behind in Mexico and is bringing a couple suitcases. Nothing major.

Is there any input anyone can give on what to expect? Do we have all the proper documentation? We are so nervous about this but do not want to be apart anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018

1.) Wife resides in Mexico. She is an engineer. We got married July 31st of this year.

2.) My wife has left her job and is planning to come to Canada with a dual intent. We have an immigration consultant and have a letter for the border guards (worse case scenario) explaining that she is coming in as a temporary resident but her intent is to live in Canada permanently, and per A22 of the dual intent, she will leave Canada if the PR application does not go through and we have hired this consultant to apply for sponsorship. We have paid half of our fees but the application has not been submitted as of yet (my wife is bringing documents to completr). We have receipts to prove this and my wife printed them off.

6.) I am employed and she will be residing with me and I will take care of her financially. I will be waiting for her in the airport along with my mother.

We are so confused on what to do when she gets to the border guard. She is aware she is visiting - not moving to Canada and to answer questions only when asked directly. She is leaving some stuff behind in Mexico and is bringing a couple suitcases. Nothing major.

Is there any input anyone can give on what to expect? Do we have all the proper documentation? We are so nervous about this but do not want to be apart anymore.

Hi! I think you want to post your question at this forum as there are more people there applying.
I haven't been through this situation but I believe you guys should be fine. When I talked to my immigration lawyer, he told us that it was ok saying at the border that we had plans to get married in Canada even with my visitors' visa.
Good luck!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019

Hi, first of all you should open up a new thread on the main forum so other more experienced members can help. Secondly, you should NOT be waiting for her at the airport with your mother. Instead, be with your wife when she crosses the border or goes through the customs at the airport - meaning that you should go to Mexico and bring her in with you. If she gets denied, it's gonna affect your application negatively regardless in the future. Finally and most importantly, customs officer is not an immigration officer. Their priority is to refuse tourists with dual intent. You don't wanna take the chances, especially with a one-way ticket when you are not travelling with her.
Or better yet, cancel her trip and apply for Outland.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply.

So if I did go with her and she had a one way ticket, it would be better off overall? We would be entering the Calgary airport together. Obviously we would approach the border guard together?

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Thanks so much for your reply.

So if I did go with her and she had a one way ticket, it would be better off overall? We would be entering the Calgary airport together. Obviously we would approach the border guard together?
Exactly! You got the point. This way you, the husband and the Canadian, get to do the talking and explaining to the officer, and in case if things go south, you will be there to support her emotionally and financially rather than leaving her stranded.

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I gotcha.

Our consultant said it would be nice but not necessary so I appreciate this viewpoint.

Should we be honest with the guard right away? If he or she asks why were are coming, we just say to visit at first correct?

Another option would be for her to get a fully refundable ticket for her? She would book it 6 months from then. I've read other threads with people who have done this with the appropriate paperwork and had success.

She knows she is coming in as a visitor. But with the intent to stay permanently.