+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Looking at the spreadsheets now.. they became much much slower that last february for example.. AORs used to come in less than s month sometimes less than 15 days.. r they becoming slower? Any idea why?

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Looking at the spreadsheets now.. they became much much slower that last february for example.. AORs used to come in less than s month sometimes less than 15 days.. r they becoming slower? Any idea why?
Most likely the change of the rules to shorten the eligibility period means many more are now applying.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
There's multiple factors that directly affect processing times. Ie. staffing, volume of applications, etc. Processing times for every individual stage of applications are constantly changing. That's just the nature of the beast.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I beg to differ. AOR is issued based on the documents you provided. If your physical presence calculator says 1095 and you have all your documents fully completed an AOR is issued. The initial review officer will not have your entry and exits into the country other than the one you provided m. This data is with RCMP (Border security). This is validated at a later stage.

Thanks
There's no begging to differ. Lol. I offered my opinion, and stated my observations based on the data we have access to.
Another AOR has been issued today, and again the physical presence was way above the minimum. 1748 to be exact.

You don't have to agree, or disagree, I'm simply pointing out facts based on the spreadsheet.

I'm well aware of the process an application goes through before the AOR is issued, but all four AORs for September have just one thing in common so far...

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Application received on Sept 13th, has just been back in my mailbox.

The reason, no proof of language. There is a box saying to tick it if YES, so they check in their data base. I did not tick that. Is it possible they rejected because of that?

How do I proceed now? My photos are already stapled to the application, there is red marker on it. Should I dismantle all and send a new one, what about the presence calculator, the date and final signature?
If adequate proof of language proficiency is already included with the original application, just tick the corresponding yes box and send the application back to CPC.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Application received on Sept 13th, has just been back in my mailbox.

The reason, no proof of language. There is a box saying to tick it if YES, so they check in their data base. I did not tick that. Is it possible they rejected because of that?

How do I proceed now? My photos are already stapled to the application, there is red marker on it. Should I dismantle all and send a new one, what about the presence calculator, the date and final signature?
Sorry to hear that your application has been returned. No, that box does not have to be checked if you submitted a copy of a language test result with your application. I used my test from back when I applied for PR.
If you do not attach proof of langauge test then yes, you do have to check that box. This only applies to completed LINC or CLIC courses.
Did you include test results with your application?

Send that same application again with proof of language.

Last edited:

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
thy do have it sine october 2013.

there is abunch of smaller issues I may need to think of as well:
they ask for imm status in another country. I used a pen to fix an error here.
they ask for work permits during 5 year period. the date i gave migt be 1 day off. I have to doublecheck.
"They" dont check for any test results that are not included in your application package unless you check that second box as outlined in my previous post :) and this only applies to completed LINC or CLIC courses.

Last edited: