+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
Congrats Man! Did you get any SA or AIP letter after DM?
No. Straight to the interview with Edmonton CIC.

After my medical I only noticed that the medical was approved, then the BGC went into processing pretty fast after that (early Jan). Since then, my sponsor and I only got emails about the progress bar (useless), and then on March 16th I got an email about "Invitation to pre-arrival services letter" on GCKey so signed on to check things out and my Review of Eligibility was updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" at the same time eCAS had DM for both myself and sponsor. That's what lead me to the forum to see what was going on since I wasn't really expecting to hear anything for maybe 4 more months. Like I said in a previous post I think my application was probably on the easier side since I have had two study permits, am on a post grad work permit now (and employed in Canada), and now my PR application. I'm also from the US so you submit your fingerprints to the FBI and submit their BGC with your application so that may speed up that portion of the process?

Reactions: barsarah

Ictyyz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
I wouldn't stress too much. From what I've heard there is a lot that goes into processing these applications and no one really knows how it works. I am currently on a post grad open work permit (did a PhD in Canada) so could have applied under express entry routes or provincial nominee ones. I am also from the US and things tend to be a bit easier for us with Canada. I don't know if any of that factors in at all to a quick processing but it may make verifying my paperwork a bit easier.
I am also from the US

ufadaniyal

Mar 11, 2019
No. Straight to the interview with Edmonton CIC.

After my medical I only noticed that the medical was approved, then the BGC went into processing pretty fast after that (early Jan). Since then, my sponsor and I only got emails about the progress bar (useless), and then on March 16th I got an email about "Invitation to pre-arrival services letter" on GCKey so signed on to check things out and my Review of Eligibility was updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" at the same time eCAS had DM for both myself and sponsor. That's what lead me to the forum to see what was going on since I wasn't really expecting to hear anything for maybe 4 more months. Like I said in a previous post I think my application was probably on the easier side since I have had two study permits, am on a post grad work permit now (and employed in Canada), and now my PR application. I'm also from the US so you submit your fingerprints to the FBI and submit their BGC with your application so that may speed up that portion of the process?
Oh okay thanks! My application and status is mostly similar to yours. I got DM too without AIP or SA. So Good to hear!

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
I am also from the US
I still wouldn't worry about it too much if you got DM on the 15th. Ottawa may just be slower than Edmonton to process the interview scheduling. I think some people from Oct. waited a week or two. My reference to the US things was more to my relatively fast DM status, I would assume after that step the holdup is at more of a local level.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I received DM last week for both and landing interview. Does it mean that I am approved in principle?
Congrats @Nedalk2002! Both technically and logically you should have been given AIP before Landing Interview Invitation, so based on that, yes! I've seen some applicants from July got their SA letter after they got their interview and CoPR.

Reactions: Nedalk2002

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Still waiting; no update yet; ;( .
Oh God please, let this week bring positive news.. #september19

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I got AIP today. What's the next step?
Congrats! Next will be your Landing Interview Invitation from your local or nearest CIC/IRCC office confirming the date, time and location of your Landing Interview. If you are still in Regina, you might have to travel to Saskatoon (not 100% sure) for your interview and get the CoPR in person.

Prior to your AIP, did you get any other updates, news or notification emails?

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Congrats! Next will be your Landing Interview Invitation from your local or nearest CIC/IRCC office confirming the date, time and location of your Landing Interview. If you are still in Regina, you might have to travel to Saskatoon (not 100% sure) for your interview and get the CoPR in person.

Prior to your AIP, did you get any other updates, news or notification emails?

Thank you. Yeah I am still in Regina. Yeah I got an email stating there was an update on my account.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
For those who are residing in or near Vancouver, apparently it is taking a little over 2 months to receive an invitation letter for a Landing Interview scheduled to take place after about a month, totaling at 3 months after DM/AIP.

On top of that, it is taking another 44 days to get the PR card + delivery time in the mail. So in total you are looking at about additional 4.5 months from the date you had your DM/AIP (until you get your hands on your PR card).

@saniyasunesara here is the answer to your question that you asked a few days ago...although yours could be in Surrey at your local CIC/IRCC office and it could be faster before August.

Last edited:

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Thank you. Yeah I am still in Regina. Yeah I got an email stating there was an update on my account.
Thank you @Koobee2a! We got the same application date, Sep 12, so I was a bit curious to know more about the details of your updates. If you don't mind, could you please elaborate the details of your updates/emails you received and their dates? Thanks

Last edited:

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Thank you @Koobee2a! We got the same application date, Sep 12, so I was a bit curious to know more about the details of your updates. If you don't mind, could you please elaborate the details of your updates/emails you received and their dates? Thanks
The AIP letter was sent to me on March 18,2019. You can share the Excel link with me I can update any information that is missing.