+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Rumneet

Apr 19, 2020
Admins, please update. I got a second FP request from Vancouver Citizenship Enquiries Office on 28/02/2020.
hi ajohal3, I also applied for citizenship in September 2018 and received second FP request on 6th March 2020 after 12 months of submitting the FP first time. Also, my test is already cleared in Nov 2019. Still no update on oath. On the IRCC website, my application status changed to ‘decision made’in Feb 2020 but then again changed to ‘in process’.

Are there any others in similar situation? Any suggestions on what could be done?

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
14-02-2012 (Peace Bridge)
hi ajohal3, I also applied for citizenship in September 2018 and received second FP request on 6th March 2020 after 12 months of submitting the FP first time. Also, my test is already cleared in Nov 2019. Still no update on oath. On the IRCC website, my application status changed to ‘decision made’in Feb 2020 but then again changed to ‘in process’.

Are there any others in similar situation? Any suggestions on what could be done?
Hi Rumneet, I am not sure if it is due to Covid-19 or they are just lazy. My status is still the same. I have applied for the GCMS notes. At least I would know what are they doing with my application. The delay is absolutely ridiculous.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Reactions: lostincic

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
Hello All,

Please advise if you can i am very stress.

I applied for citizenship September 2018 (Vancouver )
got my test done July 2019
i received oath date for September 19 2019 but i got email from Vancouver office that oath date was send due to administrative error and they will send me new date but i did not hear anything so i emailed to Vancouver office in Feb 2020 and they said we are waiting for clearance from one of our external partner and cannot tell me how long will it take.
i ordered ATIP notes and says same that oath is cancelled due to administrative error it was scheduled

since then i have not got any email from them and waiting for oath date its been 25 months.

\anyone share their view what i can do.

thanks

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
I believe that you have the right to know who is the external partner and you can order ATIP notes directly on your file at the external partner.

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
I believe that you have the right to know who is the external partner and you can order ATIP notes directly on your file at the external partner.

thank you for reply.

i did ask them when they mentioned about external partner but reply came as they cannot disclose who the partner is and there is no time frame. :(

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
thank you for reply.

i did ask them when they mentioned about external partner but reply came as they cannot disclose who the partner is and there is no time frame. :(
What a joke!! It seems like a legal fraud to me. I mean there must be a deadline. What we all know at this point is that they have taken the money from us and we are still awaiting service.

lostincic

Sep 6, 2020
Seriously September 2018 applicants and anyone from 2018 should now unite and start making noise, I suggest we have a united message to send to our local media, and get on our MPs to push them into action, we have waited for too long, and some of us have a protected status which means we can't apply for our passports and missing opportunities in a global recession.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Seriously September 2018 applicants and anyone from 2018 should now unite and start making noise, I suggest we have a united message to send to our local media, and get on our MPs to push them into action, we have waited for too long, and some of us have a protected status which means we can't apply for our passports and missing opportunities in a global recession.
Why still 2018 application status going on . Is this because of some of application went into non routine ????

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
I wish we could do something its very stressful

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
Why still 2018 application status going on . Is this because of some of application went into non routine ????
i dont think so mine went to non routine
I pass my exam and got date but they cancelled it saying it was sent in administrative error this was in september 2019.

i got my notes and it says same nothing about non routine.

i contacted vancouver office by email and they said file not ready for oath yet and i will be contacted when it is but again 25 months and no oath online it says decision made since august 2019

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
i dont think so mine went to non routine
I pass my exam and got date but they cancelled it saying it was sent in administrative error this was in september 2019.

i got my notes and it says same nothing about non routine.

i contacted vancouver office by email and they said file not ready for oath yet and i will be contacted when it is but again 25 months and no oath online it says decision made since august 2019
I didn't even have the test invitation yet!!!