+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
I know this is a very late reply but if you haven't had any progress yet... Please consider ordering GCMS notes. Now, there is no guarantee but it has got some files moving in the past. If you haven't done it yet, I strongly recommend that you do.
Unfortunately, I haven't received any updates.. thanks for the advice.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
14-02-2012 (Peace Bridge)
Admins please update the following: I finally got my video oath request on January 20th, 2021. So YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Oath is set for January 26th, 2021.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
I had applied for my daughter with me as well. Her status still shows in process and haven't gotten her invite yet. She is 7 years old, so not sure if they'll send a separate invite for her. I am just going to go ahead with my oath and will see send them the signed oath form for her as well as I have read that children below 14 years are not required to take the oath or sign. The parents can sign on their behalf, but I don't know if she automatically becomes a citizen with me, or if they would ever send a separate email for her. Any clues, anyone?

ALEX-UK

Nov 25, 2016
I had applied for my daughter with me as well. Her status still shows in process and haven't gotten her invite yet. She is 7 years old, so not sure if they'll send a separate invite for her. I am just going to go ahead with my oath and will see send them the signed oath form for her as well as I have read that children below 14 years are not required to take the oath or sign. The parents can sign on their behalf, but I don't know if she automatically becomes a citizen with me, or if they would ever send a separate email for her. Any clues, anyone?
We got Oath invitation for our daughter 10 years old with oath form on the bottom with her name .Yes you sign for her !

Reactions: ajohal3

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
you are right. she doesnt need to take oth. Based on alex note, they are sending for the child but i would say that you should send the oath form for her after the oath(even if you dont receive the oath invitation).

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Thank you guys. The oath form I received has no name on it. Not even my Client ID number or the application number. My wife applied seperately but during her citizenship test, the lady who interviewed her told her that we all can take oath together, hence she can join the files together and move it from another citizenship office tot he office she went to. My wife agreed and my GCMS notes also confirm that my file got moved to the office my wife went to. Does that mean she can also take oath with me? Their email is so confusing.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
yayyyy so happy for you guys
All the best
I hope my oath comes soon too almost 28 months but happy for you
I am still not sure if my wife and daughter will take oath with me or not. I have just gotten one email, the common email for myself and my daughter. It doesn't say any name or client id or application number on it. Just a zoom meeting code. Nothing in my wife's inbox. GCMS notes clearly say that both mine and my wife's files are together. So I really don't know. Should I use the web form to ask?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I am still not sure if my wife and daughter will take oath with me or not. I have just gotten one email, the common email for myself and my daughter. It doesn't say any name or client id or application number on it. Just a zoom meeting code. Nothing in my wife's inbox. GCMS notes clearly say that both mine and my wife's files are together. So I really don't know. Should I use the web form to ask?
You should call them, it will be faster, or simply reply back to the email address you got the invite from?

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
Ya put on webform also email the office from where you got the oath
Vancouver office replies to the email mark it urgent
Dont worry all will be fine
If no one reply than just go for zoom oath along with wife and daughter

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you guys. The oath form I received has no name on it. Not even my Client ID number or the application number. My wife applied seperately but during her citizenship test, the lady who interviewed her told her that we all can take oath together, hence she can join the files together and move it from another citizenship office tot he office she went to. My wife agreed and my GCMS notes also confirm that my file got moved to the office my wife went to. Does that mean she can also take oath with me? Their email is so confusing.
If you wife applied separately then why do you expect her to be in your oath ceremony unless she received her invite for the same ceremony.
Even when many apply together but some dont get the oath together.
You should go with what the email addressed to. Your email should be containing your name and application detail hence its only for you.
Why do you expect the oath to have your details in it? They might not have the form thats prefilled for individual hence its an unfilled form like we see the forms in cic website. So this form cannot be the one that confuses you.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
If you wife applied separately then why do you expect her to be in your oath ceremony unless she received her invite for the same ceremony.
Even when many apply together but some dont get the oath together.
You should go with what the email addressed to. Your email should be containing your name and application detail hence its only for you.
Why do you expect the oath to have your details in it? They might not have the form thats prefilled for individual hence its an unfilled form like we see the forms in cic website. So this form cannot be the one that confuses you.
The email is not addressed to anyone. It starts with Dear Client(s) and then doesn't mention my name or anyone else's anywhere. Not even any client ID number or application number anywhere. Moreover, I had gotten mine and my wife's GCMS notes and both mentioned that our files are joined. The exact wording in my GCMS notes are: "file was transferred here to join spouse file. residence under review." and my wife's GCMS notes say: "this file is sitting with spouse, his pending CRIM". So that's why I am confused.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Admins, I have finally taken oath along with my daughter and sent back the signed oath forms and the pictures of PR Cards cut in half in a single email. The clerk checked my Wife's file as well and said it was a mistake on their part and she will also be administered oath during the next session which is February 2, 2021. The process is quite simple but I lost the internet a few times during the process but Zoom will reconnect automatically if so happens. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for their turns.

Reactions: engray

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Admins, I have finally taken oath along with my daughter and sent back the signed oath forms and the pictures of PR Cards cut in half in a single email. The clerk checked my Wife's file as well and said it was a mistake on their part and she will also be administered oath during the next session which is February 2, 2021. The process is quite simple but I lost the internet a few times during the process but Zoom will reconnect automatically if so happens. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for their turns.
Congratulations!