+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Friends, two days back my application status got updated to "We have started your background check". is there any stable trend going on for IP2-->PPR ? AOR was sep 15
Doesn't mean anything, and no trend can be reliably made.
Only thing you can do is wait patiently.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
I urge everyone to stop focusing on IP1/IP2...etc, as they hold no bearing whatsoever in determining the stage of an application.
They are made up terms, and sometimes bring more confusion than clarity.

Many applicants see their BG status stuck in the same so-called IP1 wording for months and months without any update, thinking their file is being forgotten or fell in a problem, only to get PPR a few days later, without ever seeing so-called IP2 status.
The same holds for so-called IP2, where people think they are close to PPR, only to realise it's taking longer than initially expected based on IP1/IP2 assumptions.
Some applicants I know have seen their BG status in "Not Applicable" throughout the whole 6 months process! Needless to describe their stress levels during that time, while everyone was talking about IP1/IP2 everywhere...

As far as I'm concerned, my status has been showing so-called IP2 status, "We are processing your background check" since day 1, as soon as I got AOR on Sept 21 2018. Never changed to anything at all, till this day.

Just chillax, let them do their work, and order GCMS from time to time to make sure everything is going well with your application. It's the only reliable way to know where you're standing, and at what stage you're at...

All the best to all.
From which country are you?

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni

Vickky339

Nov 22, 2018
Hi

1. Mine is SEP 5 AOR CEC , Medical passed at sep 27 and since then status of my BG is "Your Application is in progress . We will send you a message when we start your background check" which i presume is IP1 . Its been like this for almost 2 months . When i call CIC i get the same response as online . Anybody in same phase as i am ?

2. My passport is expiring in 6 months from Today (Nov 22) . Since I am hoping to receive PPR at least in next 30 days , i am confused about renewing the passport .
a) Should i or not renew my passport ? I have no intention to travel outside canada till i get PR .
b) In case if i should renew the passport , what is the correct time to renew it ?
c) If i renew now (ie) before i get PPR , will it create further more delays ?
d) If i renew after PPR , i am afraid i may not meet the 30 days deadline to submit the passport as passport renewal will take 3-4 working weeks . Considering it December , it may delayed further .

I heard from one if my friends PPR mail and i could see the following wordings

"To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months.
Your passport must
have at least two blank pages "

I presume there is a difference between "RECOMMEND" and "MUST " and i prefer not to renew the passport as it might create further delays .
If there is any way not to renew the passport at any point , i would prefer that .
I wish to hear suggestions as its more valuable to me at this moment . Kindly help with suggestions .

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi

1. Mine is SEP 5 AOR CEC , Medical passed at sep 27 and since then status of my BG is "Your Application is in progress . We will send you a message when we start your background check" which i presume is IP1 . Its been like this for almost 2 months . When i call CIC i get the same response as online . Anybody in same phase as i am ?

2. My passport is expiring in 6 months from Today (Nov 22) . Since I am hoping to receive PPR at least in next 30 days , i am confused about renewing the passport .
a) Should i or not renew my passport ? I have no intention to travel outside canada till i get PR .
b) In case if i should renew the passport , what is the correct time to renew it ?
d) If i renew after PPR , i am afraid i may not meet the 30 days deadline to submit the passport as passport renewal will take 3-4 working weeks . Considering it December , it may delayed further .

"To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months.
Your passport must

I presume there is a difference between "RECOMMEND" and "MUST " and i prefer not to renew the passport as it might create further delays .
If there is any way not to renew the passport at any point , i would prefer that .
I wish to hear suggestions as its more valuable to me at this moment . Kindly help with suggestions .
Renew it now. It doesn’t cause any delays in PPR. Mostly when you get PPR they will ask for a new passport anyways

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Hi

Your passport must

1. If you're sure of getting your PPR in next 30 days (which I too think should happen), you must wait to renew your passport.
2. Ideally you're required to renew your passport 2-3 months before it expires.
3. If you renew before getting a PPR - it may certainly create some delay as you'll have to raise a CSE stating that you've applied for a new passport. This may or may not put your file on hold. Then when it reaches you you'll have to inform CIC and then follow the process. Also, it depends how soon you receive your new passport - normally it doesnt take more than 15 days.
4. Normally if CIC thinks that your passport expiry is an issue, they raise an ADR to you for a new passport and give the required time. I have seen this happening earlier also. So, I would suggest wait unless you receive an ADR.

Vickky339

Nov 22, 2018
1. If you're sure of getting your PPR in next 30 days (which I too think should happen), you must wait to renew your passport.
2. Ideally you're required to renew your passport 2-3 months before it expires.
3. If you renew before getting a PPR - it may certainly create some delay as you'll have to raise a CSE stating that you've applied for a new passport. This may or may not put your file on hold. Then when it reaches you you'll have to inform CIC and then follow the process. Also, it depends how soon you receive your new passport - normally it doesnt take more than 15 days.
4. Normally if CIC thinks that your passport expiry is an issue, they raise an ADR to you for a new passport and give the required time. I have seen this happening earlier also. So, I would suggest wait unless you receive an ADR.
Thanks for clarifying ! That really helps . I mean it .
Certainly i am not sure of getting PPR in next 30 days ,Its just my hope reading all other threads .

Being optimistic and talking after PPR ,

1. If there is no ADR throughout the process and after i got PPR , should i or should i not renew the passport before stamping ?
Can i send it for stamping with just 4-5 months of validity ? What is the worst case can happen at that point ?
2. Or if i am planning to renew my passport after PPR , at that point also should i rise CSE ? will they extend 30 days dead line ?

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for clarifying ! That really helps . I mean it .
Certainly i am not sure of getting PPR in next 30 days ,Its just my hope reading all other threads .

Being optimistic and talking after PPR ,

1. If there is no ADR throughout the process and after i got PPR , should i or should i not renew the passport before stamping ?
Can i send it for stamping with just 4-5 months of validity ? What is the worst case can happen at that point ?
2. Or if i am planning to renew my passport after PPR , at that point also should i rise CSE ? will they extend 30 days dead line ?
1. If you plan to renew your passport before stamping then you will have to notify CIC as you will have to send details on the new passport also.
2. So there are 2 things that you can do - first is to renew your passport earlier, update CIC about new passport and wait. Second is to get your passport stamped and then get a new one.
3. Yes, you can renew your passport earlier also stating immigration as reason.
4. Both options work, you will have to decide what suits best to you. For instance, if you apply for a new one and receive PPR then there will be a delay of couple of weeks. If you apply for a new one later then there are 2 situations - 1 is that you apply before landing in Canada & in this case previous one which you would have got stamped would be cancelled. 2nd is that you can apply once you land there but then you need to see how much time you will have in hand for this.
So your options are open. You need to decide what suits you best.

Vickky339

Nov 22, 2018
1. If you plan to renew your passport before stamping then you will have to notify CIC as you will have to send details on the new passport also.
2. So there are 2 things that you can do - first is to renew your passport earlier, update CIC about new passport and wait. Second is to get your passport stamped and then get a new one.
3. Yes, you can renew your passport earlier also stating immigration as reason.
4. Both options work, you will have to decide what suits best to you. For instance, if you apply for a new one and receive PPR then there will be a delay of couple of weeks. If you apply for a new one later then there are 2 situations - 1 is that you apply before landing in Canada & in this case previous one which you would have got stamped would be cancelled. 2nd is that you can apply once you land there but then you need to see how much time you will have in hand for this.
So your options are open. You need to decide what suits you best.
Thanks Ruchesha for all the clarifications . Initially i was little confused because i was under impression that they wont stamp the passport that has less tan 6 month validity .
Once i get my passport stamped , I am planning to do the landing the very next day itself as i am in-land already .
I just want to make sure that expiry of my passport doesn't create any problem until stamping .
Thanks again .

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks Ruchesha for all the clarifications . Initially i was little confused because i was under impression that they wont stamp the passport that has less tan 6 month validity .
Once i get my passport stamped , I am planning to do the landing the very next day itself as i am in-land already .
I just want to make sure that expiry of my passport doesn't create any problem until stamping .
Thanks again .
You're welcome :)

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Thanks again .

I have seen a situation where an applicant received an ADR for renewed passport. So it could be any of the options as Ruchesha has explained and it’s dependent on your VO.